User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I've been a member at INTPc since 2006 and rarely have I seen what you've just described. I don't think that this phenomenon is at all new, though I admit that it may have been intensified recently.
    I joined in June 2004 and was mostly absent from 2006 - 2008. So I guess my perspective is from 2004-2005 compared to 2009.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    This has probably been addressed, but INTPs who frequent this forum, as opposed to INTPc, tend to be more socially well-balanced, and a teensy-weensy bit less bitter.

But, what do I know, I really am far from fluent in INTP-speak.

Call me creepy but I enjoyed getting insulted by that avatar.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Fluff (easier to discern Fluff) and empty-handed sexuality threads hold far greater lease 'round these parts. Sometimes I go for days without reading a single thread.
    I see the problem. The solution is simple. Put it in your hand when you read those threads.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Most of the INTPs here are a lot cooler.

Just being on this forum instead of INTP central shows that one is interested in developing non-Ti functions and interacting with non-INTP people.

That's a lot more than I can say for Ti central.
    And if it's Ti choosing to focus on people?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the ones here are less pointy than the ones over there come across as usually- more relaxed about posting here and more likely to be happy to interact (if that's what you call what intps do! ) with other types

the intps here don't gang up on other types and usually leave the bragging about how they're so much smarter than anyone else to the INTJs

that's just the impression I get... I've lurked over there a bit, and occasionally wander over to poke at a certain member there who doesn't come here often enough, but that's about it!
    Agreed.

I poked around INTPc for a bit and found a lot of them (not all) to be very pretentious and caught up their own self-important arses . There's a lot of ganging up too, but what do you expect from a site called INTP Central?

I find it baffling how there's a pecking order in INTPc - isn't this a notion we're supposed to reject?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Probably the last time as well. The fact that one of them is called "wubbie" is enough to make my penis want to shrivel up and actually invert within my body.
    Damn, we're gonna have to package and market THAT baby and sell it, demand would be high!

I love being surprised by this forum (most notably here, SW's unexpected post).

I did pick up on a derogatory tone at INTPc regarding this place (i.e. "nothing to see here, go back to TypeC").
    What a coincidence.

You picked it up, though, because it exists. *shrug* It's rather amusing.

Is it 'cuz they couldn't cut it there and ran here with their tail between their legs? Or because they have normal emotions and feelings here (as opposed to the cold logic sprinkled with dry wit contrasting with outbursts of emotional tantrums)?
    Yes, they prefer their poison to come in a different package.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    isn't this a notion we're supposed to reject?
    read this again...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I find INTPc taging system (eh we have one too; see at the bottom of the page where it says tags followed by the word: none.) helpfull.
    Over there the tags are almost instantaneous. Lot of the time the tags are essentially indirect talking shit of whoever has authority to post them, but many are helpful.

That being said their tags tends to be less than even handed on how a thread is targeted. I had a thread that brought up some interesting posts regarding elements of the human condition. It got semi trolled on by Miserable and the only tags I got were "miserable checks in, miserable sucks dong, then miserable checks out".

My thread [ note I'm still a seminoob there] however is the exception to the rule and their the tags tend to work well to find a similar subject or extrapolation.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I find INTPc taging system (eh we have one too; see at the bottom of the page where it says tags followed by the word: none.) helpfull.
    Over there the tags are almost instantaneous. Lot of the time the tags are essentially indirect talking shit of whoever has authority to post them, but many are helpful.

That being said their tags tends to be less than even handed on how a thread is targeted. I had a thread that brought up some interesting posts regarding elements of the human condition. It got semi trolled on by Miserable and the only tags I got were "miserable checks in, miserable sucks dong, then miserable checks out".

My thread [ note I'm still a seminoob there] however is the exception to the rule and their the tags tend to work well to find a similar subject or extrapolation.
    You bring up a good point: I do love the tags. Often though, the tags were more fun than the threads.

MBTI
    RAD

I did pick up on a derogatory tone at INTPc regarding this place (i.e. "nothing to see here, go back to TypeC").
    I detect one here as well.

Is it any wonder that people treated so unkindly by plenty of INTPs at that site stay here and talk shit about INTPs there, in dumb broad strokes?
    Of course they'll describe them as all manner of uncool and evil. Think about the origin of this site. It's human nature. Rejection stings.