• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, your favourite NT type and why?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^:rofl1:^ You are good! I really liked that post.

INTJ: My son is one and I like the mutual Ni. We really get each other's humor, etc. Very much alike, except, well, he can be cold and hard and just hardcore smart in a ruthless sort of way. He's really very sensitive underneath it all though, and stresses easily. I've noticed he's been nipping on the J&B lately, and he's only 16. :huh:

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
Why I occasionally hate INTPs:

Incidentally, I visited INTPCentral recently and saw a post which made me feel more than a little ashamed, and hopefully not guilty by association.

INTP Awards 2009 [final results] - INTP Central
It's a thread entitled INTP Awards 2009.
And it awards 'The Most Intelligent', 'The Funniest Person', 'The Nerdiest Person' Awards for their members, with the members voting amongst themselves.

There is also a forum section for 'High IQ Threads'. Wow. Apparently, you need to submit your IQ score in order to participate in that room.

Right.

Maybe I'm being a little bit of a douchiebag here, but man, that is seriously super lame. . What goes on there anyway? Do they exchange purity rings there too?!

I am happy to be here instead.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was about to write a reply about what a retarded thread topic this is, then I saw my first post.

Wtf...

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

Incidentally, I visited INTPCentral recently and saw a post which made me feel more than a little ashamed, and hopefully not guilty by association.

And it awards 'The Most Intelligent', 'The Funniest Person', 'The Nerdiest Person' Awards for their members, with the members voting amongst themselves.

There is also a forum section for 'High IQ Threads'. Wow. Apparently, you need to submit your IQ score in order to participate in that room.

Right.

Maybe I'm being a little bit of a douchiebag here, but man, that is seriously super lame. . What goes on there anyway? Do they exchange purity rings there too?!

Haha, yeah, I noted the same thing. The "high IQ" forum is a killer!:shock:

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
astroninja you speak truth about intps

intjs seem most interesting

entps can be douchebags and annoying or total "i know better" types.

intps can be sort of miserable and sad or total "i know better" types.

entjs too in your face but cool people

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Right.

Unfortunately, INTPc and Hustler are partly responsible for the awful reputation most INTPs get online.

Fortunately, most INTPs that dwell on Typologycentral aren't like that, even if they indirectly suffer because of the mere existence of INTPc.
As a matter of fact, I've noticed that a lot of Typo-c INTPs are just as prejudiced against INTP-c as we may all be. They too think it's hell, and that this forum is populated almost exclusively with persons that suffer from severe psychological conditions.

INTP-c regular members may well deserve our pity. Their daily lives must not be very easy, they are victims somehow, and INTPc serves as a pressure valve for all the repressed anger they accumulate thanks to their miserable existence. For many of them, INTPc is all they have, hence their extreme territorial instinct.
The thread you mention is only a manifestation of this instinct, part of their self-celebration since they lack self-assurance so much; it has nothing to do with "intelligence" or "IQ".

---

In one word: our INTPs are far healthier than the one you might spot on INTP-c.
Our INTPs are the best of their kind, and they probably know it. They have deliberately chosen to integrate and understand a wide and diverse community; a testimony to the coping strategies their INTP-c brethren probably lack.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Unfortunately, INTPc and Hustler are partly responsible for the awful reputation most INTPs get online.

Fortunately, most INTPs that dwell on Typologycentral aren't like that, even if they indirectly suffer because of the mere existence of INTPc.
As a matter of fact, I've noticed that a lot of Typo-c INTPs are just as prejudiced against INTP-c as we may all be. They too think it's hell, and that this forum is populated almost exclusively with persons that suffer from severe psychological conditions.

INTP-c regular members may well deserve our pity. Their daily lives must not be very easy, they are victims somehow, and INTPc serves as a pressure valve for all the anger they accumulate thanks to their miserable existence. For many of them, INTPc is all they have, hence their extreme territorial instinct.

hahahahaha I love it!

Oh and its the truth and why Im not a regular on that forum. I like different people I dont need to find out how miserable my own type is, I already know.

