From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default NTs and their Perception of the Golden Rule

NTs, what's your view of the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as others unto you,"? Does your auxiliary Te/Ti function approach the Golden Rule based on factual information as opposed to humanitarian information? I'm quite curious to see how you NTs approach ethical questions/problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

i dont like it as a rule for its more complicated than that, it all depends on the deed done, the situation it was done in, the people involved and the relationship between the people (etc. I who "it" has been done to and the one I would retaliate on).

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    NTs, what's your view of the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as others unto you,"? Does your auxiliary Te/Ti function approach the Golden Rule based on factual information as opposed to humanitarian information? I'm quite curious to see how you NTs approach ethical questions/problems.
    How much WoW credit does trading in the golden rule give you? That's an important consideration.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    It is one of the "foundational" things in my life, that I try to consciously work out each and every day. That's not to say that I do it perfectly (there are always new things that I'm seeing in myself where I don't treat people the way I'd like to be treated), but it is indeed very important to me. I believe that if everyone did this, there would be much less need for government, managers, law enforcement, courts, etc. Simply put, the world would be a happier place.

Add: I would think it would be very widely accepted amongst NT's, since it also holds true logically that it would make the world a better place to live. If all of your neighbors really did to you what they would want done unto themselves, think about how good you would have it. You'd have dinners being brought to you. If the newspaper guy threw your paper on the curb instead of by your door, an early-morning walker would pick it up and throw up on your porch. If your car broke down on the side of the freeway, someone who knew a lot about cars would stop and help you. If you were tight on money and people knew it someone would say "let me pay your light bill this month", etc, etc, etc, ad finitum. It makes sense then, for us to want to do the same for others - even if we know they wouldn't do it for us.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

It really depends.

Do you have concrete situations, which you can ask us about?
    ** Upgrading my english **
    Corrections for my language are willingly seen

Enneagram: 7w6

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well, just looking at the phrasing and words would seem to indicate that the command is suggesting that we are supposed to do for others what we'd hope they'd do for us... which I used to interpret when younger that the bible thought I should do to others what I'd like to have done with me... whether they wanted me to or not!

now I realize that's not apparently what it's supposed to mean, which makes it a lot less fun
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

never heard about that kind of rule, imo that rule of yours sounds pretty damn stupid, must be some american thing. where i live we say: dont do enything to others that you wouldnt want to be done to you.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ 'tis the bible that he's quoting, my dear person
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ^ 'tis the bible that he's quoting, my dear person
    oh lol
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    never heard about that kind of rule, imo that rule of yours sounds pretty damn stupid, must be some american thing. where i live we say: dont do enything to others that you wouldnt want to be done to you.
    The rule is actually "do unto others as you would want done unto you".

The bolded part was not included in the original post.