User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 140

  1. #31
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Favorite NT type: xNTP. Love ENTP's, but have to get away from all the energy after a while. Other INTP's and I have hilarious conversation, but I find them really lazy (and they probably find me the same way).

    To simulatedworld, I really do think that it's possible that the INTP's you know are not representative of "us". That's not to say that I haven't had my share of problems when it comes to over-relying on Ti - because I have. I've read some of your posts in the past on this issue and you make some VERY good points - points that I've really considered for my own behavior.

    What you don't seem to acknowledge, however, is that when your INTP friends make you laugh and throw out hypotheticals and you engage in back-and-forth banter with them (in other words, when they do the things that make you like them as friends), that is their version of Ne. At those moments, you are witnessing them use their secondary function that you say we never use and don't value. We do value it, we just aren't nearly as competent at it as you are. So, to you, our Ne seems inferior, under used, and maybe even weak. So, it's not that I don't value Ne or that I don't ever want to use it because I really do. It's just that my version of Ne is like a mini-me version of your Ne. We should always strive to develop it and become more competent at using it, but it's still our 2nd function compared to your primary.

    On the flip side, there are ENTP's I know where I've definitely observed that their Ti is "weaker" (for lack of a better word) than mine. It's there - I can definitely see it (just like I'm sure you can see Ne in your INTP friends) - but, you ENTP's are not using it to the same level that we are. But, that's understandable, since it's only your 2nd function. I wouldn't expect you to exercise Ti like I do.

  2. #32
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    If you smell what The Rock is cookin'?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    John Cena must be an ENTJ then!
    There's other stuff on TV besides wrestling.

  3. #33
    Junior Member MagnifaSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

    INTPs: I like the INTP mind-meld. I get along really well with the more anti-authority type of INTPs. The women always seem to be great. Sometimes INTPs are pretty dorky, more so if they had a strict upbringing. Some wait until college to drink and smoke and actually do shit, some just never become cool. Not as bad as INTJs though.
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that a person has to "drink and smoke and do shit" in order fro you to perceive him/her as "cool"? What does that mean anyway? Unless this was sarcasm that just flew straight over my head...

    Anyway. I have a special spot for ENTP's and INTJ's. ENTP's because I love their Ne which can lead to scatterbrained spontaneity that I can often find adorable, but also tiring. When it's not that though I can have some of the strangest and most fun conversations ever with them. They also have a really neat kind of creativity. I respect INTJ's because they're like me if I was motivated and successful. They seem like they can do anything they wanted. I sort of see them as having a Midas Touch and limitless real-world potential that I get a little jealous of sometimes. I really admire discipline and motivation in other people. However sometimes this real-world domination attitude bores and disgusts me. I ultimately prefer to live in my head.

    I don't have a lot of experience (that I know of...) with ENTJ's or INTP's so I'll refrain from comment on those.

  4. #34
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnifaSnail View Post
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that a person has to "drink and smoke and do shit" in order fro you to perceive him/her as "cool"? What does that mean anyway? Unless this was sarcasm that just flew straight over my head...
    Those are just examples of what an INTP might do when they reach a "loosening up" phase or social phase in life. It doesn't have to be anything vice related. It just signals a shift in attitude.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    The smoking and booze will do it to ya lol

  6. #36
    Junior Member MagnifaSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Alrighty. But I don't really see why an experimentation in behavior is really important in the context of this particular type. I don't see it as being characteristic of any one type but more (as you said) of individuals raised in a certain environment. If I had to place an MBTI label on it it seems more like a heavy Fi user experiencing a shift in their moral framework that would cause someone to clam up or let loose in regards to recreational drugs.

    Anyway, just my two cents. I didn't really mean to nitpick or detract from the thread topic. It just struck me as odd is all.

  7. #37
    Senior Member BlueGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    474

    Default

    I get along reasonably with ENTJs. Probably the NT type that I most often am able to have long discussions with. The type of my best friend and I think my dad as well.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

  8. #38
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnifaSnail View Post
    If I had to place an MBTI label on it it seems more like a heavy Fi user experiencing a shift in their moral framework that would cause someone to clam up or let loose in regards to recreational drugs.
    I think there is an Fi trend in that regard. But it also seems to apply to Ti-doms, even though in theory, you wouldn't think it would happen. There was one study claiming INTPs were the most likely to get a drug citation in college. And ISTPs can be known for their hedonism. Ti can be great at rationalizing any feel-good activity you want to do, without feeling any guilt! It's great.

  9. #39
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    INTPs: Mostly get along with them well in an online situation, but the immature ones make me want to throw things. In real life, other INTPs can make me a bit uncomfortable, especially if they haven't learned social skills. It's like looking into an unflattering mirror.

    ENTPs: Love female ENTPs and more mature male ENTPs. Younger male ENTPs are waaaay too into pot-stirring for its own sake for me to want to engage with them.

    INTJs: Can go either way. There's usually an unspoken "hey, we're sorta alike!" connection. I usually really like them, as long as they have some social skills. An INTJ without social skills can come off kinda creepy.

    ENTJs: Can't say I know any IRL, and haven't directly related much with those on the forum. Except a bit with Kangirl, who is thoroughly awesome.
    Something Witty

  10. #40

    Default

    I like INTPs a lot because they're quirky, crazy and entertaining yet can give you some really introspective and intelligent conversation. It's possible that I also like them especially because they're rare and as such, a breath of fresh air.

    it can be fun to argue with ENTJs, in a good way.

    Other ENTPs are alright, though it can be kinda boring after a while if we both are similar enough that we're both going to know exactly what the other person is going to do or say.

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] uses of type, and why I'm leaving
    By sarah in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 10:24 PM
  2. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 07:31 PM
  3. Where is your favourite place to read and why?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 09:33 PM
  4. Post the title (s) of your favourite film(s) and a video clip/montage link
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
  5. [SP] Who were your most memorable teachers and why?
    By fidelia in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 04:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO