First 56789 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^^ You are good! I really liked that post.

INTJ: My son is one and I like the mutual Ni. We really get each other's humor, etc. Very much alike, except, well, he can be cold and hard and just hardcore smart in a ruthless sort of way. He's really very sensitive underneath it all though, and stresses easily. I've noticed he's been nipping on the J&B lately, and he's only 16.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

Why I occasionally hate INTPs:

Incidentally, I visited INTPCentral recently and saw a post which made me feel more than a little ashamed, and hopefully not guilty by association.

INTP Awards 2009 [final results] - INTP Central
    It's a thread entitled INTP Awards 2009.
    And it awards 'The Most Intelligent', 'The Funniest Person', 'The Nerdiest Person' Awards for their members, with the members voting amongst themselves.

There is also a forum section for 'High IQ Threads'. Wow. Apparently, you need to submit your IQ score in order to participate in that room.

Right.

Maybe I'm being a little bit of a douchiebag here, but man, that is seriously super lame. . What goes on there anyway? Do they exchange purity rings there too?!

I am happy to be here instead.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Great post, Blackmail!.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I was about to write a reply about what a retarded thread topic this is, then I saw my first post.

Wtf...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post

Incidentally, I visited INTPCentral recently and saw a post which made me feel more than a little ashamed, and hopefully not guilty by association.

And it awards 'The Most Intelligent', 'The Funniest Person', 'The Nerdiest Person' Awards for their members, with the members voting amongst themselves.

There is also a forum section for 'High IQ Threads'. Wow. Apparently, you need to submit your IQ score in order to participate in that room.

Right.

Maybe I'm being a little bit of a douchiebag here, but man, that is seriously super lame. . What goes on there anyway? Do they exchange purity rings there too?!

Haha, yeah, I noted the same thing. The "high IQ" forum is a killer!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

astroninja you speak truth about intps

intjs seem most interesting

entps can be douchebags and annoying or total "i know better" types.

intps can be sort of miserable and sad or total "i know better" types.

entjs too in your face but cool people

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post

Right.

Unfortunately, INTPc and Hustler are partly responsible for the awful reputation most INTPs get online.

Fortunately, most INTPs that dwell on Typologycentral aren't like that, even if they indirectly suffer because of the mere existence of INTPc.
    As a matter of fact, I've noticed that a lot of Typo-c INTPs are just as prejudiced against INTP-c as we may all be. They too think it's hell, and that this forum is populated almost exclusively with persons that suffer from severe psychological conditions.

INTP-c regular members may well deserve our pity. Their daily lives must not be very easy, they are victims somehow, and INTPc serves as a pressure valve for all the repressed anger they accumulate thanks to their miserable existence. For many of them, INTPc is all they have, hence their extreme territorial instinct.
    The thread you mention is only a manifestation of this instinct, part of their self-celebration since they lack self-assurance so much; it has nothing to do with "intelligence" or "IQ".

---

In one word: our INTPs are far healthier than the one you might spot on INTP-c.
    Our INTPs are the best of their kind, and they probably know it. They have deliberately chosen to integrate and understand a wide and diverse community; a testimony to the coping strategies their INTP-c brethren probably lack.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Unfortunately, INTPc and Hustler are partly responsible for the awful reputation most INTPs get online.

Fortunately, most INTPs that dwell on Typologycentral aren't like that, even if they indirectly suffer because of the mere existence of INTPc.
    As a matter of fact, I've noticed that a lot of Typo-c INTPs are just as prejudiced against INTP-c as we may all be. They too think it's hell, and that this forum is populated almost exclusively with persons that suffer from severe psychological conditions.

INTP-c regular members may well deserve our pity. Their daily lives must not be very easy, they are victims somehow, and INTPc serves as a pressure valve for all the anger they accumulate thanks to their miserable existence. For many of them, INTPc is all they have, hence their extreme territorial instinct.

hahahahaha I love it!

Oh and its the truth and why Im not a regular on that forum. I like different people I dont need to find out how miserable my own type is, I already know.

MBTI
    INTP

INTP-c regular members may well deserve our pity. Their daily lives must not be very easy, they are victims somehow, and INTPc serves as a pressure valve for all the repressed anger they accumulate thanks to their miserable existence. For many of them, INTPc is all they have, hence their extreme territorial instinct.
    The thread you mention is only a manifestation of this instinct, part of their auto-celebration since they lack self-assurance so much; it has nothing to do with "intelligence" or "IQ".

---

Our INTPs are the best of their kind, and they probably know it. They have deliberately chosen to integrate and understand a wide and diverse community; a testimony to the coping strategies their INTP-c brethren probably lack.
    Awww shucks! You're making me blush No wonder I stated ENTPs as one of my favorite types to mingle with. You know how to push all the right INTP mush buttons, and that is no easy feat!

I have only posted 6 times on INTPCentral in 2 years. And 90 times in 1 month on Typologycentral. I think the, whatyoumaycallit, multi-typological mingling is a healthy way to grasp and understand the diversity of other types better. When I first started posting, I had a terrible bias against ISFP types - I thought they'd be whiny little twats, to be honest. I am glad, however, to have been proven almost entirely wrong. I know that I've learnt quite a lot in one short month from the regulars here.

Let's all have a care bear hug NOW and bake cookies for one another!

Edit: I really do like it here. Minus the fluff.
    Edit Again: I have mingled with some other INTPs in real life before, and some of them (not all) are UNBEARABLY pretentious. I felt like smacking their faces with Bowser's shell and giving them a forearm in the nuts, getting a camel to lick off the skin, and rubbing salt into the open wounds for being Grade A pseudo intellectuals who a penchant for being EPIC FAIL X HIGHEST TETRIS SCORE IN THE WORLD.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The thread you mention is only a manifestation of this instinct, part of their self-celebration since they lack self-assurance so much; it has nothing to do with "intelligence" or "IQ".

---

Sheesh. You're welcome for this forum.