• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, What hobbies do you have that others wouldn't expect?

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Next hobby that I intend to embrace is brewing my own beer. Though, that strikes me as something very NT-ish... :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I learned that in a project group in class and yes its a must-do :D.

Send me a bottle of your first results :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Next hobby that I intend to embrace is brewing my own beer. Though, that strikes me as something very NT-ish... :D

I'm not stalking you, srsly. hahaha. ;) but my istp husband used to brew his own beer (a couple times) and I used to make wine. the wine turned out vinegary most of the time, and was, uh, less than clear (opaque?), but, hey I got a small buzz off of it nonetheless. i could never wait the full 6 months though........i love the idea of fermentation. lately I've been turned on to kambucha tea (a fermented fungus).

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I like to cook and garden (veggies/fruits, not so much flowers).

Oh, and horseback riding.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I learned that in a project group in class and yes its a must-do :D.

Send me a bottle of your first results :D

I honestly need to read up on it soon. I'm getting burned out on cheap beer, imports are never as good once they've been shipped here (Guiness is a good example), and I'm going broke buying the microbrews :laugh:

I'm not stalking you, srsly. hahaha. ;) but my istp husband used to brew his own beer (a couple times) and I used to make wine. the wine turned out vinegary most of the time, and was, uh, less than clear (opaque?), but, hey I got a small buzz off of it nonetheless. i could never wait the full 6 months though........i love the idea of fermentation. lately I've been turned on to kambucha tea (a fermented fungus).

I've had homebrew shiraz, and mead (honeywine) before, and they were both pretty good (the mead especially).

I must admit the idea of making my own recipes and tweaking a "custom" beer gets the gear-head in me pretty eager.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly need to read up on it soon. I'm getting burned out on cheap beer, imports are never as good once they've been shipped here (Guiness is a good example), and I'm going broke buying the microbrews :laugh:

I've had homebrew shiraz, and mead (honeywine) before, and they were both pretty good (the mead especially).

I must admit the idea of making my own recipes and tweaking a "custom" beer gets the gear-head in me pretty eager.

I think it's good for the soul (and society, but i'll try not to get too heavy) the more you can make/grow/invent for yourself. It might not always be 'as good' by regular standards, because people/businesses that do things professionally are expert, but I think it's better overall. And once you are used to your own way, it's hard to go back to retail.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Wow making wine is extremely difficult. You need a perfect basement and a great climate to grow the grapes.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow making wine is extremely difficult. You need a perfect basement and a great climate to grow the grapes.

Yeah, where I live, the climate isn't ideal for grapes, and we're so low to sea-level that you'd be hard pressed to find an actual basement.

I think mead's supposed to be a lot less demanding to brew though.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Gardening. Looking after and pruning the fruit-trees of my little orchard.

Cultivating exotic or rare plants... Exploring ecosystems in details, noticing plants and insects somebody never found so far... but wait, that is very NTish!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well all my hobbies and interests are well known by the people around me in RL. I suppose in typology terms, it might be unexpected for an INTP to be interested in formal debates. I was a member of my school's team for 2 years running (although so was another INTP I know so maybe not that unusual). Other hobbies include music (I play flute and piano, and can play some stuff on tin-whistle, guitar, piano-accordion and harp), video gaming, reading, warhammer fantasy (though that's been untouched for a while) and photography. When a few of my friends were in my room recently they were shocked by the amount of posters and photos I have stuck to my walls (although they were more curious as to why I still had a calendar sept 08 - aug 09 still up :tongue:)! So nothing particularly exciting there like wine-making! Sounds like it'd be fun though

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I cook
do astrology
have a small interest in Rune stones
caligraphy
Painting
Drawing
ballet
reading
horse riding
ice skating

I do loads of stuff really

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I cook
do astrology
have a small interest in Rune stones
caligraphy
Painting
Drawing
ballet
reading
horse riding
ice skating

I do loads of stuff really

actually ya, me too...allof the above except ballet in rune stones

lol forgot about it when i first answered this post

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Painting. Everyone seems so surprised when they find out that I'm actually actually into drawing and painting and all kind of visualizing. I guess they expect that painting is only a hobby of weird and extremely artistic personalities :D Also listening to classical music. Though I try to hide it and it's only a few people that knows it, because it completely doesn't stick together with my image of a badass :D
Oh and of course horse riding, but it used to be a kind of serious sport, now it's just more like a nice time spending, amateur sport at local competitions. As my parents didn't fully support me and almost any kind of serious sport especially horse riding costs enormous amounts of money, I just had to give up a little bit. But anyway, I don't regret that, because now I should concentrate on my education. Later when I will own a huge, successful business I will have 20 horses, and I will support talented, but poor or unsupported children who are into horse riding :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I play football ("soccer") and go to the gym.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Skydiving. I presume it's not a common hobby amongst INTs?

Also, I'd really like to learn how to cook, but I'm something like an anti-talent in this field :D

capricorn009

pretty much all of them...learning french, japanese, reading lengthy books, singing and acting. I don't understand people that want to use things the-
y're good at to get social standing or power, it seems like such a waste of
energy when you can use knowing you're more powerful when it comes to
taping into abilities than people think you are to have an affect on changes
in life that could be avoided.

entj

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Painting.

your the third entp who paints on this page and i know one entp irl and he paints too :D . allso he listens to some classical music

that seems to be quite popular hobby with entps

my only hobbies are photography and thinking(and if listening to music much and playing a computer game allmoast everyday for few minutes to few hours can be coinsidered as hobbies), but arent those quite intp things? i like to play foot bag(or hacky sack as called somewhere in the world) as much as possible in the summer, but usually all my friends are too lazy for that, so dunno if i can call it a hobby and dunno if other intps like to do it