User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

When I fail, I want it more. I starve for success. Everything else ceases to matter until I win/succeed. I can't deal with it, to put it plainly. I will run against that wall over and over again in as many different ways until I find a way to run over it/through it/under it.

When it comes to failures with people, yes my heart is broken for a bit. Upon further analysis though, I decide that losing this person frees me somehow. I have one less tether holding me in one place, allowing me to explore elsewhere.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

I ask myself 'why?', why did I fail?. It usually always comes down to bad planning, poor judgment or not planning in sufficient detail or not taking enough information into consideration before making the plunge...not erring towards the cautious choice. That and being more pragmatic with future plans. I know all about chasing the wind.

At times when I fail, it makes me want to try harder and persist but there is a thin line between persistence and stupidity, sometimes you have to know when to stop beating a dead horse though your pride will not have it.
    Last edited by ObliviousExistence; 01-31-2010 at 12:20 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    I just realized that I feel totally pissed and it makes me try like 3 times harder to find new ways possibilities how to succeed, but at the same time I'm wondering if I meet all the requirements to guarantee success. This wondering which a bit makes me believe that maybe I am not that great at all, drives me kinda crazy. Though I believe it's good to land from the sky to ground once in a while, I still hate to fail, especially when I've wasted so much of my time just to succeed .. What about you?
    I've failed enough it's become second nature. Practice, Practice, Practice.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    When I fail, I want it more. I starve for success. Everything else ceases to matter until I win/succeed. I can't deal with it, to put it plainly. I will run against that wall over and over again in as many different ways until I find a way to run over it/through it/under it.

When it comes to failures with people, yes my heart is broken for a bit. Upon further analysis though, I decide that losing this person frees me somehow. I have one less tether holding me in one place, allowing me to explore elsewhere.
    Yes, only failure and pain motivate me...........then I set about reinventing myself.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENXP

I generally can let myself fail, until one condition gets invalidated: that someone says I couldn't do it in the first place.

Then I get ultra driven and do whatever it takes.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

When I fail, I kinda just move on most of the time. But I'm not ENTP, I just wanted to be included.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

necromancy!!!

meh, when I fail, I keep it quiet and secret from others if I can. And most importantly, I move on and take it into stride
    5 3 9

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I find some way to convince myself/others that the failure wasn't really a failure, but just one more step along the path to success. Ya know, the same way we ENTPs find ways to retrospectively justify everything...
    Exactly.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

Find out the cause of the failure and remember it, but i don't aways fix it necassarily fix it lol ^u^; such as procrastination or too much pride to request help on something. I remember why, but sometimes i don't care. Very similar to what my friend once said:

"Old enough to know its wrong, young enough to not care" or something like that :P

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I get depressed if my failures directly affects my private life. If I consider it a game then I don't care.