User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    I once met someone. I've known her for 8 years now.
    We've changed throughout the years, immensely.
    Moved on to new friendships, new experiences, new lifestyles.
    Yet, whenever we meet, and this is once every few years, there remains a spark.
    It's almost electric, and sometimes I can't logically understand it, but it's there.
    When the other person is upset, though we may be miles away, we each 'feel' it independently from the other, and strive to ask the other if everything is alright. We do this without prior instigation or any form of contact; just a sudden "Is everything alright?" in the space of years. I cannot explain this as well.

I have met many people in my life whom I'm compatible with and whom I have had wonderful relationships with, both romantic and platonic. But nothing comes close to that level of mutual understanding that we share. It is not even a romantic kind of chemistry.

It's one of the things where you just... know. That when you meet this person, no matter the changes in our individual lives, no matter the ongoings of the everyday banality, you will simply maintain that connection.

I have 'felt' this before, and being an INTP, it completely frustrates me to no end. And that is perhaps why such a connection is special to me; I can't understand it, but I have to acknowledge it. I can't see it, touch it, smell it, feel it or taste it, but it is there. And only when you have experienced it once in your life will you 'get' what it feels like to be 'gotten'. I don't believe in an omnipotent God, and am NOT an advocate for unconditional, ridiculously sweetened love. But I do believe that there are things that do exist between two people that would be difficult to intellectually explain, and even more difficult to logically ignore.
    I agree with this, and have experienced something similar. That's why I'm definitely intrigued with the idea/concept of a soulmate, and why it's hard to accept anything less "magical" (even though that's not the word I'm looking for).
    Something Witty

Only for a short period of time. It's just dopamine.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Only for a short period of time. It's just dopamine.

(sigh. Shoot me now.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

What is LOVE?
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    No mor'.

I don't know
    What can I do?
    What else can I say,
    it's up to you

What is right?
    and what is wrong?
    Give me a sign
    Love is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

(sigh. Shoot me now.)
    Oh, sorry. Is this like that the rose won't smell as lovely if it's not called a rose?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I do.

I've met her.

It places you in an unfavorable position among others, because their tendency is to blow it off as temporary infatuation, when truly, it is best not to seek to be understood in the court of public opinion regarding this true love, as this isn't the right life for most to experience it.

It is most definitely an empathic bond that knows no distance; an affection so deep that there isn't anything you wouldn't do for each other, and you actually mean it. An all-forgiving love that never dies. Intense spiritual bonding; so intense it will scare you away if you're not ready for it yet. You can feel the spirit of your mate completing you, complementary to you in every way as surely as you can feel the rain during a downpour. It is unmistakable.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    I do.

I've met her.

It places you in an unfavorable position among others, because their tendency is to blow it off as temporary infatuation, when truly, it is best not to seek to be understood in the court of public opinion regarding this true love, as this isn't the right life for most to experience it.

It is most definitely an empathic bond that knows no distance; an affection so deep that there isn't anything you wouldn't do for each other, and you actually mean it. An all-forgiving love that never dies. Intense spiritual bonding; so intense it will scare you away if you're not ready for it yet. You can feel the spirit of your mate completing you, complementary to you in every way as surely as you can feel the rain during a downpour. It is unmistakable.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Do I believe in soulmates? Thankfully no. If I did I'd probably be in an inescapable pit right now. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not even so sure that I beleive in souls!
    Amazing response.

I agree though with the idea of soultypes though Or at least I think I do.

MBTI
    INTP

Just to clarify, my personal definition of a soulmate doesn't necessary have to involve a relationship that is romantic, or any overly romanticized notion of it. It is purely a situation where two souls - if you believe in the concept of 'souls', or at least, the 'entity' that makes us, us - are completely in tune with each other; a connection and bond is so strong, so compatible, that there is no denying that the 'soul' in us is stirred within and inextricable from each other. It doesn't have to be linked with 'fate', 'destiny' or most definitely not the divine aid of 'God's guiding hand'.

Also, my personal thoughts are that there can be more than one 'soulmate' in any individual''s life.