• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Te vs Ti

Te vs Ti, which is better

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Here is your chance to prove which one is better.
Justify your reasons and your explanation of how each function works.

VagrantFarce

uh-oh!

From a Te standpoint, Te wins because it would just evaluate Ti's weakpoint and exploit it. Or maybe throw a collar on it and put it to work.

From a Ti standpoint, Ti wins because it would analyze it's mechanics and then just walk away, all smug and shit.

oh god

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti thinks efficiently, uses words wisely, gets real things done. Makes objects bend to its will, makes things work, and employs the best method. Keeps to itself. Likes action, likes working, likes several irons in the fire.......all of which make it truly hot. ;)

Te is multitasky and busy, informed, and all over. Delving, searching, seeking in its unquenchable quest for knowledge and expertise. Can be presumptuous and pompous in its surity.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Accelerate or Brake, which is the better pedal?

How can you compare them out of context? Both of them are beneficial in different ways.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
or to put it differently, why would you develop one or the other when obviously the best thing you can do is to develop them both?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can you compare them out of context?

IA.
From a Ti perspective: "Better" needs a clearer definition. From a Te perspective: Without a clearer definition, my time feels like it's being wasted ;) As it stands, it is far too general.
If "better" means "more useful", I might side with Te because use implies action and action is usually outwardly directed.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
IA.
If "better" means "more useful", I might side with Te because use implies action and action is usually outwardly directed.

When you say "more useful": To who? In what context? To achieve what ends?

There is no sense or benefit in pushing at a "pull" door, for instance.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I vote "black people."

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh... totally voting for Ti...

I have more of it, which obviously proves that its superior! :tongue:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you say "more useful": To who? In what context? To achieve what ends?

There is no sense or benefit in pushing at a "pull" door, for instance.

You're right; it's basically replacing one vague term with another one.

Te is "useful" in the sense that it tries to work efficiently within a given system, or "play the system" if you will, whereas Ti is probably more concerned with establishing an efficient system in the first place.
Efficient in the sense of getting things done with minimal effort (in the most basic, general sense). Of course Te can also be concerned with establishing an efficient system, but only as a means to an end.

E.g.: Ti: That door is poorly constructed, I could make a better one. Te: I pull at the knob instead of sucking at the door with my mouth and moving backwards to open it because using the knob is the easiest way to open a door. Or something like that.

Anyway, this thread is still vague. I'd rather debate within given definitions of Ti/Te instead of establishing and discussing definitions/explanations of functions and their usefulness (or "betterness") by the posters themselves.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ti is real intelligence, Te is just wanna be smart

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ti is real intelligence, Te is just wanna be smart

INTP convention taking place on top of a muffin:
317262_smarties_muffin.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Taken in isolation and both functions given some seed information, Ti should win because Te will lack depth and make truth value mistakes all over the place.

If both functions are allowed to operate with some partner perceiving function... I dunno, maybe Ti still by virtue of depth.

In which case, such a pity Ti doesn't get to move beyond immediate connections.

We need an ENTP poll: dividing or conquering, which part of the process is better?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We need an ENTP poll: dividing or conquering, which part of the process is better?

Neither. I prefer the gloating part afterwords. :D

sculpting

without both working together you are screwed and wont get a damn thing done.