• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Te vs Ti

Te vs Ti, which is better

• Total voters

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well let's see ...

There doesn't seem to be that much of a difference:

Ti:

titanium-ore.jpg

Te:
tellurium.jpg

They're both grey metallic and have an uneven surface, so I don't know which one is better. But I've read that Te can be substituted in a lot of processes, whereas Ti is widely used and much in demand.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
They're both grey metallic and have an uneven surface, so I don't know which one is better. But I've read that Te can be substituted in a lot of processes, whereas Ti is widely used and much in demand.

I enjoy your posts.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I made this thread because I want to know how NT use their T to solve problems?
Is it Ti or Te that they prefer more, and which one is more useful.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
There doesn't seem to be that much of a difference:

Ti:

titanium-ore.jpg

Te:
tellurium.jpg

OH SNAP

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I picked Te because it actually gets things done.

Also, as much as I admire Ti, we clash a lot.

Illict91

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Te? Ti?

You can't debate that one is inherently better than the other.
Te and Ti have the same fundamental characteristics in terms of logical, objective and factual structures.

I voted for Te as I have a clear grasp over it.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ti wins because this place is full of INTP :alttongue:

Frank

They both do what they are intended to do equally well. However, without a healthy auxilary neither of them are extremely useful.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
You can't compare logical constructs because they're only as good as the information that feeds them...

Te - Si or Ni (ETJ)
Ti - Se or Ne (ITP)

The extroverted function adapts to the environment, the introverted function has to develop itself, so Te supported by Si/Ni can adapt thinking to changing circumstances but not the way information is gathered, Ti supported by Se/Ne will adapt how information is gathered but not thinking.

Ti is better because it is both the strongest and most capable function but also the one that will have the greatest challenge adapting. Te is inferior because that same adaptation weak point is a supporting function causing an imbalance.

As the environment changes, Ti users supporting function changes with it, meaning the primary function must change as well and this happens fast since it is their strongest. Te users thinking will change, but their support functions are weaker and will take longer to adapt. Te users are more rigid and inherently less adaptable, in a constantly changing world this makes it weaker. :cheese:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread is stupid, of course there is no "better" function when looking at Te v Ti.

Lets move on to more sensible topics, such as which function is better: Fe or Fi :devil:

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Introverted functions are better cause they can just say "I'm better".:tongue10:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is it just me or people tend to vote of the one that theory links to their type ?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why are your threads always so...trivial?

Next Cloud poll: ENTPs vs. ENTJs: WHO CAN EAT MORE TWINKIES???

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Why are your threads always so...trivial?

Next Cloud poll: ENTPs vs. ENTJs: WHO CAN EAT MORE TWINKIES???

Hey, I didn't start this thread on this month, so fuck off.

If you want to criticize, go travel back in time, and criticize the Cloud in January.

And I don't see you making threads that are higher in quality.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Ti is obviously better, for no objective reason at all.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, I didn't start this thread on this month, so fuck off.

If you want to criticize, go travel back in time, and criticize the Cloud in January.

And I don't see you making threads that are higher in quality.

It's not hard to beat threads that grossly miss the point of typology itself. Obviously there is no "better function"; all you're doing with this poll is asking whether people use Ti or Te.