• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] TI and NE, how do I know if there balanced?

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey

I've been reading and posting a bit about MBTI for a couple of years, but recently just started to figure out how the functions of the letters operate.

So for example, I'm an ENTP my functions are Extraverted Intuition, Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Feeeling and lastley Introverted Sensing.

Now, I've been around INTP's alot (1 cousin, 1 GF, 1 friend) and I think I've developed my Ti pretty well although offcourse my Ne is greater.

But how do I now this to be sure, is there a way to mesure it? the only thing I can think of is how I handle diffrent situations, and as far as I can recall its very rare that I fall back on Fe i almost always go into a quiet Ti mode and rethink myself, in some situations I can fall back to Fe but its extremley rare, it happend to me alot when i was a teenager though.

As it apperas reading this forum, it is importent to have balanced functions.

So without all the pretext my basic questtion is this, how do one know (especially ENTP's) if you have balanced functions? And how do I improve non balanced functions?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
do you got some problems because of unbalance or why are you concerned about this??

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There is no balance, balance is the faint attempt of mankind to rationalize itself and that will never work.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
do you got some problems because of unbalance or why are you concerned about this??

I dont now, I dont think so but it seemed importent to have a good balance and therefore I was interested in it.

It would seem to me that it is fairly easy as an entp to miss the importence of Ti as I can imagine it would be for an INTP to miss the importence of Ne.

I would think that I use my functions as well as possible but maybe I'm not in which case i would need to rethink and adjust to better my abilities.

entropie: maybe we have diffrent views on the definition of balance. i dont get your statement at all.

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Unbalanced rules. Unbalanced means you have excess energy to focus on your Ne(Imagination) and do that better than other types of people, which is super awesome. Symmetry is boring, and besides having your dominant functions balanced means having all your functions balanced and that's a bitch to pull off and it also means you'd be a boring dude.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
<Barney>
A wise man once said: "If you want more balance you have to become an acrobat."
And yes, that wise man was me. What up! *highfives*
</Barney>

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
<Barney>
A wise man once said: "If you want more balance you have to become an acrobat."
And yes, that wise man was me. What up! *highfives*
</Barney>

this

and stop worrying about it if it doesent bother you much. theres no point of making a problem about something thats not a problem to you

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
and stop worrying about it if it doesent bother you much. theres no point of making a problem about something thats not a problem to you

Of course!

*tears up checks filled out to the Red Cross*

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
You weigh your Ne, and compare this weight to that of a duck. If it weighs less then a duck, your Ti is consequently made of wood. Wood floats, so you are probably a flammable witch.

It's science, don't fight it.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I dont now, I dont think so but it seemed importent to have a good balance and therefore I was interested in it.

It would seem to me that it is fairly easy as an entp to miss the importence of Ti as I can imagine it would be for an INTP to miss the importence of Ne.

I would think that I use my functions as well as possible but maybe I'm not in which case i would need to rethink and adjust to better my abilities.

entropie: maybe we have diffrent views on the definition of balance. i dont get your statement at all.

I think entropie was saying that the world will never be in perfect balance everythings allways going to be going in different directions and our attempts to make everything slow down and stop moving are futile.

Basicly its a chaos theory, the world will allways be shifting back in forth their will never be a true balance(atleast in the Taoist sense)