User Tag List

12311 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default ENTP Personality Traits - Female ENTPs v Male ENTPs

I don't get it- I have a lot more common with the other ladies of my type than I have in common with the guys (who I occasionally think are being impractical and want to give a whop over the head... )

I really wouldn't think that there would be so much of a gender difference within a personality type, but the more posts by other ENTPs I read, the more of a difference it seems to be- if I read all of the posts by the guys I'd start to suspect my ENTPness, but then I read posts by the girls (especially a couple of them...) and then I think "wow... yeah... these people have A LOT in common personality-wise with me!"

It just seems like ENTP females and ENTP males are almost different and distinct types somehow!

anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by highlander; 10-12-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp

a bit yeah...

To date only the male NT have been accepted by society. The traits that come with being an NT favor men more than they favor women. This leaves the women a lot of work at adapting to the world. This process opens a new dimension of thought that is unknown to (most) male entps

or thats what i think anyways

wanna outline specific differences?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well... for one thing the ENTP women are usually more polite and expressive and definitley tend to take a more gentle approach to insulting people

more likely to include emoticons in posts and such as well

the guys are often more blunt about their opinions and less likely to add a qualifier when insulting someone/thing... they also seem to be on a mission to convince others of their opinions on the basis of facts and arguing alone instead of by using a variety of tactics, many fact based, but some personality based as well

entp ladies, I guess, have just been forced by society usually to learn how to get their opinions across without seeming like a bitch while guys just don't have that constraint- we internalize it while the guys don't- in a way it's like the girls are more socially evolved because girls are stereotyped to be Feelers, even if they aren't, while guys aren't expected to be as polite or personable...

I guess I have to wonder what others think about this type of difference
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes e.lee.sa liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I do include lots of emoticons, but here is how I am.

1. I WILL let you know my opinion, and not fluff it up.
    2. I am not gentle when it comes to many things, and I am polite, but I do not think it is really a personable polite all the time. Sometimes I am, because I have learned it to be useful when trying to talk to some people.
    3. I argue how I want to argue, and sometimes have absolutely no tactics.

I have always said 'screw what society wants of me. I don't care'.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP

I think there is a huge differnece between a female ENTP and a male ENTP, also ENTJ, it seems less noticable with INTs but that may be because of Iness not because they are not different.

And no I don't think I'm bitch free I try not too but I do at times...

I am not sure if Male NF's are the same as female... they seem more toned down....

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I think there is a huge differnece between a female ENTP and a male ENTP, also ENTJ, it seems less noticable with INTs but that may be because of Iness not because they are not different.

And no I don't think I'm bitch free I try not too but I do at times...

I am not sure if Male NF's are the same as female... they seem more toned down....
    You seem more like an ENFP to me.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

of course, I have a background in working sales, which rubs off to all aspects of communication unfortunatly

and emoticons make even the bitchiest comment seem less evil (and I'll admit it- my sensing streak likes the colors that they add to a post)

the females mostly seem to have a core of politeness, no matter what they're saying though- that's what I find to be interesting- the guys (especially the younger ones) sometimes seem rather confrontational, harsh and insulting while the girls don't... of course this could be that some of us were raised to "at least TRY to be a lady! " which ends up rubbing off as manners of a sort- especially if punishment ensued for impolite behavior...

not saying that the girls don't argue or point out facts (or the logical slip ups in other people's posts! ) but they usually are more polite about it than some of the guys are

and more likely to qualify a No with an explanation

just an observation based on a few years around here!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

That may be true in general, but I refuse to be included in this stereotype.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You seem more like an ENFP to me.
    I get that a lot round here, I suspect I've got more F than some of the NT women, but my T is twice as big as my F.... or something along those lines I've always been a T type, never ever tested F.... I have on 1 occation tested J, but that was a fluke I think. To be honest, some of the ~T type women around here don't come ovr particularly T either... might be onliness

It may be beacuase this is a mixed aged site and I do considere where I can that some folks may be teens or early 20s

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it might be enneagram more than gender. I don't care about arguing some pointless bull.

Fluxkom, King-of-Despair, and Synarch are guys, but I relate to a lot of what they say. Not as much with a lot of the other guys.

The women I relate to the most are probably Trinity, Jenocyde, and you (Whatever).
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp