• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What's your favourite fictional character of ALL-TIME?

Windigo

Just got around to reading back through everyone else's and noticed this one... the funny part about Ripley's character... was the actress didn't actually like her.

Weaver is a pacifist and didn't actually want to KILL any of the aliens, strangely enough, despite coming out as a very strong female character while still maintaining feminine traits such as maternal instinct and such.

Also, Sigourney Weaver's favorite scene in Aliens was edited out... being where she's given a picture of her granddaughter and told she's died a few months earlier at 80 years old, meaning she literally has no ties left to anything she left behind anymore. This got edited from all but the longest of versions, as it was only relevant to the characters' personal story, and motivations, and not important enough to change the impact of the movie as a whole.

Kind of a shame really.

In any case, still always found that odd, even though the character and actress are both still <3

Still sticking to Naomi Armitage for mine though despite Ripley being pure win.

To quote the above:

"Just got around to reading back through everyone else's and noticed this one..."

I think that is why Ripley fascinates me so much. I have found myself often in the same position. Leading a bunch of desperate people only to go back and wonder if I should have let circumstances play out naturally? I find her strength and vulnerability intriguing.

Thank you for your thoughtful responses on this. :)

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Det. Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop (1984):

untitled.JPG

Lark

The shortlist is:

Frank Castle, The Punisher

Jean Valjean (spelling) principle character from Les Mis

Abhnar Marsh (spelling) principle human character from Fevre Dream

The necromancer in The Lower Deep

I cant recall his name but the tire regroover in Our Friends on Frolix Eight

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know the OP asked for one. I'll give you one at the top, but you're getting a damn list. I, uh, may have gone a little overboard and named 30.

Just one? Dick Diver from Tender is the Night. Why?
I have a special fondness for any drunk antihero that is not totally dumb (I.e. not Homer Simpson!). They often have a complexity virtuous guys often lack.
Same here. He's intelligent, charming, and moral -- but compromised. Admirable but not wise to emulate. The perfect fictional character: fun to live through vicariously, so you don't have to repeat his mistakes in real life.

Others, in no particular order

(I stole a couple from previous posters, including one person's av. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?)

Jay Gatsby

Hedda Gabler

Lord Henry (The Picture of Dorian Gray)

Grigory Aleksandrovich Pechorin (A Hero of Our Time)

Dmitri Dmitrich Gurov (The Lady with the Dog)

Anna Sergeyevna Von Diederitz (The Lady with the Dog)

Justine Car (A Dreambook for Our Time)

Scout Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quentin Compson (The Sound and the Fury)

Andre St. Jean (The Book of the Damned)

Paul (Paul's Case)

Stebbins (The Long Walk)

Hector (The Iliad)

Aragorn son of Arathorn (Tolkien's character, not Jackson's)

Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
2_Pride_051019100642358_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

Ellie Arroway (Contact)
46657505.jpg

Carolinus (The Flight of Dragons)
Flight_of_Dragons_03-1.jpg

Captain Ahab
1581201566_51a14fd0db.jpg

Frankenstein's monster
frankenstein.jpg

Grady Tripp (Wonder Boys)
wonderboys-797541.jpg

John Keating (Dead Poets Society)
dead-poets-society-1.jpg

Mizuno Ami (Sailor Moon)
mercury2.jpg

Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)
boondocksHuey500.jpg

Dan Rydell (Sports Night)
large_sports-night-apology.jpg

Inigo Montoya
inigo1.jpg

Ty Webb
tye1.jpg

The Dude
dude.jpg

Luna Lovegood
luna-lovegood.jpg

Doc Holliday (Tombstone)
ValasDocHoliday.jpg

I know Doc Holliday was a real person, but that movie is very loosely based on real people and events. The character is fictional.

Last edited:

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Charlie Eppes (numb3rs...though I don't watch fiction shows anymore).

Other than that, Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny) because she's a pink princess, but if you make her angry, well, you wind up very dead one way or another.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
My real lfe favorite celeb is awesomer than any character. Misha Collins:happy0065:

But in fiction? Oliver Queen:yes::yes:

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
To quote the above:

"Just got around to reading back through everyone else's and noticed this one..."

I think that is why Ripley fascinates me so much. I have found myself often in the same position. Leading a bunch of desperate people only to go back and wonder if I should have let circumstances play out naturally? I find her strength and vulnerability intriguing.

Thank you for your thoughtful responses on this. :)

Welcome, of course.

There's just not enough good female characters in general. Sure there's alot of female characters, but most are very one dimensional and boring, with no depth at all.

Either they are ridiculously masculine, or so feminine it's like watching baby unicorns barfing rainbows.

I suppose the same's true of men though, if not quite as bad, however. Guys have a bit more range on screen; yeu can have several different unique guys with seperate personalities. If yeu have a girl she's "The token girl" in most cases.

I dunno, maybe I just hate hollywood in general with it's cliche addiction to virtually everything.

Hollywood was pissed and almost cut funding on ALIEN when they found out the female lead was the one who lived at the end, since the world "wasn't ready for that yet" >.>

Think they underestimate their audiences sometimes. Like... always.

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
And I mean, of ALL-TIME.
You can't pick more than one. No cheating!

This character has to be the encompassing of everything that you deem to be TOTALLY WICKEDLY AWESOME. It has to be the fictional character that turns you into an unconditional fanboy / girl, no questions asked.

Please state your reason for thinking your fictional character of choice is THE NUCLEAR BOMB OF FANTASTIC

Don't be swayed by the choice of another poster; there are gazillions of fictional characters to pick from, so it has to be your own unique choice of orgasmic make-belief. Please include a photo if possible!

EDIT: EDWARD CULLEN (Twilight) IS NOT PERMITTED!!!!!! I will Internet smack you so hard for that, your face will become your asshole's anatomical twin.

Severus Snape is my favorite character of all times. I favor him because I admire his superior intelligence, innovation, courage and blunt honesty. I admire him because of the many sacrifices he did in the name of love and for the light's victory, with no regards to other's opinions, no regards to his life,etc. He may be unpleasant but at least he's authentic. He may be only a fictional character but he's my new idol...:blush:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reinhard von Lohengramm, emperor of the Galactic Empire, first ruler of the Lohengramm dynasty, born March 14th 467RC.

kaiser400.jpg

:drool:

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Daniel Plainview, for drinking your milkshake.

Ahab in literature, for being the ultimate badass. "When that wicked king was slain, the dogs, did they not lick his blood?"

The Dude gets honorable mention, for being the most interesting to hang with, if he existed in real life.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Annie Sawyer from Being Human. Most loveable character ever :)

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
hmm... *racks memory*

Maybe Lyra Belacqua? (His Dark Materials) Or maybe her parents.

Or Molly (Neuromancer).

I don't know!