User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Default ENTPs (and the others too), how do you deal with (unexpected) failures?

I just realized that I feel totally pissed and it makes me try like 3 times harder to find new ways possibilities how to succeed, but at the same time I'm wondering if I meet all the requirements to guarantee success. This wondering which a bit makes me believe that maybe I am not that great at all, drives me kinda crazy. Though I believe it's good to land from the sky to ground once in a while, I still hate to fail, especially when I've wasted so much of my time just to succeed .. What about you?
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I find some way to convince myself/others that the failure wasn't really a failure, but just one more step along the path to success. Ya know, the same way we ENTPs find ways to retrospectively justify everything...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

1. Do the above.
    2. Find something even better to accomplish.

I completely know what you are talking about. Sometimes I feel I have wasted time, and failed. But that limits you and your ability to succeed.

Rationalize, proceed with life.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

decide that I really didn't want it that much anyways, and even if I did, I didn't fail because I'm too awesome for that

either that or I pout for a few seconds and then forget about it... there's a good side to having a really short attention span!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Fuck failure, the only focus is succeeding to me.

It took me 3 weeks before I turned my fear and failures of swimming into a hobby I truly enjoy.

I just imagine how the success will look like in my mind beforehand despite hell and failures in front of me.

MBTI
    INTP

Get annoyed with myself for not working hard enough (or not working at all...), vow not to procrastinate ever again, and forget about it. Wash, rinse and repeat for the rest of my life
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I find some way to convince myself/others that the failure wasn't really a failure, but just one more step along the path to success. Ya know, the same way we ENTPs find ways to retrospectively justify everything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Get annoyed with myself for not working hard enough (or not working at all...), vow not to procrastinate ever again, and forget about it. Wash, rinse and repeat for the rest of my life
    Now there's a difference between the INTP and the ENTP. For me it's typically a combination of these two things.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Depends on the type of failure.

Most cases I'll just either fix the problem, thus removing the failure aspect, or I'll compensate by making sure I learn that lesson, never do it again, and apply it to everything else I do from then on.

There are times though... that a personal failure can dig deep and lead to nasty bouts of depression. It's usually rare, only once or twice a year tops really... but when it hits, it hits hard. The worst ones are the ones that either yeu COULD have avoided failing at but didn't, and yeu're stuck with permanent repercussions yeu can never escape now because of it... or the ones where yeu flat out couldn't've stopped, and even in the future, yeu still can't stop it from happening again, leaving a mark of helplessness.

These two smack me down hard, and I've never truly found a way to defeat them or cope, short of just waiting it out, which usually takes a long, long time, sometimes several months.

Unexpected failures are the easiest to deal with because they're not your fault.Learn whatever there is to be learnt from it, get up, dust yourself off and move on.

As the above poster said, it's personal failures (ones that you should have seen coming) that can hit hard sometimes.

And the only real requirements to success, as far as I know, are to always keep learning and to never give up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I find that I have had an unexpected failure, then I am first intrigued. Usually I would consider the possibility of one of my ideas/plans failing, and as such, and unexpected one would be completely rare.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9