User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default More Keirsey Strageness...

So I had a freaky revelation just a few seconds ago; one of your NT kin brought it to my attention that my INTJ friend acts exactly like my ENFP friend...they have similar behaviors and mannerisms. Scary.

But I wanted a reality check. Are there any INTPs in here that have met and fallen for an ENFJ? Does that even make sense in your world? What mannerisms do our two types have in common?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    xxxx

I think I may have fallen for every one-preference variation of ENFJs at one time or another. Never fell for an ENFJ, though.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    eNTP

I was head over heels for an ENFJ for a while... we had nothing in common though.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

Banned

The near-opposites e.g INTJ and ENFP have more in common than you might think. Okay, the dominant function is flipped from intro to extro (Ni -> Ne), but the aspirational function is the same (Se) and the support and relief functions are shared (Fi + Te).

MBTI
    ENFP

I agree that a lot of similarity hides in the apparent opposition of ENFP-INTJ.

Just want to add that ENFP has Si, not Se, as aspirational - that's why we like to kinda dress up but don't really like to follow anybody's code about fashion...

MBTI
    INFJ

Ihave friends, married 16 or so years,INTP & ENFJ. Their strengths as a couple are that they love to travel and share new experiences and they're into a ton of different organizations, extremely active in every one of them and well-connected in the community, not just in a superficial way, but people geniunely like them. They're also avid college basketball fans-- their oldest child is named after the stadium their team plays in!