User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    As far as NT pairing goes, I think they all make sense except the I/I one and the E/E one. I think both ENTJ and ENTP are good for INTPs.
    Oh hell no. No no no. This is one of those pretty in theory things that crash and burn when you road test them. It works for some, sure. But Introverts tend to prefer introverts, with good reason.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Oh hell no. No no no. This is one of those pretty in theory things that crash and burn when you road test them. It works for some, sure. But Introverts tend to prefer introverts, with good reason.
    It can work, but only based on how much the other can handle each other's energy needs.

Lots of times, I's cannot deal with the E's seemingly constant noise, intrusion, and energy vibes, it ruins the quiet space needed for serious contemplation and introspection. but if the E knows to give the I space, and the I regularly comes out of the hole? Then maybe.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post

But, back to the topic: I'd appreciate advice/anecdotes about INTP relationships with other NTs and how they turned out.

(Also: where do you find NT girls? Feel free to answer the infinitely easier question above first.)

According to statistics, INTPs are the most despised type for any kind of relationship, including those with fellow NTs. There are no "natural pair" that seem to work with them.

The sentimental relationships they try to make are the less stable, the more prone to failure. That's why INTPness is often correlated with long-term celibacy.

I do not envy you, even if fortunately, we're not statistics, since there are individual exceptions everywhere when you scratch the surface.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    ... lust after each other ..
    I did not need to read that.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It can work, but only based on how much the other can handle each other's energy needs.

Lots of times, I's cannot deal with the E's seemingly constant noise, intrusion, and energy vibes, it ruins the quiet space needed for serious contemplation and introspection. but if the E knows to give the I space, and the I regularly comes out of the hole? Then maybe.
    Yeah, I like cool or temperate climes. Hot air is not my speed. I find myself having to suppressing my criticism because they can't take it, but they are always seeking to engage in what I find hamfisted ways. Like a wounded bull in a china shop. It's tiring. I'd much rather be alone. Except for one ENTP friend from high school, but she's pompous in jest, not in earnest.
    I like some extroverts but have no particular liking for extroverted nts. I get along fine with ESTPs and ENFJs. Though I haven't dated them, they make great friends.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying