User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

As far as NT pairing goes, I think they all make sense except the I/I one and the E/E one. I think both ENTJ and ENTP are good for INTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post

NTJ types aren't known for their affectionate nature in relationships
    That's not very true at all. Not only am I one of the most affectionate people I know, but the INTJs I know are even more so. They're really like big babies when the tertiary Fi comes out. But maybe you have to be another NTJ to see it and know what it is.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    But maybe you have to be another NTJ to see it and know what it is.
    Maybe they develop their Fi as they mature, or the INTJ I dated just wasn't that into me. *shrug*
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

i have a ENTJ friend who made her esfp boyfriend cry at college infront of everyone in the common room she was blatantly the dominant one in the relationship, but i think NTJs can be affectionate but their idea of affection is just talking to someone a lot rather than being very intimate, you wouldn't be able to tell they were a couple just seemed liked friends and he couldn't handle that.

the same female i speak of also said sex is a chore lol

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Maybe they develop their Fi as they mature, or the INTJ I dated just wasn't that into me. *shrug*
    I don't know about this. Beyond the rough exterior, I've found ETJs to be quite compassionate. But most of them are Ss. Mine in particular, I can [and unfortunately do] offend pretty easily. Something as seemingly innocuous as buying myself a new phone, and thus replacing one she had given me as a gift, can make her feel bad. She is quite mushy and appreciates sentimentality very much.

But this is all anecdotal so I don't know how valid it is in regards to the theory.

MBTI
    INTP

I've been in relationships with ENTJs on two occasions. There was a great abstract connection in both instances, and we really clicked well. As the relationships progressed though, I felt as though they were trying to dominate me and call all the shots. Like a typical INTP, I want to be neither a leader nor a follower. They also wanted to evaluated our relationship at every point, analyzing it in great detail. It became a bit too intense for me and I retreated ... in typical INTP fashion. That led to anger and resentment from them and the relationships fizzled.

I've also been close to an INTP woman and I could have seen myself having a relationship with her. Both of us were spoken for at the time however, so it wasn't a possiblitliy.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post

GASP.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I've been in relationships with ENTJs on two occasions. There was a great abstract connection in both instances, and we really clicked well. As the relationships progressed though, I felt as though they were trying to dominate me and call all the shots. Like a typical INTP, I want to be neither a leader nor a follower. They also wanted to evaluated our relationship at every point, analyzing it in great detail. It became a bit too intense for me and I retreated ... in typical INTP fashion. That led to anger and resentment from them and the relationships fizzled.

I've also been close to an INTP woman and I could have seen myself having a relationship with her. Both of us were spoken for at the time however, so it wasn't a possiblitliy.
    I'd say that this is line that will most likely be straddled throughout an INTP+ENTJ relationship, other than themselves [I'm sorry I couldn't resist ]. While I don't personally mind being led, I do mind being told what to do. If I sense any kind of coercion or loss of independence I will automatically resist, even if it's the wrong thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post

While not a chore, I do notice that sex seems to be the first thing to "go" when they get busy, stressed, etc. Seen this with my SO and another ENTJ+INTP couple on here.

And really, when is a Te-dom NOT busy?

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Wow, I was not expecting this kind of a response. I think this is my new favorite online forum!

Interesting... From what I've seen on a lot of other threads (since posting this) is that a lot of NTs like either SJ types, or ENTx types.

Anyone here marry one a long time ago and are still married to them?

MBTI
    xxxx

For whatever reason, 90% of people I get interested in MBTI enough to type themselves end up as an F. Ts seem harder to find.

I almost got in a relationship with an INTP female once, but she detests the notion of being anything other than single.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    ENTJ + INTP is really rewarding.
    How so? I'd like to hear more about the dynamic of these two types.