User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The idea that there is a soulmate for everyone is bold.

But in the face of around 6.900.000.000 people living on earth, I'ld say one needs to be very bold to not believe in the idea.
    This, yes.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INTJ

No.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think a lot of stupid people have soul mates. They make kids and those dumb kids meet their soul mates and they make kids etc..

Smart people know its just the luck/law of averages of having someone around who is fuckable and who will put up with your crap long enough to beget kids and…well thats just not very romantic...not very motivating.

So the smart ones tend not to have as many kids and the dumb ones go forth and multiple (or at least add). And NASCAR flourishs because dumb people like to watch cars drive around in circles real fast.

And thats why we (the U.S.) voted in George Bush Jr.

...prolly Obama too (because when we see he hasn't done much of anything except expand on George Ws policy you kind of remember his resume was pretty shity)

And I? I am just reading Proust between jack off sessions waiting for the world dumbshit saturation point to hits it peak to the point where the power grid fails and the lights go out and we all move back to the caves.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I think a lot of stupid people have soul mates. They make kids and those dumb kids meet their soul mates and they make kids etc..

Smart people know its just the luck/law of averages of having someone around who is fuckable and who will put up with your crap long enough to beget kids and…well thats just not very romantic...not very motivating.

So the smart ones tend not to have as many kids and the dumb ones go forth and multiple (or at least add). And NASCAR flourishs because dumb people like to watch cars drive around in circles real fast.

...prolly Obama too (because when we see he hasn't done much of anything except expand on George Ws policy you kind of remember his resume was pretty shity)

And I? I am just reading Proust between jack off sessions waiting for the world dumbshit saturation point to hits it peak to the point where the power grid fails and the lights go out and we all move back to the caves.
    Gotta luv ya.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

that's prolly where your soul mate is waiting for you, spamtar.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

I guess I don't know what people mean when they use the term "soulmate".

Have you ever met a person that nearly completely understood you, that you could relate to on several different levels but at the same time were completely invigorated by?

That might fit the definition... if the interest is mutual and it somehow never fades. Then I suppose I'd believe in it. Will the interest never fade, however? I have no idea.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I believe in soulmates - as in several people you are destined to hook up with and have meaningful encounters with. It doesn't have to be romantically, sometimes you can experience pure love in close friendships too. Someone you feel like you're deeply connected to even if you don't know them very well (yet). Michael Newton writes about groups of souls who choose to incarnate together, to share a common learning experience. ("Journey of souls", "Destiny of souls")

I'm sure there's more than one soulmate for every person
    I have no sense of humour.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd say the fact that there are ~7 billion people on earth means you'd have to be pretty bold to believe the idea that only one person on the entire face of the planet is the right one for you.

There are a lot of people out there that are similar enough to any given person to have a successful relationship and feel like "soulmates" who were "meant for each other."

The idea that there's one exact person that's predestined to be your mate and no one else will work is stupid, though. Considering that you only meet about .0000000000001% of the world's population in your life, virtually no one would ever find the right match, if this were the case.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

yes and no, I do beleive you fit better with some than other, but I don't beleive their is just one person...