User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Younger male ENTPs are waaaay too into pot-stirring for its own sake for me to want to engage with them.
    +1 when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's amazing how often "YOUR GENERALIZATION ISN'T TRUE 100% OF THE TIME!!!!" comes from people whose group is being generalized. Try not to take it personally.
    People will take it personally when you make a generalization about them that isn't true. You could avoid it altogether by using phrases like "most of the time/generally speaking/I tend to notice that". You might say they're redundant, but they make one seem less like an asshat, and interestingly make people take you a little more serously.

Generally speaking. :P

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's amazing how often "YOUR GENERALIZATION ISN'T TRUE 100% OF THE TIME!!!!" comes from people whose group is being generalized. Try not to take it personally.
    Generally speaking, it takes a special lack of insight to be surprised that the people being generalized are also the ones to speak up about it. But I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that not all ENTPs make the grade. That's the problem with generalizations, see.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    Generally speaking, it takes a special lack of insight to be surprised that the people being generalized are also the ones to speak up about it. But I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that not all ENTPs make the grade. That's the problem with generalizations, see.
    You're new here. Often, if you don't add the special caveat, someone freaks out that they were included in the broadly applied brushstroke and derails what are usually good threads and conversations, and to be honest, after a while it gets very tiring.

Kind of like what's happening now.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ almost as effective at preventing this from happening as building a picket fence is to keeping tidal waves at bay
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You're new here. Often, if you don't add the special caveat, someone freaks out that they were included in the broadly applied brushstroke and derails what are usually good threads and conversations, and to be honest, after a while it gets very tiring.

Kind of like what's happening now.
    I do not take such things personally, and would worry if I did, but I do feel the need for certain definitions. Generalizations often overlook a few key points that do affect the reasoning behind one's choices. I am not against speaking with generalizations, but I am pointing out the alternatives to that, simply because there is no harm in doing so. I am not holding up a pitchfork or threatening anarchy.

Whilst it may seem tiring to you that people have differing opinions - perhaps because, unlike me, you are old and a veteran on these forums and have seen your fair share of Kings and Jesters - disagreement and contrasting voices are the hallmark of most lasting threads on Internet forums. I would think that would be a feather in the thread-starter's cap, 'Internetically' speaking. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone just sat around and agreed with each other all the time?

MBTI
    xxxx

My favorite type of NT: An NT that is capable of questioning ideas without immediately accepting or dismissing them. This NT can accept when they are likely wrong and can adapt to changing circumstances if need be. They are likely not misanthropic, although not necessarily philanthropic either. The gain knowledge of the world around them and constantly seek to improve it.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    My favorite type of NT: An NT that is capable of questioning ideas without immediately accepting or dismissing them. This NT can accept when they are likely wrong and can adapt to changing circumstances if need be. They are likely not misanthropic, although not necessarily philanthropic either. The gain knowledge of the world around them and constantly seek to improve it.
    Objectivity "roolz."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    That sounds descriptive of an INTP.
    Do you tend to get along with ENTPs and INTJs too?
    I have two friends who are ENTP and INTJ and we usually find amusement in the same things.

On an unrelated note, I don't know enough/any ENTJs personally. I imagine most of them in my life must be too focused/busy with other things to bother hanging out with a bum like me :P

INTPs, INTJs and ENTPs are all usually cool in my book!