Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    This reminds me of Blackmail getting raped by INTPs because of preaching how great ENTPs are. I forgot what thread that is, but INTPs are generally cool people unless you piss them off with your stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I have never preached that. That would be stupid, and doing exactly the same kind of self-celebration I denounce.

Who do you think I am?

A frustrated INTP from INTP-c?
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    *rolls eyes*
    I could find that thread and link it. But I am not going to do it , mainly because i think I got far enough to prove my point.

The truth is you got raped in INTP central and now you getting bitter about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Please do.

Be my guest.

Are you aware most ENTPs are guiltless of what they do?

---

The truth is, what I hoped to find on INTP-c would have been:

1/- Realistic thoughts. Even if reality is not pretty (who said it was?).

2/- Intellectual threads.

But instead, what I've found was a band of uneducated poseurs, and who spent most of their time in self-celebration and denying their existential angst.

These kids have no social life. Most of them are tragic failures, and lack the courage to admit it and talk about it. Discussing it is strictly taboo -at least, seriously-. They whine, and whine, and whine... even more than INFPs, but in a less charming way.

They have no spine, no guts. They live in their own fantasy world, and that's why they inspire me pity somehow.

I'm not sure the existence of INTP-c is helping them in any way: it rather looks like a symptom.
    Oh man, I forgot about Blackmail!'s epic trolling of INTPc. Thank god he started posting there again. I need to have that thread moved to Classics.

ENTJ is my favourite NT type, while INTP is my least favourite.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    ENTJ is my favourite NT type, while INTP is my least favourite.
    *proffers cookie in the hope to change Litvyak's mind*
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Hmm, cookie... must... resist...

No seriously, I never said I dislike INTPs, I quite like them - well, usually. It's just that I like the other three types better

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Hmm, cookie... must... resist...

No seriously, I never said I dislike INTPs, I quite like them - well, usually. It's just that I like the other three types better
    Would an ENTJ give you two cookies?

I honestly don't know lol, would they?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

They'd stick that cookie up my... well, youknowhere
    I still like them, they're awesome. But not as awesome as ENFPs and ISTPs, hehheh.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Possibly INTJs, have met many good ones and only the one bad one. Smart, competent, interesting and surprisingly empathetic at times. If there is one fault that annoys me in the RL INTJs I know, it is how they always seem very stressed and put upon. Chillax INTJs, chillax.

I don't like the other INTP I know much. He is so brilliant in Ti, and yet so completely unaware of the values of any other judging functions. Now I know how frustrating it must have been to talk to me when I was younger! The guy would try and measure love with a ruler.

ENTP's are the most enjoyable company but they have a definite cruel streak before they reach maturity. They seem to be so busy having fun they dont notice who they chop down along the way.

I cant comment on ENTJs as I dont know any.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I must have missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Actually, I think it was the opposite.
    You think what was the opposite?
    That the high IQ forum experiment was not a failure?
    Or that it was NOT the subject of ridicule?
    Or that the use of the high IQ forum as representative of INTPc was therefore apt?

I'm trying to get the essence of the opposition here.
    Hustler seems like he was attempting to separate the cream from the crap, in order to facilitate an atmosphere of discussion with higher standards.
    Indeed. Nice aim but it was hardly a resounding success.

I don't understand why a forum that tends to idolize "intelligence" would be averse to this, but usually when people are confronted with their own mediocrity, they get outraged and defensive.
    You post there more than I do, but it seems to me, first, that people didn't really express aversion to it, but ridicule. It was proposed and came into being without any campaign to stop it. There was no mass outrage - plenty of snickering though.
    It also seems to me that the reason people didn't take to it was that they did not think Hustler's particular method, i.e.: selecting people who scored over a certain point on an IQ test he posted on the board, would bring about the required separation of wheat from chaff. I can't say they were wrong: Many of the best contributors did not take the test; some would not take the test. Some who qualified didn't stand for IQ score-based separation. And, from what I see, some who "qualified" were not what I'd call "the cream" among posters. Having a high IQ is no guarantee of quality posting - I think we can all see why.

