• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, What hobbies do you have that others wouldn't expect?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ooohh hee;s one: Gangster flicks. I fuckin' love 'em. Can't get enough. The Godfather, Scarface, Once Upon a Time In America (full version not the rubbish Hollywood edit), Goodfellas etc.: obviously. But even ones which I know objectively are bad: like Carlito's Way, Road to Perdition, and that one that Al Pacino directed (I think) about his childhood etc. I just love what they evoke.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have lots of unexpected hobbies. In fact, most of them are somewhat unexpected depending on who you are talking to.

People don't really believe that I play Dance Dance Revolution seriously. I guess I am the wrong kind of nerd for that :nerd:

I also like rollercoasters, karaoke, and shopping for unique stuffs.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'ld say wanking but I am not sure if it would be unexpected

proximo

I'm known for not being the most practical of people, generally anything that involves grappling physically with objects hasn't been my strong suit. So people probably would be surprised to find that I'm very fond of woodworking. I make a lot of simple furniture and "household solutions" and find it relaxing and very satisfying to do it with my own hands. And I'm not bad at it, either :)

People who knew me from my childhood would also probably be surprised that I'm a keen amateur photographer. They'd be surprised because I never was interested in taking photos at occasions, and hated having my own photo taken. I was known in my teens and 20's for going on trips to fascinating/exotic places, and not bringing back a single photo. But in the last 3 years I've taken it up, thanks to the influence of my ISTP best buddy.

Occasionally I make clothes, too, from scratch. That'd surprised anyone, I expect, simply because so few people do it these days.

But my biggest hobby (travelling, exploring etc) wouldn't surprise anyone.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, the latest puzzle I am working on is ending traffic congestion completely. There is no known notion or cookbook capable of easily solving it, without significant costs. Therefore, this can only be solved by the most logical of all men. One who has an economist's mindset for cost-benefit analysis, one with an enormous visuo-spatial intellect to see all the variations in the economy of movement based on different rules, and one with taste for both linear and non-linear models. I have set myself this task. Every day I think about how many billions of dollars are consumed as people crawl in traffic, and how these resources could be allocated to making society more productive. That is my hobbie. The solution I put forth in a paper I plan to get published is congestion tolls and public transit subsidies. Though even as I say this I know there are deeper answers that will involve fusing together geometry (for all the spatial patterns); quantum physics and chaos theory (using a non-linear model to explain how one accident can cause complete gridlock, even long after it is cleared); logic, which I use to solve every known problem; economics; and of course the politics of it.

In addition, I'm working towards being a logician in my spare time. I also play chess, the saxophone, and I enjoy watching movies though I haven't watched tv in two years as I am against it in principle.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Actually, I heard that by using slime, the answer to that question can be solved relatively easily, since if you place food at various intervals which represent points of interests, that the slime will naturally grow at the most efficient way of reaching that food. I don't know too much about it, or how it works exactly, but I read something about it in Google news about how slime made a pretty similar match to Japan's train lines.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a designer...love the arts. Absolutely LOOOOVE dancing...ALL KINDS. Particularly fond of Salsa and Latin dance in general since it's in my blood :) Would love to learn Flamenco someday...so passionate. I love watching Lyrical dance as well. My favorite show in the universe is So You Think You Can Dance. The performances on there are absolutely jaw-dropping. Some have even brought me to tears (just a few :D).

I feel dance is just such a release for me...it's like a break from my INTJ-ness, where I get to express some sort of emotion without feeling so vulnerable.

Photography, Makeup Artistry, and Fashion...just the arts in general.

5w4 if it matters

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Doll housing
Puppeteering
Writing fiction
Cooking for fun
Gardening

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm a designer...love the arts. Absolutely LOOOOVE dancing...ALL KINDS. Fashion...just the arts in general.

+gazzillion.

Cooking, cleaning, being domestic basically....

Playing with makeup

Shopping( grocery> materialistic, but I still enjoy both)

Watching kid cartoons( eg. spongebob) :ninja:)

I also like DDR ( to person who mentioned it!! :D )

Sports/watching/playing

Watching dorky movies/ tv shows ( EX: Movies: scary movies, TV shows: MTV shows lol)

and a few more I cant remember at the moment.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to Irish dance and row...now I just play video games tehe