• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs How do you keep yourself entertained?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I noticed how bored I am so often!

Even though I'm in the middle of an audition for a musical (footloose) and going on a really fun course tomorrow and fire walking a week tomorrow i'm still bored!

How do you guys entertain each other?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I can't. I just can't feed my hunger for adventure by sitting at home. I used to be more introverted and able to enjoy playing computer games. But nowadays I just find that stuff boring and unoriginal. If it gets really bad and all my friends are not available I just go for a walk around town, it doesn't really help but it kills time and there's a small chance of something interesting happening.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to read several books at a time, love to try out new recipes, compulsively shop for grocieries :doh: wander onto this site, read endless articles on obscure topics on wikipedia, straighten up the house and play with the dog...

... and still get bored :boohoo:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I tend to read several books at a time, love to try out new recipes, compulsively shop for grocieries :doh: wander onto this site, read endless articles on obscure topics on wikipedia, straighten up the house and play with the dog...

... and still get bored :boohoo:

It's about the same for me (aside from the grocery part).

The only moments where I do not feel bored are brief flashes of illumination. It can happen when I'm [CENSORED], when I design a new project and wonder how we could improve it, or when I suddenly understand a new concept, and see how it could lead to several new experimentations.

It can also happen when I look up at the sky, when I hear brilliant music or when I'm front of a Paul Klee's painting.

---

Mmmmh... I think experiments and curiosity seem to be the solution.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I read a LOT, I have net on my phone which I can google etc from. I am usualyl interested in/studying a few bit sand peices, I try and find thigns that really engage you.

Bordom can be a problem and create listlessness if you are not careful. A really goodone is o do something physical... go for a run/do a work out tape etc... By working physically it will help burn some of the enrgies.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I read a LOT, I have net on my phone which I can google etc from. I am usualyl interested in/studying a few bit sand peices, I try and find thigns that really engage you.

Bordom can be a problem and create listlessness if you are not careful. A really goodone is o do something physical... go for a run/do a work out tape etc... By working physically it will help burn some of the enrgies.

I do a LOT of sports when I'm bored. I go to the gym, the swimming pool, in summer, the beach, cycling, running etc.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
organize an impromptu meeting with friends (first choice)
go out alone and meet new friends (3rd choice)
exercise (second choice)
plan a party
plan a vacation
read (i'd have to be REALLY bored to do this and all other possibilities dried up)
find a new recipe and try making it
play with my cat
clean
catch upon all the stuff from DVR i haven't watched

but to be honest i usually have so much stuff going on that i don't really get bored. in fact i find i have the opposite problem where i have over booked myself and i realize that i've agreed to be in multiple locations at the same time :doh:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Cool ideas. I also feel bored. Sometimes the whole day. And its like a demon, it can slow me down and if I am bored about my jobs, it can happen, that I procrastinate them until it's nearly too late.

If I am honest, the only thing, which worked in a solid way, was playing computer. It's annoying, really, because after that there's the feeling of having nothing done or reached. And, really, it doesn't make fun enough, but it's something, where the hypnotic waves of the PC-screen can get the boredom sleep. So this can take up to 5 hours per day, and it's really not satisfying.

A free weekend is horror. So, when I am bored, I try to plan some cool events with my friends, and sometimes it works to read a book, but there are really few books, which can keep me more than half an hour reading. Learning something new can be interesting, but after some hours an inner voices screams about changing this.

The only thing which kills boredom seems to be out with cool people doing crazy shit or compete each other in any thing, which comes to mind. Doing something physical seems not to help, it's just a time, which passes by faster than with sitting down and doing nothing.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just do whatever comes to mind.

all of them... at the same time... backwards... :D

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I also play guitar, but like reading a book or taking a walk, it can only entertain me for 30 minutes straight before I want to go do something else.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
all of the above, compulsively.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Masturbation. (Somebody had to say it!)

On a serious note, a good way to solve the ENTP-boredom-disease, in my book, is to have long term goals. I think most of us shy away from those because they seem too troublesome, tedious and boring- we tend to prefer to live in the here-and-now. But if you take it as a challenge, long term goals are (really!) fun. The period in my life when I was least bored was when I swore to form a band to play one of the biggest stages in my country- it was a long-term goal that required substantial planning, effort and energy, and it was SO fulfilling.

Set yourself some targets, even superficial ones- and choose to accomplish them in a satisfying way. Get fit, earn money, build something, learn some new skills, learn a new language, travel around the world! What you really need now is a challenge.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ But it is more fun to tango with two.

I myself keep from being bored by: reading, playing a variety of instruments, chatting with people, typec-ing, reading random things, thinking of random things, writing, drawing/painting, randomly singing, looking up new music, thinking about the future, fantasizing about world domination, taking various stupid quizzes if I have to, reading what other people have to say, randomly acting, going out places when I can, talking to random people who I have never met before, thinking about what I want and how to obtain it, eating, playing random things on the internet and trying to beat it, listening to music, and playing video games.

I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!!!

add: unless I have some goal though, I tend to get bored anyways.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
^it's even more fun with three! it starts going downhill after five, though...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you tango with three, then there is a wheel!

At five, you get a cha-cha line.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
The most I went was seven, it turned into a moshpit and someone broke an ankle.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why an ank-nevermind. I don't want to know.

Wait, so there was music then? :D

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
talk to people...and by people, i mean girls

get interested in the theory behind stuff...not going to the gym to get big to watch your body go thru this crazy change that you have only read about

aiming to be the best...wanting the fitness level of an olympian...keeps you going

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I search for things from the outside world, anything new and interesting. I grab it, take it back to my lair and devour it. It's just difficult to find things that are interesting without delving deep into a subject. That wards off the boredom for a while, but sometimes I just fail to think outside the box, donno how to fix that.