User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

INTJf reminds me of why J/P is considered a dichotomy. They seem rather rigid on the outside, but I can see the rationale behind it all. (I do believe it's the largest MBTI-related forum; they've adapted to order on a GRAND scale) In my experience, however, INTJf is about as easily rejecting of non-Te material as INTPc is of non-Ti material. Both forums are pretty extreme in how they handle things. INTJf is big on Occam's razor and doesn't appreciate trying to tweak an already functional system, while INTPc is more inclined to believe that if you don't have 3 subtypes, you don't know your type.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    This reminds me of Blackmail getting raped by INTPs because of preaching how great ENTPs are. I forgot what thread that is, but INTPs are generally cool people unless you piss them off with your stupidity.
    I have never preached that. That would be stupid, and doing exactly the same kind of self-celebration I denounce.

Who do you think I am?

A frustrated INTP from INTP-c?

Even then, their response is more respectful than INTJs.
    It depends. But even if I find the INTJ-forum to be a very weird place, my journey there was far more entertaining than in INTP-central.
    At least, even if like tcda noticed, you cross "extreme right-wingers" there, they try to behave like adults, not kids.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    It depends. But even if I find the INTJ-forum to be a very weird place, my journey there was far more entertaining than in INTP-central.
    At least, even if like tcda noticed, you cross "extreme right-wingers" there, they try to behave like adults, not kids.
    +1
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wait, Hustler and his high IQ shitshow - which is not at all popular and which has been the subject of ridicule on INTPc - is now representative of INTPs?

Your desperation is showing, guys.
    I think MacGuffin's descriptions in the original NT on NT thread were spot on, especially for ENTPs, though I'd have mentioned some whining on their part too.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Wait, Hustler and his high IQ shitshow - which is not at all popular and which has been the subject of ridicule on INTPc - is now representative of INTPs?

Your desperation is showing, guys.
    I think MacGuffin's descriptions in the original NT on NT thread were spot on, especially for ENTPs, though I'd have mentioned some whining on their part too.
    Actually, I think it was the opposite. Hustler seems like he was attempting to separate the cream from the crap, in order to facilitate an atmosphere of discussion with higher standards. I don't understand why a forum that tends to idolize "intelligence" would be averse to this, but usually when people are confronted with their own mediocrity, they get outraged and defensive. I'm perfectly happy with mine. The outrage of that sub-forum creation reminded me of the "Mensa" thread here.

If anything, I'd say the main complaints with INTPc are the high concentration of crybabies, and the insufferable expression of angst disguised as a smug sense of elitism, which is easy enough to ignore.

I think it's a perfectly fine resource, and if you think you fit in more with INTPc, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I have never preached that. That would be stupid, and doing exactly the same kind of self-celebration I denounce.

Who do you think I am?

A frustrated INTP from INTP-c?

*rolls eyes*
    I could find that thread and link it. But I am not going to do it , mainly because i think I got far enough to prove my point.

The truth is you got raped in INTP central and now you getting bitter about it.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Actually, I think it was the opposite. Hustler seems like he was attempting to separate the cream from the crap, in order to facilitate an atmosphere of discussion with higher standards. I don't understand why a forum that tends to idolize "intelligence" would be averse to this, but usually when people are confronted with their own mediocrity, they get outraged and defensive. I'm perfectly happy with mine. The outrage of that sub-forum creation reminded me of the "Mensa" thread here.

If anything, I'd say the main complaints with INTPc are the high concentration of crybabies, and the insufferable expression of angst disguised as a smug sense of elitism, which is easy enough to ignore.

I think it's a perfectly fine resource, and if you think you fit in more with INTPc, that's cool.
    OMG, best post ever.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    *rolls eyes*
    I could find that thread and link it.
    Please do.

Be my guest.

The truth is you got raped in INTP central and now you getting bitter about it.
    Are you aware most ENTPs are guiltless of what they do?

---

The truth is, what I hoped to find on INTP-c would have been:

1/- Realistic thoughts. Even if reality is not pretty (who said it was?).

2/- Intellectual threads.

But instead, what I've found was a band of uneducated poseurs, and who spent most of their time in self-celebration and denying their existential angst.

These kids have no social life. Most of them are tragic failures, and lack the courage to admit it and talk about it. Discussing it is strictly taboo -at least, seriously-. They whine, and whine, and whine... even more than INFPs, but in a less charming way.

They have no spine, no guts. They live in their own fantasy world, and that's why they inspire me pity somehow.

I'm not sure the existence of INTP-c is helping them in any way: it rather looks like a symptom.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I dislike INTPc. It's socially boring and repetative. And if I want to know facts and stuff I'll look for them in respectable sources. Not in a place where everyone thinks they know it all.

Still, I like being INTP, and will say it's my favorite NT type for that reason. I wouldn't want to be anything else.

As long as I stay the INTP I am now, and not one of those INTP's, ofcourse.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I dislike INTPc. It's socially boring and repetative. And if I want to know facts and stuff I'll look for them in respectable sources. Not in a place where everyone thinks they know it all.

Still, I like being INTP, and will say it's my favorite NT type for that reason. I wouldn't want to be anything else.

As long as I stay the INTP I am now, and not one of those INTP's, ofcourse.

According to my opinion, Fluffywolf is the perfect example of an healthy INTP.

Not only because he doesn't seem to like INTP-c, but rather because at least he accepts the person he is, and is fundamentaly *happy* with it. You will never see him whine or get angry about anything.

Which means a lot of coping strategies.

7w8 SCUxI