User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Default ENTPs How do you keep yourself entertained?

I noticed how bored I am so often!

Even though I'm in the middle of an audition for a musical (footloose) and going on a really fun course tomorrow and fire walking a week tomorrow i'm still bored!

How do you guys entertain each other?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    SEXY

I can't. I just can't feed my hunger for adventure by sitting at home. I used to be more introverted and able to enjoy playing computer games. But nowadays I just find that stuff boring and unoriginal. If it gets really bad and all my friends are not available I just go for a walk around town, it doesn't really help but it kills time and there's a small chance of something interesting happening.
    (removed)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I tend to read several books at a time, love to try out new recipes, compulsively shop for grocieries wander onto this site, read endless articles on obscure topics on wikipedia, straighten up the house and play with the dog...

... and still get bored
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

I attack.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I tend to read several books at a time, love to try out new recipes, compulsively shop for grocieries wander onto this site, read endless articles on obscure topics on wikipedia, straighten up the house and play with the dog...

... and still get bored
    It's about the same for me (aside from the grocery part).

The only moments where I do not feel bored are brief flashes of illumination. It can happen when I'm [CENSORED], when I design a new project and wonder how we could improve it, or when I suddenly understand a new concept, and see how it could lead to several new experimentations.

It can also happen when I look up at the sky, when I hear brilliant music or when I'm front of a Paul Klee's painting.

---

Mmmmh... I think experiments and curiosity seem to be the solution.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP

I read a LOT, I have net on my phone which I can google etc from. I am usualyl interested in/studying a few bit sand peices, I try and find thigns that really engage you.

Bordom can be a problem and create listlessness if you are not careful. A really goodone is o do something physical... go for a run/do a work out tape etc... By working physically it will help burn some of the enrgies.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I read a LOT, I have net on my phone which I can google etc from. I am usualyl interested in/studying a few bit sand peices, I try and find thigns that really engage you.

Bordom can be a problem and create listlessness if you are not careful. A really goodone is o do something physical... go for a run/do a work out tape etc... By working physically it will help burn some of the enrgies.
    I do a LOT of sports when I'm bored. I go to the gym, the swimming pool, in summer, the beach, cycling, running etc.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

organize an impromptu meeting with friends (first choice)
    go out alone and meet new friends (3rd choice)
    exercise (second choice)
    plan a party
    plan a vacation
    read (i'd have to be REALLY bored to do this and all other possibilities dried up)
    find a new recipe and try making it
    play with my cat
    clean
    catch upon all the stuff from DVR i haven't watched

but to be honest i usually have so much stuff going on that i don't really get bored. in fact i find i have the opposite problem where i have over booked myself and i realize that i've agreed to be in multiple locations at the same time

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

Cool ideas. I also feel bored. Sometimes the whole day. And its like a demon, it can slow me down and if I am bored about my jobs, it can happen, that I procrastinate them until it's nearly too late.

If I am honest, the only thing, which worked in a solid way, was playing computer. It's annoying, really, because after that there's the feeling of having nothing done or reached. And, really, it doesn't make fun enough, but it's something, where the hypnotic waves of the PC-screen can get the boredom sleep. So this can take up to 5 hours per day, and it's really not satisfying.

A free weekend is horror. So, when I am bored, I try to plan some cool events with my friends, and sometimes it works to read a book, but there are really few books, which can keep me more than half an hour reading. Learning something new can be interesting, but after some hours an inner voices screams about changing this.

The only thing which kills boredom seems to be out with cool people doing crazy shit or compete each other in any thing, which comes to mind. Doing something physical seems not to help, it's just a time, which passes by faster than with sitting down and doing nothing.
    ** Upgrading my english **
    Corrections for my language are willingly seen

Enneagram: 7w6

MBTI
    ENTP

I just do whatever comes to mind.

all of them... at the same time... backwards...