User Tag List

12311 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default TypeC INTPs versus INTPc INTPs

Do you think anything tends to separate the kind of INTP who prefers TypeC over INTPc, and vice versa? Is the TypeC INTP more likely to be social? Less likely to be a self-preservation Enneagram type? Less misanthropic? Maturity? Any trends you might see?

I was on INTPc for a while, and it was enjoyable, but I never really poked around here. But now I definitely favor this site over INTPc.

I'd be interested in hearing what INTPs and non-INTPs have to say on this.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

A TypologyCentral INTP might appreciate adversity and bantering to a higher degree.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Seems like any other internet forum to me. Which probably points to mysanthropy more than anything.

However, the idea that we are some how superior because we supposedly have a wider range of types is just being silly.
    Hello

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the ones here are less pointy than the ones over there come across as usually- more relaxed about posting here and more likely to be happy to interact (if that's what you call what intps do! ) with other types

the intps here don't gang up on other types and usually leave the bragging about how they're so much smarter than anyone else to the INTJs

that's just the impression I get... I've lurked over there a bit, and occasionally wander over to poke at a certain member there who doesn't come here often enough, but that's about it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

INTPc certainly has its charm. There's much greater range of academic discussion points available at any given time than there is on TypoC - that's for sure.

That said, the site is steeped in meta-analysis (probably to be expected when emphasis is square on a single type) which can become tiresome. Of particular note is the tendency to self-congratulate when it comes to matters of "intellect" as an INTP. This is likely just defensive posturing as a response to social alienation experienced offline.

Oh, and INTPs tend to cluster their identity when in groups. It's kind of a weird social phenomenon.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Seems like any other internet forum to me. Which probably points to mysanthropy more than anything.

However, the idea that we are some how superior because we supposedly have a wider range of types is just being silly.
    Indeed. I'm actually in a long process of observing/studying/contemplating adversity vs. conformity/homogeneity/etc.
    Pros and cons, mostly. Adversity wins, so far, but it is much more volatile.
    But it makes the engine run, so to speak.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    INTPc certainly has its charm. There's much greater range of academic discussion points available at any given time than there is on TypoC - that's for sure.

That said, the site is steeped in meta-analysis (probably to be expected when emphasis is square on a single type) which can become tiresome. Of particular note is the tendency to self-congratulate when it comes to matters of "intellect" as an INTP. This is likely just defensive posturing as a response to matters of social alienation experienced offline.
    Basically this. I also use it for good entertainment recommendations. Books, movies, activities, etc.

This place just has a quicker pace, and is more about typology than the other place, which is what I was attracted to in the first place.

Oh, and INTPs tend to cluster their identity when in groups. It's kind of a weird social phenomenon.
    This is something I found very bizarre and quite humorous. It's like the thought process is: "Wow! I finally found a similar classification of people into which I can pigeonhole myself; just like the rest of those stupid, boring people I hate!" And for some reason this is exciting.

Not really something I ever found myself relating to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You noticed this too, huh? ESFJ shadow alert!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This place is faster, coddles more and is more tolerant of things that irk INTPs. It's more ESFP-ish.

INTPc has more assholes and is more rough and tumble on everyone. It's not as hospitable to certain types of posting, and this makes it refreshing to some INTPs.

Why does it have more assholes? Because INTP-type assholes are not welcome here, but well tolerated there. And because the main assholes have been there long enough that they have lots of influence, madmin or not.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    This place is faster, coddles more and is more tolerant of things that irk INTPs. It's more ESFP-ish.
    Anything is more ESFP-ish than an INTx.
    If the site was truly "ESFP-ish," I doubt I'd be here at all.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft