User Tag List

123 Last

Default Ti competition vs Te combative?

For me, an ENFP, I avoid competition except against myself. As soon I see a game arising I drop all interest and let the other person win. I want to post this in two places to get the thinker and feeler perspective.

If I may quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    I think Ti plays competitive games but Te wages horrific battles. To really hurt someone I would have to revert to using 100% Te. I would destroy them, their friends, myself, and the universe as we know it. To do this I would first have to sever all Fi binds to them, so I did not feel their reflected pain.

This is why enfps make the best terrorists. It is why I endlessly forgive and try to love others no matter what. My internal dragon is not a beautiful thing so I quell it as soon as it peeks out. We enfps do this very naturally as Fi can see the horrific consequences of letting Te run free. As an enfp we are programmed to understand how to destroy others emotionally but at the cost of our own destruction.
    It seems to me that Ti users may be best described as competitive while Te users are better described as combative?

I know EXTPs and ISTPs are very, very competitive.

What is the goal? How do you know that you have won?

What about INTPs?

How competitive do Te users feel? What is the end goal?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think Ti plays competitive games but Te wages horrific battles. To really hurt someone I would have to revert to using 100% Te. I would destroy them, their friends, myself, and the universe as we know it. To do this I would first have to sever all Fi binds to them, so I did not feel their reflected pain.
    I think it takes a lot of Fi to even think about starting a combatitive battle in which you destroy all mankind.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I can sort of see what you mean. I think competitiveness in Ti must be influenced by Fe and it's preoccupation with the opinions of others.

I certainly wouldn't describe myself as competitive. When someone gets in my way I'm not interested in beating them so much as simply removing an obstacle. I'd disagree with your quote. Te freed from Fi would never "destroy the universe" because it doesn't achieve anything. Severed from Fi, the actions of Te are impersonal. It wouldn't destroy anything that didn't need to be. It's only when Fi steps in that Te gains the potential for such devistation. There would need to be an inner core of hatred and rage supplied by a sick, under developed Fi.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

it depends who im with, if im with someone whos competive or combative, i will be that too, more than the other guy. if others arent that im not much either, but can be little. for me its more that if i see someone whos competive or combative i get the feeling that he thinks that hes better than others and i get really huge urge to bring him down to reality by smashing him in what ever game he thinks hes good at.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned

Te is non-judgemental its passive. I think you are confusing it with the mighty Fi.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Te is non-judgemental its passive. I think you are confusing it with the mighty Fi.
    That's what I thought. Te is just the vessel, with Pi laying the tracks down. From another forum I go one, it's the EFPs who seem to criticize peoples posts, or the occasional ITJ whose Fi short-circuits and starts going on a flame spree. It isn't a Type-related forum, but the people in mind have their type in their signatures.

For me, I'm incredibly competitive in my areas of interest. Word games bring out the beast in me. I used to go to the hockey club at my uni (up until the point they started hassling me for buying their gear, pfft) and my favourite part of the game was chasing the opponent down and teasing the ball from them. The clacking of sticks. My mind is just dirty, or I'm picking up innuendos. In kickboxing, I was driven by pride and adrenaline to win. I'm not competitive by nature, but put me under pressure in my area of interest, and I am. Losing means failure, and I can't stand failure. I'd rather not try than stand the thought of failing.

Edit: Oh snap, I didn't notice the thread was moved.
    Last edited by Grungemouse; 01-18-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Stupidity
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTJ

ENTPs are very often combative with me.

I feel very competitive with all males I don't feel cooperative with.

Oh well.
    wails from the crypt.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, I think you are confusing Te with Fi

:/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

For me, an ENFP, I avoid competition except against myself. As soon I see a game arising I drop all interest and let the other person win. I want to post this in two places to get the thinker and feeler perspective.

If I may quote myself:

It seems to me that Ti users may be best described as competitive while Te users are better described as combative?

What about INTPs?

I have a very strong competitive streak when it comes to abilities/skills that I have even a slight interest in. To me, competition is a means of evolving and improving my abilities, in Darwinian fashion I suppose. Plus nowadays I find myself begging for any challenge that I can possibly get. I always wish to reach new plateaus, and competition helps me get there, especially when I'm competing with someone better than me. I can absorb their knowledge/skill by competing with them and surpass them, and THAT is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

I also have a very strong will when i set my mind on some goals, and I believe it's an Fi thing. If it comes down to me needing to become stronger/smarter to achieve some real task of REAL importance to me, I will walk through hell and back and not stop until I'm knocking on death's door to accomplish that goal. To me it honestly becomes "victory, or death". I go to that extreme because sometimes that's the only way I can work up the gumption to accomplish some very difficult things in life, with an abrasive willpower as hard as diamond :P .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What about INTPs?

Personally, I see what you are saying here. I grew up under an ESTJ guardian and I would absolutely agree that Te can be combative - always pushing, always pointing out flaws, critical, wanting to be in charge, riding people too hard, etc.

And my Ti is very competitive. I've gotten much better over the years, but because of this upbringing (always being pushed around verbally, etc.), the competitive side of my Ti was always turned on.

I have had a lot of interaction with other ESTJ's in life and I find the same to be true with them. For me, when I'm being "mature", for lack of a better word, I've learned to just let the insignificant battles go. There's other things I need to focus my attention/limited energy on. But, in the past and also when I've had more than I can take, that competitive switch will go on and stand up to Te and it's attempt to push, push, push. There reaches a point where I'm not going to allow the Te user to push anymore. And when it reaches that point, I won't be subtle. I'll throw up a brick wall and let them run into it.

If Te is somewhat flexible and willing to work with me, then I can take some pushing. But, if it continues to try and impose it's will (and starts to get into that grey area of being disrespectful/challenging), then Ti will turn it into a war right there on the spot. This has rarely happened, but I've had instances where an ESTJ boss was doing this and I just put everything I was doing aside, looked him/her straight in the eye, and began to "dress them down" or expose them (while still trying to be respectful) for all that they are right there in front of anyone willing to listen. Ti, for me, tolerates a lot, but it reaches a point where it will go to verbal war. And it will resort to everything in it's arsenal. These are some of the few moments in my life where I've seen an ESTJ actually back down and chill out real quick (and unfortunately, this same thing, when it happens, often brings F's to tears).