First 12

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    No, I wasn't offended, I'm just new to this crowd so I have no idea what I'm doing yet in terms of interactions. Ne can only take me so far.

I do get what you're saying now, though. I was oblivious to a lot of things too, but bullying wasn't one of them. Pretty much all the schoolyard archetypes were present and active from first grade onward. This was back in the early 80s...it's possible things have changed a lot since then.
    A lot had probably changed. I was in 7th grade in 2000? I don't remember. I'm in college now, shows you how much of a blur a decade can be.

I never was one to get bullied, my friends were on the other hand.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    At 18 I still remembered quite a bit, but by my mid-20s all that stuff had begun to rapidly fade into obscurity. It's as if leaving school and entering the Real World literally flipped the page into a new chapter, and left few traces of the previous ones.
    I'm in the same position (in older 30's by now). I remember some sparse details, mostly "big events", good times with my best friend, etc. but not much detail, really. More overarching themes, if anything. I suspect that most of the specific incidents that I remember easily now are more due to the fact that I've given them reinforcement over the years than anything else.

Not that I'm in an early-life-amnesia state or anything, but compared to my twin sister? I think that she remembers a lot more detail than I do. One additional factor is that I moved away from my childhood home a long time ago -- I don't come into contact with anything physical, etc. that might trigger reliving memories of things past. I think that probably matters too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xxxx

My childhood is the fantastic tale of a very unique person who suffered through some of the worst emotional hell imaginable and later met some friends and for some reason gained a positive outlook on life. I'm allowed to write my history as I please and I do please to repress anything before the age of 11. I generally have a strong visual memory and can recall a lot of bits here and there, almost all of them when I was feeling rather self conscious. I know who I was way back then and I know I'm determined to not be that way again.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    One additional factor is that I moved away from my childhood home a long time ago -- I don't come into contact with anything physical, etc. that might trigger reliving memories of things past. I think that probably matters too.
    Good point! I did that as well; in the past 15 years I've only been to my hometown about once every three months or so.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INtP

Default Controversy

Ok if you ask me to rember something from my childhood it all depends on what you ask. My memory is very sharp but if I have no intrest in something I can tend to completely write it off (very bad about this growing up). If it was something very emotional though I remember it vividly...too vividly sometimes. I remember when my mom left when I was 8 years old, I remember being diagnosed with grave's disease and spending a year in the hospital going through experimental treatments, and I remember when my alcoholic step father first hit me. It wasn't all bad though, I also remember my half sister and half brother cry in joy over me finally getting out of the hospital, I remember every detail when the Army told me who and where my biological father was after I enlisted, and I remember my best friend from highschool and the first day I saw her. Now I may only be 23 years old and was home schooled up to high school, but I do know that anything I remember (especially well) is because it is something very important to me, even all the bad memories as they define me and remind me what I strive not to be. I think what has helped me best with my memories is my friend growing up who is an INFP and she taught me the importance of the connection between my fellings and my memories. Now this is something that I'm always pondering but so far I can not disprove her reasoning on the subject.
    Jean-Luc Picard: So, five-card stud, nothing wild... and the sky's the limit.
    [Final line of the series, spoken while playing poker with the senior staff for the first time.]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Being a kid was mostly great except sometimes time crawled. I keep on thinking becoming an adult would be great. That at 18 I would have mass cash, freedom and have mass sex with a bunch of hot babes.

18 was a fun...mostly a slackfest...but not close to what I imagined it as a kid.

Also it is kinda amazing all the bullshit they 'teach' you as a kid. Mostly lies and half-truths.

Wouldn't mind being a kid again if had the chance.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've nothing but good memories until I was about 17, then I had some shit going on until I was 21, after that everything was all about roses once again.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Although not nearly as bad as his youth I can relate to a lot of the childhood short stories of Charles Bukowski. Being a kid, relating to kids, is like thinking a lot differently than most adults. Most kids irritate me now, but they seem to recognise that I am able to relate to their reality and seem to crowd me when they get the opportunity. Guess I am still a child at heart.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

i am exactly the same. i don't remember details of my younger years and i don't really care. i've had situations like that, where someone asks about my 'childhood' and i can't give them specifics, and they're surprised.

mmm, this is why i love these types of forums

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Although not nearly as bad as his youth I can relate to a lot of the childhood short stories of Charles Bukowski. Being a kid, relating to kids, is like thinking a lot differently than most adults. Most kids irritate me now, but they seem to recognise that I am able to relate to their reality and seem to crowd me when they get the opportunity. Guess I am still a child at heart.
    Actually I'm the same. I tend to get along very well with young children. I'm just an overgrown child .
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons