User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    It's just unwise, unless you know they'll escape and wanted to start a rivalry rather than a relationship.
    but.. but
    entps don't hold gruges?!!!!

Rivalry/relationship, i'm not sure I understand the difference
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    You sure?
    sure
    Would u help me define the smell of that chloroform saturated handkerchief?
    (and while ur at it, handkerchief litteraly means 'hand hat')
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    OK, then...

Rape is still one of the hardest charges to get a conviction on. There still is a bias against the victim in the situation; the argument that "she shouldn't have dressed so sluttily" or "what he did was wrong, but you know, with how she was flirting with him, she shouldn't have given him the wrong idea". Domestic violence continues to be incredibly widespread to this day, often underreported due to other factors like the potential economic impact, or threats of retaliation. With the low level of funding we give social services in this country, most of these women have little recourse in these circumstances. Given the proven psychological impact of the cycle of violence, this isn't just an unfortunate situation, it's a continuing cycle that disproportionate

Yep.
    Do you really think that the "dont dress like a slut" argument holds up in court? Like do you honostly think that a rapist goes up to the stand and says "Your honor it wasnt my fault, she was wearing a thong."

Domestic violence isnt a very predictable statistic and it has gone up and down through the years. Fun fact: In wisonsin domestic violence reports triple whenever the packers lose.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Oh yay, this thread was bumped

Crud if I wasn't so lazy I'd split out all the OT stuff but a thread by ENTPs about ENTPs will only find another tangent to go down later so it's really not worth the effort... right? =/

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Oh yay, this thread was bumped

Crud if I wasn't so lazy I'd split out all the OT stuff but a thread by ENTPs about ENTPs will only find another tangent to go down later so it's really not worth the effort... right? =/
    'But if I wash my hands they'll just get dirty again!'
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

'But if I wash my hands they'll just get dirty again!'
    Wicked, I'll take that as agreement!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

The one kind of ENTP I don't like - no matter the gender - is the kind that seems to put their deepest values on logical consistency ALL THE TIME. Think of it like a calculator that verbally slaps you every time you get a syntax error 'You did it wrong, stupid!' and won't let you make a case about it.

I wouldn't mind if the ENTP said: 'That makes no sense, what's your reasoning behind it?' rather than lash out, in what seems to be self defense, as if logic were their baby. It's both amusing, in hindsight, and frustrating.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

The one kind of ENTP I don't like - no matter the gender - is the kind that seems to put their deepest values on logical consistency ALL THE TIME. Think of it like a calculator that verbally slaps you every time you get a syntax error 'You did it wrong, stupid!' and won't let you make a case about it.

I wouldn't mind if the ENTP said: 'That makes no sense, what's your reasoning behind it?' rather than lash out, in what seems to be self defense, as if logic were their baby. It's both amusing, in hindsight, and frustrating.
    Guilty as charged.

And, yeah, a huge part of it is that there's this allergic reaction, almost, to logical inconsistency. When thoughts are processed from external sources, it's as if they're just flowing into me, and, it's easy for me to figure out how they fit into my inner overall mental map. So, when a thought that appears to be logically inconsistent gets picked up, it's like a jarring stop to the flow. It hinders me from moving on to process any more new external information, because I'm stuck trying to figure out where/how that logically inconsistant piece of information goes, and how to deal with it properly. This is what leads to my frustration.

It's not as much because it's a cherished baby as it is a nuisance to my thought process. It's like watching a streaming video, and your net is lagging, which stops the video every so often.....which makes it choppy and irritating to watch. That's what happens when my external perception picks up information, while my Ti is working on figuring out where that information fits, and then, an information arrives that contradicts something previously picked up, and it stops the video. Irritation.

As for just saying, "wrong", versus "can you explain your reasoning?"...it depends on my mood, and my want to appeal to my tertiary Fe. When I was younger, I gave the former answer much more than now.

Sometimes, the true answer is so apparent (to me), that I just need to point out the wrong answer, and leave it at that, because my mind is calmed again, as it successfully dealt with the "incorrect"/logically inconsistent information by acknowledging it. I.e., "wrong" = stop (taking the idea further given that piece of info).

Often, I do explain why it's wrong, but when I don't really explain why, it's because my mood is just not there to invest the energy to explain or want to know why they got the answer they did (because, to me, the answer seems obviously wrong, so knowing how they arrived at it is irrelevant). I just want to put a stop to it, with minimal effort and consideration (of anything, like, the person on the other end). Thus, I leave it to the other party to ask (if they're even interested), for clarification - and due to that explicit request, I'll invest that Fe energy to explain it to the other. Otherwise, I just simply want the peace of mind knowing that my mind can keep with the flow of processing information as logical inconsistencies are explicitly acknowledge, stopped, and, I can move on to the next. My flow.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'm all for rationality, and I don't feel bad about crushing people who can't back up their claims and beliefs.

But reason is just that, coherence. And reason should, I guess, accepts that relativity is what seems to be extractible from empirical study of sense data and other means of data retrieval. Sense data being itself reliable to a degree and consistent as far as relevant scales, environnements and frequencies(so energy levels) are concerned.

So, my point is, that logic is but a branch of a wider rationality, which takes into account the relative relevancy of feelings and well, every sort of information available and look for internally coherent systems given the possible applications in the environnement and the degree to which applicability seems to tend to universality.

Then ofc it's all about the number of computations vs survival value/pleasure induced by a satisfying answer.

But I could go like that forever. Networks, you know.

... In theory.