• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTp relationships with other NT types

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone here marry one a long time ago and are still married to them?
I've been married to another INTP for over 20 years. We're fortunate in that we still love each other, lust after each other, and like each other. I think all three are important.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Interesting... From what I've seen on a lot of other threads (since posting this) is that a lot of NTs like either SJ types, or ENTx types.

Anyone here marry one a long time ago and are still married to them?

I've been with my ISFJ for 19 years now .... married for 16 of those. It has it's ups and downs, but we make it work pretty well. Big sticking points are that she has little patience for my abstract side, and I have little desire to be a helpmate. We manage to overcome that though. She can be an incredibly loving and caring person.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm female ENTP and my bf is male INTP. We get along very well. I feel redundant writing why, since I've written about it *extensively* on here already. I'll send you some links.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
While not a chore, I do notice that sex seems to be the first thing to "go" when they get busy, stressed, etc. Seen this with my SO and another ENTJ+INTP couple on here.

And really, when is a Te-dom NOT busy? :(

:hi:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
How so? I'd like to hear more about the dynamic of these two types.

tomparty_pegging.jpg

In a nutshell

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
As INTP, I think I'd have a hard time with any xxTJ types.

Wouldn't like the boaconstrictor around my thoat. Can't speak from experience though.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As far as NT pairing goes, I think they all make sense except the I/I one and the E/E one. I think both ENTJ and ENTP are good for INTPs.

Oh hell no. No no no. This is one of those pretty in theory things that crash and burn when you road test them. It works for some, sure. But Introverts tend to prefer introverts, with good reason.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh hell no. No no no. This is one of those pretty in theory things that crash and burn when you road test them. It works for some, sure. But Introverts tend to prefer introverts, with good reason.

It can work, but only based on how much the other can handle each other's energy needs.

Lots of times, I's cannot deal with the E's seemingly constant noise, intrusion, and energy vibes, it ruins the quiet space needed for serious contemplation and introspection. but if the E knows to give the I space, and the I regularly comes out of the hole? Then maybe.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
But, back to the topic: I'd appreciate advice/anecdotes about INTP relationships with other NTs and how they turned out.

(Also: where do you find NT girls? Feel free to answer the infinitely easier question above first.)

According to statistics, INTPs are the most despised type for any kind of relationship, including those with fellow NTs. There are no "natural pair" that seem to work with them.

The sentimental relationships they try to make are the less stable, the more prone to failure. That's why INTPness is often correlated with long-term celibacy.

I do not envy you, even if fortunately, we're not statistics, since there are individual exceptions everywhere when you scratch the surface.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It can work, but only based on how much the other can handle each other's energy needs.

Lots of times, I's cannot deal with the E's seemingly constant noise, intrusion, and energy vibes, it ruins the quiet space needed for serious contemplation and introspection. but if the E knows to give the I space, and the I regularly comes out of the hole? Then maybe.

Yeah, I like cool or temperate climes. Hot air is not my speed. I find myself having to suppressing my criticism because they can't take it, but they are always seeking to engage in what I find hamfisted ways. Like a wounded bull in a china shop. It's tiring. I'd much rather be alone. Except for one ENTP friend from high school, but she's pompous in jest, not in earnest.
I like some extroverts but have no particular liking for extroverted nts. I get along fine with ESTPs and ENFJs. Though I haven't dated them, they make great friends.