• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP Facebook Page - The first in the world!...?

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
So I was doing a random search on Facebook today for any INTP Facebook groups and pages to join, and was appalled at the lack of one. WHY?!?! IS?!?!?!? THIS?!?!?!?! SO?!?!?!?!

Okay, so maybe there are two of three of them, but they totaled up to less than 10 members, which is miserable in comparison to say, the Twinkies page. And needless to say, INTPs are (almost) as socially important as Twinkies, so we no doubt need a larger melting pot of flavored awesome. There's the INTP Central page too, that has a thousand or so members, but that page has about as much sense of humor as a Republication at an Anti-Fun Clinic.

(The inclusion of an '?' at the end of my thread title excludes me from the responsibility of spreading tales of misleading facts, of course!)

I also acknowledge that INTPs are highly individualistic by nature, but still?! 10 members, in the world?

So if you're an INTP, or even if you're not one, please join this Facebook group. It'd be nice to put faces onto some of your splendid avatars here.

So please head to this Facebook page for INTPs and join! You don't have to be an INTP either - we're always looking for some ESFPs to pet and cuddle with and to fetch a Frisbee. ;)

It's brand new, so I'm the only member, but please feel free to contribute any random quirky things you find that might be of interest to other INTPs. I'm setting my target low - 10 members by the end of the week - but hey, you never know, it might pick up.

NOTE: This is not a form of advertisement for any thingamajigs. It's purely for interests sake and for connecting with others, since, you know, I only talk to my teddy bears and stuff.

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPc has one with over 1,600 members.

I know, I mentioned it in this thread. :) But it is quite a bore of discussions. The page I created is for people to explore their random quirkiness and to share and know that someone else in the world 'gets' it. :)

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
INTPs don't socially network unless it has a purpose.

jubilant self-expression is overrated.

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs don't socially network unless it has a purpose.

jubilant self-expression is overrated.

Really? I thought pigeonholing oneself is pretty overrated and trite. I guess it's alright to join social forums then. :) If self-expression is overrated, feel free to suppress your point of view and remove your avatar. Practice what you preach or be a pretentious hypocrite, 760 posts of self-expression be damned. :)

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Really? I thought pigeonholing oneself is pretty overrated and trite. I guess it's alright to join social forums then. :) If self-expression is overrated, feel free to suppress your point of view and remove your avatar. Practice what you preach or be a pretentious hypocrite, 760 posts of self-expression be damned. :)

Last time, on NT vs. NT:

avolkiteshvara proposed that NTs don't need a social network unless it serves a purpose. Then, out of nowhere, astroninja came back with a superficially logic though personal attack, wielding her words like swords for that critical blow to avolkiteshvara.

What will happen next? Will avolkiteshvara strike back with an equally penetrating and superficial blow? Or will he return the ball with a rational, though self-incriminating, counter-argument in his attempt to say that NTs don't need a purposeless social forum.

Who will come away victor and how will he do it?

Find out next time, on NT vs. NT.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
There is one, it's called "INTP" and has 2,300 members.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, this may be the first INTP page, but there are plenty of INTP groups on Facebook. Pages are quite different. I am in three INTP groups myself... I wonder what purpose the page could serve.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa

We don't have to judge your facebook-twitter-shitter. You've already judged yourself.