User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NT's, What hobbies do you have that others wouldn't expect?

ooohh hee;s one: Gangster flicks. I fuckin' love 'em. Can't get enough. The Godfather, Scarface, Once Upon a Time In America (full version not the rubbish Hollywood edit), Goodfellas etc.: obviously. But even ones which I know objectively are bad: like Carlito's Way, Road to Perdition, and that one that Al Pacino directed (I think) about his childhood etc. I just love what they evoke.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    7w6 so/sp

I have lots of unexpected hobbies. In fact, most of them are somewhat unexpected depending on who you are talking to.

People don't really believe that I play Dance Dance Revolution seriously. I guess I am the wrong kind of nerd for that

I also like rollercoasters, karaoke, and shopping for unique stuffs.

3w2 so

I'ld say wanking but I am not sure if it would be unexpected
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

I'm known for not being the most practical of people, generally anything that involves grappling physically with objects hasn't been my strong suit. So people probably would be surprised to find that I'm very fond of woodworking. I make a lot of simple furniture and "household solutions" and find it relaxing and very satisfying to do it with my own hands. And I'm not bad at it, either

People who knew me from my childhood would also probably be surprised that I'm a keen amateur photographer. They'd be surprised because I never was interested in taking photos at occasions, and hated having my own photo taken. I was known in my teens and 20's for going on trips to fascinating/exotic places, and not bringing back a single photo. But in the last 3 years I've taken it up, thanks to the influence of my ISTP best buddy.

Occasionally I make clothes, too, from scratch. That'd surprised anyone, I expect, simply because so few people do it these days.

But my biggest hobby (travelling, exploring etc) wouldn't surprise anyone.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Permabanned Array

Well, the latest puzzle I am working on is ending traffic congestion completely. There is no known notion or cookbook capable of easily solving it, without significant costs. Therefore, this can only be solved by the most logical of all men. One who has an economist's mindset for cost-benefit analysis, one with an enormous visuo-spatial intellect to see all the variations in the economy of movement based on different rules, and one with taste for both linear and non-linear models. I have set myself this task. Every day I think about how many billions of dollars are consumed as people crawl in traffic, and how these resources could be allocated to making society more productive. That is my hobbie. The solution I put forth in a paper I plan to get published is congestion tolls and public transit subsidies. Though even as I say this I know there are deeper answers that will involve fusing together geometry (for all the spatial patterns); quantum physics and chaos theory (using a non-linear model to explain how one accident can cause complete gridlock, even long after it is cleared); logic, which I use to solve every known problem; economics; and of course the politics of it.

In addition, I'm working towards being a logician in my spare time. I also play chess, the saxophone, and I enjoy watching movies though I haven't watched tv in two years as I am against it in principle.

Actually, I heard that by using slime, the answer to that question can be solved relatively easily, since if you place food at various intervals which represent points of interests, that the slime will naturally grow at the most efficient way of reaching that food. I don't know too much about it, or how it works exactly, but I read something about it in Google news about how slime made a pretty similar match to Japan's train lines.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Senior Member Array thescientist's Avatar

I'm a the arts. Absolutely LOOOOVE dancing...ALL KINDS. Particularly fond of Salsa and Latin dance in general since it's in my blood Would love to learn Flamenco passionate. I love watching Lyrical dance as well. My favorite show in the universe is So You Think You Can Dance. The performances on there are absolutely jaw-dropping. Some have even brought me to tears (just a few ).

I feel dance is just such a release for's like a break from my INTJ-ness, where I get to express some sort of emotion without feeling so vulnerable.

Photography, Makeup Artistry, and Fashion...just the arts in general.

5w4 if it matters

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Arsenal? I feel for ya.
    Why do you?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog:

Senior Member Array

I'm a pilot, have been since I was 16... People that don't know me are typically shocked when they find out and most of the time don't believe me when I tell them. I also love to race motorcycles and work on cars (people never really expect those hobbies either since I'm a girl.)

YouTube - Devil plane, lost radio part 1

YouTube - Devil plane, lost radio part 3.

Doll housing
    Writing fiction
    Cooking for fun
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."