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP

INTP-c regular members may well deserve our pity. Their daily lives must not be very easy, they are victims somehow, and INTPc serves as a pressure valve for all the repressed anger they accumulate thanks to their miserable existence. For many of them, INTPc is all they have, hence their extreme territorial instinct.
The thread you mention is only a manifestation of this instinct, part of their auto-celebration since they lack self-assurance so much; it has nothing to do with "intelligence" or "IQ".

---

Our INTPs are the best of their kind, and they probably know it. They have deliberately chosen to integrate and understand a wide and diverse community; a testimony to the coping strategies their INTP-c brethren probably lack.

Awww shucks! You're making me blush :blush: No wonder I stated ENTPs as one of my favorite types to mingle with. :) You know how to push all the right INTP mush buttons, and that is no easy feat! ;)

I have only posted 6 times on INTPCentral in 2 years. And 90 times in 1 month on Typologycentral. I think the, whatyoumaycallit, multi-typological mingling is a healthy way to grasp and understand the diversity of other types better. When I first started posting, I had a terrible bias against ISFP types - I thought they'd be whiny little twats, to be honest. I am glad, however, to have been proven almost entirely wrong. I know that I've learnt quite a lot in one short month from the regulars here.

Let's all have a care bear hug NOW and bake cookies for one another!

Edit: I really do like it here. :) Minus the fluff.
Edit Again: I have mingled with some other INTPs in real life before, and some of them (not all) are UNBEARABLY pretentious. I felt like smacking their faces with Bowser's shell and giving them a forearm in the nuts, getting a camel to lick off the skin, and rubbing salt into the open wounds for being Grade A pseudo intellectuals who a penchant for being EPIC FAIL X HIGHEST TETRIS SCORE IN THE WORLD.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The thread you mention is only a manifestation of this instinct, part of their self-celebration since they lack self-assurance so much; it has nothing to do with "intelligence" or "IQ".

---

Sheesh. You're welcome for this forum.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Right.

yeah that place is one giant shit pile of annoying Ti

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You should try posting in the INTJ forum. INTJ elitism is much more insufferable than INTPs.

I find that highly unlikely. Elitist INTJs, if they don't think you're worth their time, will just ignore you--they're not actively obnoxious like elitist INTPs.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

---

This reminds me of Blackmail getting raped by INTPs because of preaching how great ENTPs are. I forgot what thread that is, but INTPs are generally cool people unless you piss them off with your stupidity.

Even then, their response is more respectful than INTJs.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This reminds me of Blackmail getting raped by INTPs because of preaching how great ENTPs are. I forgot what thread that is, but INTPs are generally cool people unless you piss them off with your stupidity.

Even then, their response is more respectful than INTJs.

Bullshit. The typical anti-social forum-stalking INTP considers any non-Ti value to be automatically stupid and that pisses him off.

And really, INTJs are much less likely to even bother with people they think are stupid. Te says: "What tangible value would I gain from bothering? Oh wait...none."

btw, blackmail's point about their real lives is dead on.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Bullshit. The typical anti-social forum-stalking INTP considers any non-Ti value to be automatically stupid and that pisses him off.

And really, INTJs are much less likely to even bother with people they think are stupid. Te says: "What tangible value would I gain from bothering? Oh wait...none."

btw, blackmail's point about their real lives is dead on.

I disagree.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
This reminds me of Blackmail getting raped by INTPs because of preaching how great ENTPs are

It's exactly things like likening an internet argument to a fight which ends in the sodomizing of the "loser", that makes INTPc a place where very few non-socially-retarded people want to post.:laugh: It's just looks too dorky (not saying you are personally it 's just an example).

To be constructive about INTPc, it's a shame that a forum for the type which I am one of, degenerated into such a thing, and my (few and far between) experiences there have made me question my type, but now I have thought about it, I think it makes sense.

For example, Ti takes things to their logical conclusion, so a site for INTP's becomes one where virtue is measured in the extremity of your INTPness (har har) -i.e. the weakness of your inferior functions. Think how bizzarre that is. It is, obviously, the diametric opposite of what INTP's who try to do anything in the real world will find is considered to be a "virtue".

That isn't a comment on all who post there, as many are ok, but rather on the dominant atmosphere.

Even then, their response is more respectful than INTJs

I have to admit that the INTJ forum I once ventured onto was pretty wierd, full of extreme right-wingers as has been said. Basically I was glad they were locked away on their little forum and not outside.