• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Personality Traits - Female ENTPs v Male ENTPs

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't get it- I have a lot more common with the other ladies of my type than I have in common with the guys (who I occasionally think are being impractical and want to give a whop over the head... :D)

I really wouldn't think that there would be so much of a gender difference within a personality type, but the more posts by other ENTPs I read, the more of a difference it seems to be- if I read all of the posts by the guys I'd start to suspect my ENTPness, but then I read posts by the girls (especially a couple of them...) and then I think "wow... yeah... these people have A LOT in common personality-wise with me!"

It just seems like ENTP females and ENTP males are almost different and distinct types somehow! :huh:

anyone else notice this?

Last edited by a moderator:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
a bit yeah...

To date only the male NT have been accepted by society. The traits that come with being an NT favor men more than they favor women. This leaves the women a lot of work at adapting to the world. This process opens a new dimension of thought that is unknown to (most) male entps

or thats what i think anyways

wanna outline specific differences?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... for one thing the ENTP women are usually more polite and expressive and definitley tend to take a more gentle approach to insulting people

more likely to include emoticons in posts and such as well ;)

the guys are often more blunt about their opinions and less likely to add a qualifier when insulting someone/thing... they also seem to be on a mission to convince others of their opinions on the basis of facts and arguing alone instead of by using a variety of tactics, many fact based, but some personality based as well

entp ladies, I guess, have just been forced by society usually to learn how to get their opinions across without seeming like a bitch while guys just don't have that constraint- we internalize it while the guys don't- in a way it's like the girls are more socially evolved because girls are stereotyped to be Feelers, even if they aren't, while guys aren't expected to be as polite or personable...

I guess I have to wonder what others think about this type of difference :)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do include lots of emoticons, but here is how I am.

1. I WILL let you know my opinion, and not fluff it up.
2. I am not gentle when it comes to many things, and I am polite, but I do not think it is really a personable polite all the time. Sometimes I am, because I have learned it to be useful when trying to talk to some people.
3. I argue how I want to argue, and sometimes have absolutely no tactics.

I have always said 'screw what society wants of me. I don't care'.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think there is a huge differnece between a female ENTP and a male ENTP, also ENTJ, it seems less noticable with INTs but that may be because of Iness not because they are not different.

And no I don't think I'm bitch free ;) I try not too but I do at times...

I am not sure if Male NF's are the same as female... they seem more toned down....

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there is a huge differnece between a female ENTP and a male ENTP, also ENTJ, it seems less noticable with INTs but that may be because of Iness not because they are not different.

And no I don't think I'm bitch free ;) I try not too but I do at times...

I am not sure if Male NF's are the same as female... they seem more toned down....

You seem more like an ENFP to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
of course, I have a background in working sales, which rubs off to all aspects of communication unfortunatly :doh:

and emoticons make even the bitchiest comment seem less evil :devil: (and I'll admit it- my sensing streak likes the colors that they add to a post)

the females mostly seem to have a core of politeness, no matter what they're saying though- that's what I find to be interesting- the guys (especially the younger ones) sometimes seem rather confrontational, harsh and insulting while the girls don't... of course this could be that some of us were raised to "at least TRY to be a lady! :boohoo:" which ends up rubbing off as manners of a sort- especially if punishment ensued for impolite behavior...

not saying that the girls don't argue or point out facts (or the logical slip ups in other people's posts! :holy:) but they usually are more polite about it than some of the guys are

and more likely to qualify a No with an explanation :yes:

just an observation based on a few years around here!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That may be true in general, but I refuse to be included in this stereotype.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You seem more like an ENFP to me.

I get that a lot round here, I suspect I've got more F than some of the NT women, but my T is twice as big as my F.... or something along those lines ;) I've always been a T type, never ever tested F.... I have on 1 occation tested J, but that was a fluke I think. To be honest, some of the ~T type women around here don't come ovr particularly T either... might be onliness

It may be beacuase this is a mixed aged site and I do considere where I can that some folks may be teens or early 20s

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think it might be enneagram more than gender. I don't care about arguing some pointless bull.

Fluxkom, King-of-Despair, and Synarch are guys, but I relate to a lot of what they say. Not as much with a lot of the other guys.

The women I relate to the most are probably Trinity, Jenocyde, and you (Whatever).

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
the guys (especially the younger ones) sometimes seem rather confrontational, harsh and insulting while the girls don't...

not saying that the girls don't argue or point out facts (or the logical slip ups in other people's posts! :holy:) but they usually are more polite about it than some of the guys are

that would be your soft cuddly side, see, confrontational, harsh, insulting = arsehole... plain and simple... and there are a good few, not nessearily all ENTPs but there are a fair few...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
hit him tinker, hit him in the face!

ROFLMAO... you're trying to confuse me, he's a she.....(I tink) LOL

I have dule tertiary qualification, including a first class degree, a sack full of lighter qualifications, use analytics in my job... I don't need to prove myself at all... RARRrrrrr LOL

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a vagina, thanks.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, this is a special fight. And no, you don't need to prove yourself, tink. I was merely observing.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What a guy wouldn't do for a girl fight :laugh:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow, this is a special fight. And no, you don't need to prove yourself, tink. I was merely observing.

LOL don't worry you're not the first person here to say it, I'm a long way off from being an F type, but I have a strong F which actually I value... I guess it may confuse people who scan me from time to time..... I am pretty firmly a T type though wihtout any ambiguity at all.

What a guy wouldn't do for a girl fight :laugh:

You need to get out more ;).... be with three dimentional people