User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default NT's, What hobbies do you have that others wouldn't expect?

Just as the title says, what hobbies do you have that don't seem like average, everyday NT hobbies?

For me, I'm quite fond of dancing. I'm particularly interested in raks sharki (belly dance) at the moment! It's incredibly beautiful and expressive! I've told a few of my coworkers that I occasionally take belly dance lessons, and I immediately get a sense of surprise from them. I think they expect that I only sit at home playing video games and reading fantasy novels. They are also incredibly surprised when they find out I was a cheerleader all through high school and part of college. What can I say, I'm a kinesthetic learner! My INTJ brother is very kinesthetically inclined as well!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I took belly dancing for awhile and I'm looking to resume it now that I have more time. For me it was a cultural thing I grew up with but people find it shocking. It's great exercise as well so that's the reason I give. I also love to garden,cook, can stuff...real domestic-ness. People also find that odd.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I also love to garden,cook, can stuff...real domestic-ness. People also find that odd.
    Nice! I want to learn to cook, by my frugality and perfectionist nature gets in my way... I loathe the idea of spending money for nice ingredients and then making something inedible. Did you have that problem at all? If you did, how did you get past it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I love to clean.

Cooking and baking are big hobbies for me too, and I think it's probably not an especially NT hobby.

I don't mind spending money on nice ingredients because it's kind of like a little added pressure to do it right and not waste them. Everything is more fun to me if it has a little challenge attached. Besides, once you get good you begin to appreciate the difference between meh ingredients and good ones, and then you find them worth the expense.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

+1 to cooking and dancing. I also get a kick out of going off on road-trip adventures, makin out, and shooting tin cans.

All hopelessly Se activites

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Nice! I want to learn to cook, by my frugality and perfectionist nature gets in my way... I loathe the idea of spending money for nice ingredients and then making something inedible. Did you have that problem at all? If you did, how did you get past it?
    Cook simple foods

Soups and stir-fry are a good place to start, if you put good ingredients in those you can't really go wrong.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    xxxx

I enjoy the Theatre.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I'm also frugal when shopping. I have teen boys but I hate to waste money. I have always been a good cook and I learned at an early age. I've had mistakes and a few kitchen disasters but they are pretty rare. Just look for recipes you like, working up to the more complex things.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I enjoy the Theatre.
    Yeah! My husband is an INTP and loved being in theatre in high school. I wish he still had the VHS tape of him in Guys and Dolls and A Midsummer Night's Dream, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm also frugal when shopping. I have teen boys but I hate to waste money. I have always been a good cook and I learned at an early age. I've had mistakes and a few kitchen disasters but they are pretty rare. Just look for recipes you like, working up to the more complex things.
    I'll have to be a little more brave and finally give it a shot.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Getting on my bike on a nice day, listening to my iPod, and biking out to whereever i happen to end up... hows that for Ne dominant