I think it's a perfectly fine resource, and if you think you fit in more with INTPc, that's cool.
    I actually don't - I visit it even less than I visit here. The sooner you disabuse yourself of that assumption the more responsive your replies to my posts would be.

{In general "fitting in" somewhere is of minor concern to me}

Though you described yourself as apathetic when I asked if you considered yourself among the apathetic or what you called "spineless" school of posters at INTPC, You seem to have strong feelings about the site. Hardly apathetic, so I'd suggest you post some of your many trenchant criticisms at the site itself.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I must have missed this:

You think what was the opposite?
    That the high IQ forum experiment was not a failure?
    Or that it was NOT the subject of ridicule?
    Or that the use of the high IQ forum as representative of INTPc was therefore apt?

I'm trying to get the essence of the opposition here.
    I think that the impression of the INTPc INTPS is quite the opposite of what the high IQ subforum signifies, and that equating INTPc to Hustler and his group of high IQ buddies isn't really accurate since it's a very insignificant portion of the forum.

Indeed. Nice aim but it was hardly a resounding success.

You post there more than I do, but it seems to me, first, that people didn't really express aversion to it, but ridicule. It was proposed and came into being without any campaign to stop it. There was no mass outrage - plenty of snickering though.
    It also seems to me that the reason people didn't take to it was that they did not think Hustler's particular method, i.e.: selecting people who scored over a certain point on an IQ test he posted on the board, would bring about the required separation of wheat from chaff. I can't say they were wrong: Many of the best contributors did not take the test; some would not take the test. Some who qualified didn't stand for IQ score-based separation. And, from what I see, some who "qualified" were not what I'd call "the cream" among posters. Having a high IQ is no guarantee of quality posting - I think we can all see why.
    Yes I did see that: the idea hasn't really taken off. I'd agree that if the goal was to gather the best posters and allows them to congregate unperturbed, the IQ standard is certainly not the way to go. I read the threads regarding the creation...and while not outrage per se, I think there was definite derision. Like I said, there's a thread about Mensa members here, and it is similarly critical.

I actually don't - I visit it even less than I visit here. The sooner you disabuse yourself of that assumption the more responsive your replies to my posts would be.
    I typically use "you" as a general identifier and not a personal one, but I'll make sure to clarify from now on.

Though you described yourself as apathetic when I asked if you considered yourself among the apathetic or what you called "spineless" school of posters at INTPC, You seem to have strong feelings about the site. Hardly apathetic, so I'd suggest you post some of your many trenchant criticisms at the site itself.
    I can see how my strong wording can indicate otherwise, but I believe I'm being honest in just making observations. I was probably a little more fair to the site in the other thread actually, as I stated that since my participation and investment in the site isn't even close to what it is here, I may be painting it with a broader brush than is deserved.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think that the impression of the INTPc INTPS is quite the opposite of what the high IQ subforum signifies, and that equating INTPc to Hustler and his group of high IQ buddies isn't really accurate since it's a very insignificant portion of the forum.
    Precisely. Hence my observation re desperation.

Yes I did see that: the idea hasn't really taken off. I'd agree that if the goal was to gather the best posters and allows them to congregate unperturbed, the IQ standard is certainly not the way to go. I read the threads regarding the creation...and while not outrage per se, I think there was definite derision. Like I said, there's a thread about Mensa members here, and it is similarly critical.
    Yes, though the Mensa thread here was criticized too, there was a difference in the general flavor of the criticism - I'd say more ridicule at INTPc and more scorn at TypoC.
    Funny that the Mensa thread wasn't suggested as a barometer of TypoC's obnoxiousness.

I typically use "you" as a general identifier and not a personal one, but I'll make sure to clarify from now on.
    Ah. Gotcha.

I can see how my strong wording can indicate otherwise, but I believe I'm being honest in just making observations. I was probably a little more fair to the site in the other thread actually, as I stated that since my participation and investment in the site isn't even close to what it is here, I may be painting it with a broader brush than is deserved.
    ok
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying