User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Feminism was cool until it turned into female supremacist misandry.
    To be fair, the more sober forms of feminism were rarely publicized. Thoughtful women cogitating on the nature of their role in society doesn't really bring in audiences. Loud, overt women who fit a stereotype of what a "feminist" is do bring in those audiences, who are generally there only to have their preconceptions reinforced.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    To be fair, the more sober forms of feminism were rarely publicized. Thoughtful women cogitating on the nature of their role in society doesn't really bring in audiences. Loud, overt women who fit a stereotype of what a "feminist" is do bring in those audiences, who are generally there only to have their preconceptions reinforced.
    Yep, I guess it's much easier to just decide men are the devil than to actually think about the issue and say anything meaningful about it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yep, I guess it's much easier to just decide men are the devil than to actually think about the issue and say anything meaningful about it.
    More like, it's much easier to get on TV and consequently funded in one's studies playing the radical villain than doing the hard research and presenting a legitimate case (which they won't listen to, anyway).

The perception of feminism referred to earlier is the TV perception of feminism. It's overly broad and represents a caricature, intended to marginalize and delegitimize the positions of other, more rigorous thinkers.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    More like, it's much easier to get on TV and consequently funded in one's studies playing the radical villain than doing the hard research and presenting a legitimate case (which they won't listen to, anyway).

The perception of feminism referred to earlier is the TV perception of feminism. It's overly broad and represents a caricature, intended to marginalize and delegitimize the positions of other, more rigorous thinkers.
    The real "rigorous thinkers" understand that there's no point in pursuing a feminist movement anymore.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    The real "rigorous thinkers" understand that there's no point in pursuing a feminist movement anymore.
    Replace "rigorous" with "reactionary" and you're spot on.

I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over on this forum, but I'll say it again anyway: radical feminism != all feminism, nor does it even represent a significant part. There are many types of feminism, and certain feminisms may conflict theoretically with other feminisms. There is no overarching theory of "feminism." And to suggest that there is such an overarching theory or standpoint, or that there is no need for feminism today, or that feminism = the radical, lesbian feminism of the more vocal variety is to label one's self as grossly ignorant on the subject, and therefore unqualified to speak about it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Why's that?

I am not a E7 so I do not relate with alot ENTPs in this forum.
    However, I have seen many aggressive females, so I do not know why girls here put up a nice front.
    Girls who play sports are quite aggressive, and almost as much as man, so I do not understand why females here have problem with society's values while the females who play sports do not.
    Besides, from my understanding, females from western countries are quite outspoken about their opinions, much more so than the females around here at East Asia. So i don't why arguing and being blunt is a problem for the females here.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I am not a E7 so I do not relate with alot ENTPs in this forum.
    However, I have seen many aggressive females, so I do not know why girls here put up a nice front.
    Girls who play sports are quite aggressive, and almost as much as man, so I do not understand why females here have problem with society's values while the females who play sports do not.
    Besides, from my understanding, females from western countries are quite outspoken about their opinions, much more so than the females around here at East Asia. So i don't why arguing and being blunt is a problem for the females here.
    Several reasons likely; females who play sports tend to have a much, much higher testosterone value.

There's also the thing that we're here to TALK, DISCUSS, AND DEBATE in a written, civilized manner, rather than brutally go at each other in competition.

It's still a competition (for some of us); the verbal sparring is just as good, or occasionally better, than having a real sword. However... to do so requires finesse.

The difference, while prolonging the analogy of sparring, is between that of using a broadsword and a rapier. One uses wide, heavy blows, the other neatly carves its' way with deftness and precision.

As such, I think it's far less that there's "problems" with it, so much as the methodology in which the end goal is achieved is different here due to the context. Being blunt and telling someone they're stupid gets yeu nowheres on a forum. Being tactful, and with great eloquence, smashing their face into the mud and rubbing it in, while making it look like a compliment earns yeu alot of points.

But that is the subculture of a forum; which incidentally, is likely the issue with the females in eastern Asia as well; culture. It is in the culture for females to be more submissive there, for the most part. It's grown for the culture here for the women to be able to do anything they want and get away with it over in the west, due to the massive overcorrection on the whole male sexist thing doing a 180 flip. Maybe if yeu see enough asian feminazi's, yeu'll see a similar change, who knows.

eh, so males lack tact?

I was the most quiet and introverted male in my highschool, and much more interesting, is that the most outspoken and blunt people in my class were females(I was then studying in an english speaking country).
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Replace "rigorous" with "reactionary" and you're spot on.

I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over on this forum, but I'll say it again anyway: radical feminism != all feminism, nor does it even represent a significant part. There are many types of feminism, and certain feminisms may conflict theoretically with other feminisms. There is no overarching theory of "feminism." And to suggest that there is such an overarching theory or standpoint, or that there is no need for feminism today, or that feminism = the radical, lesbian feminism of the more vocal variety is to label one's self as grossly ignorant on the subject, and therefore unqualified to speak about it.
    I never suggested that feminism is completely encompassed by radical lesbian feminism. Sounds to me like you're just overly enthusiastic about going off on your moral high horse (ironically, a behavior which is not so foreign to most who claim to be "feminists").

I simply meant to suggest that females are equal in today's society so much as they want to be equal, and it takes some sort of "rigorous" thinking to see that. Most "feminists" simply wish to victimize themselves by finding ways that they are not equal rather than by indirectly tackling any such notions via working independently from them. Feminists seem to think it's productive to beg for respect, pointedly remark on times when they are not treated with respect, and blame it on the fact that their lack of respect is due to deep-rooted societal notions on what a female ought to be. The only way for anybody, females included, to gain respect is to earn it, and if one earns respect, she'll get it, regardless of her gender.

I've lived for nearly 22 years as a female, and I've never felt oppressed (at least not in this country) by the fact that I have a vagina. Here a woman is only oppressed insofar as she lets herself be oppressed; there are available opportunities for essentially everybody, and any lacking opportunities are not due to gender biases. An active feminist movement in America is outdated and redundant (regardless of where such movement falls on the radical scale), and until we let go of it, women will never realize that their problems have nothing to do with societal oppression and everything to do with their own frame of mind.