123 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Default INTp relationships with other NT types

Hi all,

I was wondering what experiences other male INTPs have had in relationships with other female NTs, specifically those with the same hobbies/interests/careers.

(Yes, I know we generally have similar hobbies/interests/careers, but there are differences... so I'm specifying that we have hobbies/interests/careers in which we can work together)

I know that much research says that NTs and NFs make the best partners (and, conversely, SPs and SJs) because of their similar abstract thinking but opposite tool usage; but, in the college dating/relationship scene, I personally find idealists to be too... well... Idealist-ist. (there just is no right word for that!) They drive me absolutely crazy. I know that mature Idealists are much better, but this doesn't help in college.

But, back to the topic: I'd appreciate advice/anecdotes about INTP relationships with other NTs and how they turned out.

(Also: where do you find NT girls? Feel free to answer the infinitely easier question above first.)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    I know that much research says that NTs and NFs make the best partners (and, conversely, SPs and SJs) because of their similar abstract thinking but opposite tool usage; but, in the college dating/relationship scene, I personally find idealists to be too... well... Idealist-ist. (there just is no right word for that!) They drive me absolutely crazy. I know that mature Idealists are much better, but this doesn't help in college.
    Is there someone on your mind? If there isn't then don't focus too heavily on what type you want the girl to be and don't pay attention to 'research' that says what is best, it's all theory and speculation. If you meet a NT girl that you're into then you'll have just as good a shot at making something work as you would with a NF gal.

(Also: where do you find NT girls? Feel free to answer the infinitely easier question above first.)
    MBTI forums

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    MBTI forums
    Um. I think I'll forgive that 100% hilariously useless answer since it's something I'd say as well!

Since I'm on the border between P and J, I've found that I use Thinking and Intuition both introvertedly and extrovertedly... so, MBTI gives my T core something to do with the intuitive perceptions of other people; naturally, I'm not going "I don't like NFs," I go "I don't like idealists."

"NF" provided a way to link that to research and to more easily explain on this forum about whom I'm talking.

MBTI
    INTP

Hi all,
    I'd appreciate advice/anecdotes about INTP relationships with other NTs and how they turned out.
    Haven't had any relationships with other NTs yet but I do think it would be a very interesting combination. Perhaps an ENTJ - the E to get me out more and the J to make sure stuff gets done .

Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I dated an INTJ for a bit. No flirting, game-playing or other conventions you would expect. We basically talked for a bit and when she decided that I was worth considering, she asked for my email and if I would like to see a movie. Not soon after, we kind of fell part as neither of us were proactive in keeping contact. Both parties lost interest and moved on. Nothing major.

Personally, I prefer SFJ types to NFs. But that's from personal experience. Currently with an SP, which can be a little frustrating at times, with their short-sightedness. I don't think I would want to pursue an NT type for anything further than platonic in the future, but I'm open to be swayed. I do like some degree of balance in a relationship, or at least someone who is happy to initiate the romantic drivel that comes with being in one. NTJ types aren't known for their affectionate nature in relationships, and I do like a nice snuggle on the sofa. Show me an INTJ who loves to spoon and I'm theirs.
    Um, yeah.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Um. I think I'll forgive that 100% hilariously useless answer since it's something I'd say as well!
    Oh, you thought I was joking =/

ENTJ + INTP is really rewarding. Long take-off run, but seriously rewarding if you like us enough to stick it out through the first chapters.

I've also seen ENTPs be a successful match for INTPs.

Hi all,

I was wondering what experiences other male INTPs have had in relationships with other female NTs, specifically those with the same hobbies/interests/careers.

(Yes, I know we generally have similar hobbies/interests/careers, but there are differences... so I'm specifying that we have hobbies/interests/careers in which we can work together)

But, back to the topic: I'd appreciate advice/anecdotes about INTP relationships with other NTs and how they turned out.

Dw I'm the exact same way with NFs, personally I think the theory of NF + NT is way waaay off

I've also been thinking maybe ENTJ for romantic interest

I'm curious as to why everyone usually says ENTP/INTP can't work either

I've tried the whole NF thing, it didn't work out for me so I've been looking for another NT though if you are male looking for female it may be a long wait

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    NTJ types aren't known for their affectionate nature in relationships, and I do like a nice snuggle on the sofa. Show me an INTJ who loves to spoon and I'm theirs.
    If an INTJ decides to make relationships one of their 'things to improve' then you'll have a much better experience. Other than that, it's all in the approach. It takes a little more work to get our minds into that 'cuddle time' mode, but once we're there it's fun for all involved.

Anyway, my husband is an INTP. We met via an online personal ad roughly 10 years ago. (I answered his ad.) I imagine there were fewer people online then though, so the instance of NT women was likely to have been proportionally higher since computer stuff appeals to many of us.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I dated an INTP once. It was all nice and he was very sweet (I almost typed him as an INFP, actually) but one day he randomly closed off, and I didn't pursue.

I have read that the thing with NTs and NTs is that they need to meet each other halfway. Well...I didn't do that when he just randomly shut down. He was really anti-social.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex