• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Personality Traits - Female ENTPs v Male ENTPs

Qre:us

So when Fe starts to grow in, perhaps it is done without every imposing a sense that she should really conform? You guys get very sweet and caring, but never feel limited or oppressed?

If I ever feel like someone or some system/thing is trying to oppress me, there's this claustrophobic need to just break through that wall, and hard, and with impact that shakes them to such a degree, that the same person, system will never think/dare to try to oppress me again. Nothing gets to me faster than feeling like I'm being controlled and/or manipulated...it is the fastest and surefire way to see a reaction out of me. And, I will try my damnest to give them their 'just desserts'; it's not enough for me to just stop the oppression inflicted on me, they need to pay, cuz I get this sense of 'You've invited me to hunt for your blood'. It's pure controlled rage boiling inside of me.

I could very well be limited by some insidious, indoctrinated oppression that I may not be aware of, but, if I feel even a hint of oppression, if I acknowledge it, I cannot not do something about it. I would drive myself mad, livid mad, if I chose the path of inaction.

And, so, if/when I fail to make them pay, they're probably the disappointments that stay with me, irk me, for a long, long time. It upsets my inner-peace, such kind of failure on my part.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i havent read all of the responses but my opinion is that people's personalities are a combo of nature and nurture. for the most part, girls are socialized differently than boys but of course it depends on the culture and subculture. for instance although i'm american, my west indian subculture appreciates strong sassy women, so me shooting from the hip wasn't really an issue until i went away to college.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
teslashock, Qre:us, onemoretime.... you ENTPs are never allowed to argue like this on the forums again. There's no reason to put a thread, or yourselves, through this. ;)

I'm starting to not be interesting in the ENTP girl I know for that kind of thing. If she expects me to keep up in this kind of debate... holy BALLS, I wont be able to keep up.

But either way, I'll go for it.

But first: How do you approach a female ENTP who tends to slap people with her 'mental penis that is logical consistency'? Especially if you cant quite keep up with it? Give her a compliment every time you get slapped? :huh:

( I asked this in another thread, I'm fishing as you can see )

EDIT: She has a good enough Fe to not be a complete Logic Machine.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
If I ever feel like someone or some system/thing is trying to oppress me, there's this claustrophobic need to just break through that wall, and hard, and with impact that shakes them to such a degree, that the same person, system will never think/dare to try to oppress me again. Nothing gets to me faster than feeling like I'm being controlled and/or manipulated...it is the fastest and surefire way to see a reaction out of me. And, I will try my damnest to give them their 'just desserts'; it's not enough for me to just stop the oppression inflicted on me, they need to pay, cuz I get this sense of 'You've invited me to hunt for your blood'. It's pure controlled rage boiling inside of me.

I could very well be limited by some insidious, indoctrinated oppression that I may not be aware of, but, if I feel even a hint of oppression, if I acknowledge it, I cannot not do something about it. I would drive myself mad, livid mad, if I chose the path of inaction.

And, so, if/when I fail to make them pay, they're probably the disappointments that stay with me, irk me, for a long, long time. It upsets my inner-peace, such kind of failure on my part.

I feel oppressed just thinking about this. Grrrrrrrrr.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You've hit the nail right on the head. I always, always test out as a "T", but in face-to-face situations, and even online, I conciously try to "maneuver" myself to appear polite and "nice". I refuse to suppress WHAT I want to say, but I force myself to soften it up. Why? Because if people are not threatened/insulted by you, they (usually) like you. And if people like you, you can get more of what you want and you get away with more. And if you get away with more, you can DO what you want. You can then SAY what you want - as long as you soften it back up. And the cycle continues, so forth. I know how people work. It's how I can show up late to work, take long lunches, and STILL have my employers like me (I do not say boss, NOBODY is my "boss"). It's how I can skip half my classes, miss tests, and STILL get my professors to increase my grade and make exceptions for me.
It's how I get out of traffic tickets, etc.

The thing is, in most cases, men are in positions of such power. It's not fair, it's just life. As a female, to appear sweet and vulnerable in the right situations, is an additional advantage.

It would be off-putting for a man to act sweetly to his male boss. His male boss would expect a different attitude and probably would get the wrong idea, and be disgusted and angered.

Therefore, women are conditioned to realize that an artificial "F" will help them in daily life. "F" stands for FAKE. "T" stands for TRUE.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you say you suppress what you want to say, you create by saying that an image of you of a person that's full of hate and just plays along.

I belive you meant readers to perceive a different idea of you. You have to watch your words more closely, as they are the most basic reflection of your feelings and I wouldnt believe your feelings are that dumb as described.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Female ENTPs v Male ENTP

We could always overpower and lock up all the girl entp in a closet.
So I say we win either way

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
We could always overpower and lock up all the girl entp in a closet.
So I say we win either way

It's just unwise, unless you know they'll escape and wanted to start a rivalry rather than a relationship.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's just unwise, unless you know they'll escape and wanted to start a rivalry rather than a relationship.

but.. but :cry:
entps don't hold gruges?!!!!

Rivalry/relationship, i'm not sure I understand the difference:coffee:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You sure?

sure
Would u help me define the smell of that chloroform saturated handkerchief?
(and while ur at it, handkerchief litteraly means 'hand hat')

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
OK, then...

Rape is still one of the hardest charges to get a conviction on. There still is a bias against the victim in the situation; the argument that "she shouldn't have dressed so sluttily" or "what he did was wrong, but you know, with how she was flirting with him, she shouldn't have given him the wrong idea". Domestic violence continues to be incredibly widespread to this day, often underreported due to other factors like the potential economic impact, or threats of retaliation. With the low level of funding we give social services in this country, most of these women have little recourse in these circumstances. Given the proven psychological impact of the cycle of violence, this isn't just an unfortunate situation, it's a continuing cycle that disproportionate

Yep.

Do you really think that the "dont dress like a slut" argument holds up in court? Like do you honostly think that a rapist goes up to the stand and says "Your honor it wasnt my fault, she was wearing a thong."

Domestic violence isnt a very predictable statistic and it has gone up and down through the years. Fun fact: In wisonsin domestic violence reports triple whenever the packers lose.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yay, this thread was bumped :)

Crud if I wasn't so lazy I'd split out all the OT stuff but a thread by ENTPs about ENTPs will only find another tangent to go down later so it's really not worth the effort... right? =/

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Oh yay, this thread was bumped :)

Crud if I wasn't so lazy I'd split out all the OT stuff but a thread by ENTPs about ENTPs will only find another tangent to go down later so it's really not worth the effort... right? =/

'But if I wash my hands they'll just get dirty again!'

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The one kind of ENTP I don't like - no matter the gender - is the kind that seems to put their deepest values on logical consistency ALL THE TIME. Think of it like a calculator that verbally slaps you every time you get a syntax error 'You did it wrong, stupid!' and won't let you make a case about it.

I wouldn't mind if the ENTP said: 'That makes no sense, what's your reasoning behind it?' rather than lash out, in what seems to be self defense, as if logic were their baby. It's both amusing, in hindsight, and frustrating.

Qre:us

The one kind of ENTP I don't like - no matter the gender - is the kind that seems to put their deepest values on logical consistency ALL THE TIME. Think of it like a calculator that verbally slaps you every time you get a syntax error 'You did it wrong, stupid!' and won't let you make a case about it.

I wouldn't mind if the ENTP said: 'That makes no sense, what's your reasoning behind it?' rather than lash out, in what seems to be self defense, as if logic were their baby. It's both amusing, in hindsight, and frustrating.

Guilty as charged.

And, yeah, a huge part of it is that there's this allergic reaction, almost, to logical inconsistency. When thoughts are processed from external sources, it's as if they're just flowing into me, and, it's easy for me to figure out how they fit into my inner overall mental map. So, when a thought that appears to be logically inconsistent gets picked up, it's like a jarring stop to the flow. It hinders me from moving on to process any more new external information, because I'm stuck trying to figure out where/how that logically inconsistant piece of information goes, and how to deal with it properly. This is what leads to my frustration.

It's not as much because it's a cherished baby as it is a nuisance to my thought process. It's like watching a streaming video, and your net is lagging, which stops the video every so often.....which makes it choppy and irritating to watch. That's what happens when my external perception picks up information, while my Ti is working on figuring out where that information fits, and then, an information arrives that contradicts something previously picked up, and it stops the video. Irritation.

As for just saying, "wrong", versus "can you explain your reasoning?"...it depends on my mood, and my want to appeal to my tertiary Fe. When I was younger, I gave the former answer much more than now.

Sometimes, the true answer is so apparent (to me), that I just need to point out the wrong answer, and leave it at that, because my mind is calmed again, as it successfully dealt with the "incorrect"/logically inconsistent information by acknowledging it. I.e., "wrong" = stop (taking the idea further given that piece of info).

Often, I do explain why it's wrong, but when I don't really explain why, it's because my mood is just not there to invest the energy to explain or want to know why they got the answer they did (because, to me, the answer seems obviously wrong, so knowing how they arrived at it is irrelevant). I just want to put a stop to it, with minimal effort and consideration (of anything, like, the person on the other end). Thus, I leave it to the other party to ask (if they're even interested), for clarification - and due to that explicit request, I'll invest that Fe energy to explain it to the other. Otherwise, I just simply want the peace of mind knowing that my mind can keep with the flow of processing information as logical inconsistencies are explicitly acknowledge, stopped, and, I can move on to the next. My flow.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:peepwall:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

I'm all for rationality, and I don't feel bad about crushing people who can't back up their claims and beliefs.

But reason is just that, coherence. And reason should, I guess, accepts that relativity is what seems to be extractible from empirical study of sense data and other means of data retrieval. Sense data being itself reliable to a degree and consistent as far as relevant scales, environnements and frequencies(so energy levels) are concerned.

So, my point is, that logic is but a branch of a wider rationality, which takes into account the relative relevancy of feelings and well, every sort of information available and look for internally coherent systems given the possible applications in the environnement and the degree to which applicability seems to tend to universality.

Then ofc it's all about the number of computations vs survival value/pleasure induced by a satisfying answer.

But I could go like that forever. Networks, you know.