User Tag List

First 4121314

Ginkgo

ENTP friend: entertaining for those willing. Only really seems to be driven by necessity and vague sense of conscience. Many actions seem compensatory, as though every effort is made to escape the confines of inadequacy unless there is a mutual sense of absolute approval. Achieving that may mean you'll get put on the backburner though, and if you become exhausted by ENTP, there will be a vague, open-ended sense of closure about the closeness. Fun and enthusiastic but also obnoxious, overbearing, and talks to talk. Infers many things, some of which are off-base, which is served by a nearly unmovable set of seemingly arbitrary principles, but is correct in many ways. Having an ENTP as a distant friend can be like peeling an infinite onion. Getting closer tends to be met with much strategical resistance, and getting closest means you may be treated like gold, even though not necessarily viewed as inherently golden.

INTP friend: Standoffish. Closeness seems to be developed by some sort of untold sense of trust and respect. Really enjoys opening up about area of expertise, and gregariousness tends to shine in an environment in which that expertise thrives. Rather condescending, which seems to be a response in reservation, and not deliberate offense. Comfortable and not easily stressed by academics or intellectual challenge; seems to exert only a small amount of effort to accomplish calm progression. Seems to exert himself even less than ENTP; ENTP exerts himself in an effort to deny distractions. Extremely deterred by random shit he doesn't understand. Getting close means being offered esoteric, but adored information nobody can use unless they are the protagonist in a video game.

INTJ friend: Focused on long term success with incremental measures taken in the present to ensure that success. Challenging and idiosyncratic. Always willing to debate, publicly, privately, anywhere. Mercilessly critical of what seems unreasonable, as opposed to the INTP's tendency to mentally withdraw and rethink things. However, this particular person seemed to be only mildly concerned with the value of intellect and more concerned with the value of personal success and satisfaction. Easily disarmed (at least by me) from an angle of twisted or absurd humor, which makes the "close zone" accessible. Has some trouble empathizing as well as most people, preferring to either distance himself or admit others based on honor system. Getting close means being offered professional or financial advice with implicit care. Seems to subconsciously motor about with eyes that seem to scan along branches of his direction in life.

ENTJ friend: Didn't get to know her very well, but every action was meant for a particular reaction. Even more ambitious than INTJ and not nearly as low-key. Always seemed to have deliberate direction, with well-calculated waypoints. Interested in the profane and dark humor, not unlike the INTJ, and also relished in reactions. "Ahead of the game", but also extremely troubled by conditions of loneliness, which sank her into existential and ethical uncertainty.

Both the NTJs had more hands-on, shameless approaches to getting to know others, while the NTPs were about building general understanding by influencing and playing with people like people are Happy Meal toys.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I like other NTs in general, all four NT types. I do mesh better with other NTPs though.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Depends on the person, but I think ENTP might just win out, just next to INTP. They're all interesting but ENTPs are never serious and that probably does a type 9's peace of mind well
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

I'm not Trunks

ENTP all the way....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENTP, by far.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTP followed closely by INTP.

ENTP's because they're like me and I fucking love who I am.

INTP's because I find it really easy compared to everyone else to get them out of their shells and use Ne with me. One of my best friends is INTP.
    From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some transatlantic giant step the earth and crush us in a blow? Never.
    All the armies of Europe and Asia could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or set a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of 1000 years.
    If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be its author and finisher.

As a nation of free men, we will live forever...

Or die by suicide.

Ne - Ti - Se - Te - Ni - Fe - Fi - Si

7w6(8w7) 3w2 8w7 so/sx

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I think mostly what bugs me about INTPs is that I routinely use them as examples from which to learn more about Ti, but they never seem to think they have anything to learn from ENTPs.

It's as if ENTPs value Ti more than INTPs value Ne, which is bizarre. You guys seem content to live in Pure Ti land, which gets boring and repetitive.

Maybe if you'd bother listening to us once in a while, we could help you be less...I dunno, miserable?
    Its because we are over too analytical and cynical and negative and only wanna talk about what interests us (at least I am )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Probably ENTJs for their assertiveness, because I feel like I could accomplish more if I was less hesitant about being forward at times, though I haven't typed many people I know as NTs so my experience is limited.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I like intps as they are so lazy and relaxed. There was a post that said "you realize you're an intp when you have a list of words that you're tryin to use and learn" (i have this list and i think i'm leaning toward being a p- but then again why would you care?) and it was awesome. I liked it. This unique characteristics are quit good and every thing was fine till the entjs attacked and i saw this pic:
    image.jpg

Junior Member Princess Bubblegum's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

ENTPs are the coolest.

I have never met, as far as I know, an ENTJ , although INTJs are fantastic! My best friend is an INTJ, and we get along so well. Sometimes she will be a little too "my way or the highway" for some people's taste, but I have always found it kinda funny. I've only met one INTJ that I did not like, he had this condescending attitude toward almost everyone. Despite this I've met tons of other INTJs, and know not all of you are like that.

INTPs.
    I always end up becoming like... infatuated with INTPs. It is really annoying. Stop.