User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nymma View Post
    Severus Snape is my favorite character of all times. I favor him because I admire his superior intelligence, innovation, courage and blunt honesty. I admire him because of the many sacrifices he did in the name of love and for the light's victory, with no regards to other's opinions, no regards to his life,etc. He may be unpleasant but at least he's authentic. He may be only a fictional character but he's my new idol...
    I was wondering if anyone would list Snape. He is probably my favorite character as well, though for somewhat different reasons. I am continually amazed how much this character from "just" a children's fantasy series stands out, even relative to characters in the classic or "great" literature I have read.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would list Snape. He is probably my favorite character as well, though for somewhat different reasons. I am continually amazed how much this character from "just" a children's fantasy series stands out, even relative to characters in the classic or "great" literature I have read.
    He is one of most complex characters to arise from modern literature. I remember reading he was almost Shakespearean in nature in a review some where. I mean, you have to be dead inside, not to be moved by his motives in the end (or least appreciate them). Just thinking about it makes me want to read the harry potter series again.

I have to add another character. Jon Shannow from one of David Gemmel's book series.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    He is one of most complex characters to arise from modern literature. I remember reading he was almost Shakespearean in nature in a review some where. I mean, you have to be dead inside, not to be moved by his motives in the end (or least appreciate them). Just thinking about it makes me want to read the harry potter series again.
    See, I don't appreciate his motives at all. I would rather have him posses an inner sense of honour and justice, over this semblance of love JKR tried to project for him. Love is a great motivator, but in the end, he never really loved Lily, and was rather selfish in his reasoning. I very much disliked the explanation in the 7th book.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Gandalf the White.

But I'm a gigantic Lord of the Rings nerd.
    Just LOTR or everything about Middle earth? Because if we're counting everything, it's a toss up between Beren and Turin for me.

Oh, and I remembered another one of my favourites. Tyrion Lannister of Martin's Song of Ice and Fire.
    Last edited by Reflection; 06-19-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: my memory is failing me
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well, I've always wanted to read the rest of Tolkien's Middle Earth lore, but I've not had the chance as of yet. So I've made up for it by reading the trilogy hundreds of times.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I love Tolkien's world so much, I'm even learning Quenya. Such a geek.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Gandalf the White.
    fucking racist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    IsTP

Drizzt Do'Urden ISTP god
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Banned

Benjamin Linus.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    Just LOTR or everything about Middle earth? Because if we're counting everything, it's a toss up between Beren and Turin for me.
    The character of Túrin was too much sound and fury and not enough thinking for my tastes. Narn i Chîn Húrin was still excellent, though.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    See, I don't appreciate his motives at all. I would rather have him posses an inner sense of honour and justice, over this semblance of love JKR tried to project for him. Love is a great motivator, but in the end, he never really loved Lily, and was rather selfish in his reasoning. I very much disliked the explanation in the 7th book.
    I actually have to read the last book again to remind myself. I just remember being very touched.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]