• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, your favourite NT type and why?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs; they're hilarious.
:encore:
(I'll talk about the good versions)

INTJs are my favorite. They are smart and they seem to complement my thoughts very well. Most of them seem to enjoy dark humor, which is great.

INTPs are usually quirky and intellectual. They understand me better than any other type, but the degree of similarity sometimes make the relationship seem incestuous. And it's hard to get one to open up.

ENTPs are the most cool and accepting. Usually too high energy for my tastes, but there are exceptions.

ENTJs are the most efficient. They're all straight talk, no bs. But we are so different; they are like my inside out version. And it's hard to find one with a good sense of humor. YWIR is an exception. ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:encore:
(I'll talk about the good versions)

INTJs are my favorite. They are smart and they seem to complement my thoughts very well. Most of them seem to enjoy dark humor, which is great.

INTPs are usually quirky and intellectual. They understand me better than any other type, but the degree of similarity sometimes make the relationship seem incestuous. And it's hard to get one to open up.

ENTPs are the most cool and accepting. Usually too high energy for my tastes, but there are exceptions.

ENTJs are the most efficient. They're all straight talk, no bs. But we are so different; they are like my inside out version. And it's hard to find one with a good sense of humor. YWIR is an exception. ;)

:thumbup:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
XNTJs. I don't know too many XNTPs IRL, even though online many of the ENTPs seem pretty cool to me. Less so for the INTPs...sometimes I don't feel like I can relate to them well. :shrug:

S

Society

friendships with xNTJs seem to go either very badly or really well - the ones that go well are better then any other NTs in my life...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I converted from ISTP to INTP. I wonder if I was right to do so...

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
My favourite person irl is an xNTP. Togther, we create shenanigans and fight crime.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Entjs because I get the sense there is a lot I can learn from them.
Entps because they see to be a version of me
Intjs because they're smarter than I am
and lastly intps because they remind me of my inadequacies.

Nts because we can relate to each other
nfs because they think they can relate to me
Sjs because they have a surprisingly unique outlook
And lastly sps because they think life is a hedonistic paradise

Itroverts because i value my introversion
Intuitives because they can see what i do, or just understand it better
Feelers because i suck at that
Percievers because life is a hedonistic paradise

G

Ginkgo

ENTP friend: entertaining for those willing. Only really seems to be driven by necessity and vague sense of conscience. Many actions seem compensatory, as though every effort is made to escape the confines of inadequacy unless there is a mutual sense of absolute approval. Achieving that may mean you'll get put on the backburner though, and if you become exhausted by ENTP, there will be a vague, open-ended sense of closure about the closeness. Fun and enthusiastic but also obnoxious, overbearing, and talks to talk. Infers many things, some of which are off-base, which is served by a nearly unmovable set of seemingly arbitrary principles, but is correct in many ways. Having an ENTP as a distant friend can be like peeling an infinite onion. Getting closer tends to be met with much strategical resistance, and getting closest means you may be treated like gold, even though not necessarily viewed as inherently golden.

INTP friend: Standoffish. Closeness seems to be developed by some sort of untold sense of trust and respect. Really enjoys opening up about area of expertise, and gregariousness tends to shine in an environment in which that expertise thrives. Rather condescending, which seems to be a response in reservation, and not deliberate offense. Comfortable and not easily stressed by academics or intellectual challenge; seems to exert only a small amount of effort to accomplish calm progression. Seems to exert himself even less than ENTP; ENTP exerts himself in an effort to deny distractions. Extremely deterred by random shit he doesn't understand. Getting close means being offered esoteric, but adored information nobody can use unless they are the protagonist in a video game.

INTJ friend: Focused on long term success with incremental measures taken in the present to ensure that success. Challenging and idiosyncratic. Always willing to debate, publicly, privately, anywhere. Mercilessly critical of what seems unreasonable, as opposed to the INTP's tendency to mentally withdraw and rethink things. However, this particular person seemed to be only mildly concerned with the value of intellect and more concerned with the value of personal success and satisfaction. Easily disarmed (at least by me) from an angle of twisted or absurd humor, which makes the "close zone" accessible. Has some trouble empathizing as well as most people, preferring to either distance himself or admit others based on honor system. Getting close means being offered professional or financial advice with implicit care. Seems to subconsciously motor about with eyes that seem to scan along branches of his direction in life.

ENTJ friend: Didn't get to know her very well, but every action was meant for a particular reaction. Even more ambitious than INTJ and not nearly as low-key. Always seemed to have deliberate direction, with well-calculated waypoints. Interested in the profane and dark humor, not unlike the INTJ, and also relished in reactions. "Ahead of the game", but also extremely troubled by conditions of loneliness, which sank her into existential and ethical uncertainty.

Both the NTJs had more hands-on, shameless approaches to getting to know others, while the NTPs were about building general understanding by influencing and playing with people like people are Happy Meal toys.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I like other NTs in general, all four NT types. I do mesh better with other NTPs though.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on the person, but I think ENTP might just win out, just next to INTP. They're all interesting but ENTPs are never serious and that probably does a type 9's peace of mind well :D

James Woods

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP followed closely by INTP.

ENTP's because they're like me and I fucking love who I am.

INTP's because I find it really easy compared to everyone else to get them out of their shells and use Ne with me. One of my best friends is INTP.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I think mostly what bugs me about INTPs is that I routinely use them as examples from which to learn more about Ti, but they never seem to think they have anything to learn from ENTPs.

It's as if ENTPs value Ti more than INTPs value Ne, which is bizarre. You guys seem content to live in Pure Ti land, which gets boring and repetitive.

Maybe if you'd bother listening to us once in a while, we could help you be less...I dunno, miserable? ;)
Its because we are over too analytical and cynical and negative and only wanna talk about what interests us (at least I am )

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably ENTJs for their assertiveness, because I feel like I could accomplish more if I was less hesitant about being forward at times, though I haven't typed many people I know as NTs so my experience is limited.

AUDARASHTESLA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I like intps as they are so lazy and relaxed. There was a post that said "you realize you're an intp when you have a list of words that you're tryin to use and learn" (i have this list and i think i'm leaning toward being a p- but then again why would you care?) and it was awesome. I liked it. This unique characteristics are quit good and every thing was fine till the entjs attacked and i saw this pic:
image.jpg

Princess Bubblegum

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTPs are the coolest.

I have never met, as far as I know, an ENTJ :( , although INTJs are fantastic! My best friend is an INTJ, and we get along so well. Sometimes she will be a little too "my way or the highway" for some people's taste, but I have always found it kinda funny. I've only met one INTJ that I did not like, he had this condescending attitude toward almost everyone. Despite this I've met tons of other INTJs, and know not all of you are like that. :wubbie:

INTPs.
I always end up becoming like... infatuated with INTPs. It is really annoying. Stop.