• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs (and the others too), how do you deal with (unexpected) failures?

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
When I fail, I want it more. I starve for success. Everything else ceases to matter until I win/succeed. I can't deal with it, to put it plainly. I will run against that wall over and over again in as many different ways until I find a way to run over it/through it/under it.

When it comes to failures with people, yes my heart is broken for a bit. Upon further analysis though, I decide that losing this person frees me somehow. I have one less tether holding me in one place, allowing me to explore elsewhere.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
I ask myself 'why?', why did I fail?. It usually always comes down to bad planning, poor judgment or not planning in sufficient detail or not taking enough information into consideration before making the plunge...not erring towards the cautious choice. That and being more pragmatic with future plans. I know all about chasing the wind.

At times when I fail, it makes me want to try harder and persist but there is a thin line between persistence and stupidity, sometimes you have to know when to stop beating a dead horse though your pride will not have it.

Last edited:

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just realized that I feel totally pissed and it makes me try like 3 times harder to find new ways possibilities how to succeed, but at the same time I'm wondering if I meet all the requirements to guarantee success. This wondering which a bit makes me believe that maybe I am not that great at all, drives me kinda crazy. Though I believe it's good to land from the sky to ground once in a while, I still hate to fail, especially when I've wasted so much of my time just to succeed .. :huh: What about you?

I've failed enough it's become second nature. Practice, Practice, Practice.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I fail, I want it more. I starve for success. Everything else ceases to matter until I win/succeed. I can't deal with it, to put it plainly. I will run against that wall over and over again in as many different ways until I find a way to run over it/through it/under it.

When it comes to failures with people, yes my heart is broken for a bit. Upon further analysis though, I decide that losing this person frees me somehow. I have one less tether holding me in one place, allowing me to explore elsewhere.

Yes, only failure and pain motivate me...........then I set about reinventing myself.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I generally can let myself fail, until one condition gets invalidated: that someone says I couldn't do it in the first place.

Then I get ultra driven and do whatever it takes.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
When I fail, I kinda just move on most of the time. But I'm not ENTP, I just wanted to be included.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
necromancy!!!

meh, when I fail, I keep it quiet and secret from others if I can. And most importantly, I move on and take it into stride :yes:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I find some way to convince myself/others that the failure wasn't really a failure, but just one more step along the path to success. Ya know, the same way we ENTPs find ways to retrospectively justify everything...

Exactly.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
Find out the cause of the failure and remember it, but i don't aways fix it necassarily fix it lol ^u^; such as procrastination or too much pride to request help on something. I remember why, but sometimes i don't care. Very similar to what my friend once said:

"Old enough to know its wrong, young enough to not care" or something like that :p

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I get depressed if my failures directly affects my private life. If I consider it a game then I don't care.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Take your sereness somewhere else. You're no ENxP. Honestly, though, there is no failures - for ENTP or other. In the end, you'll realize that it was just more research to develop who you are.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I beat myself up. Life is too short to make mistakes people have been making for thousands of years.

Failure is too commonplace.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I just realized that I feel totally pissed and it makes me try like 3 times harder to find new ways possibilities how to succeed, but at the same time I'm wondering if I meet all the requirements to guarantee success. This wondering which a bit makes me believe that maybe I am not that great at all, drives me kinda crazy. Though I believe it's good to land from the sky to ground once in a while, I still hate to fail, especially when I've wasted so much of my time just to succeed .. :huh: What about you?

The answer is love your failure.
If you are an overpersistant person, you will soon burnt out.