User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 235

  1. #91
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Hm...Idk about this. Are you sure this isn't a personal bias simply because you subconsciously correlate females with emotional/F-types?
    Dont prick him for his emotional side, you gonna loose
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #92
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dont prick him for his emotional side, you gonna loose
    Not if I'm armed with Frodo's Sting sword!

  3. #93
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Hm...Idk about this. Are you sure this isn't a personal bias simply because you subconsciously correlate females with emotional/F-types?
    No. It's because male ENTPs are much more discreet about what's important to them. There's less of the Fe-ish sharing of personal information that is engendered by the F-oriented social upbringing of girls.

    For example, in my experience, female ENTPs will likely be strong feminists, but not because inequality is wrong, but because it's stupid, inefficient and illogical.

  4. #94
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the guys are often more blunt about their opinions and less likely to add a qualifier when insulting someone/thing... they also seem to be on a mission to convince others of their opinions on the basis of facts and arguing alone instead of by using a variety of tactics, many fact based, but some personality based as well
    I agree in general, in that I really struggle to identify with male ENTPs, I feel I can identify better with INTP males, and yet on the other hand female ENTPs often take the thoughts and words out of my brainz. The point that stands out the most to me is the part about male ENTPs seeming to be on a mission to convince others of their opinions based on their facts and being blunter with insults.


    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    One difference I've noticed in my limited experience with ENTP females is that they're a little more reserved around new people because they've grown up with society telling them they're the exact opposite of everything a woman should be, and they start anticipating this reaction and playing it a little safer in new social situations until they can feel out the likely response their true personalities will produce.
    Plus that. The expectations of who I'm supposed to be don't line up with who I am so I've grown more reserved in extroverting myself around new people, I don't need people's approval to feel validated but I also don't like having my true self rejected so I am guarded about what I show.


    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    IRL ENTP females seem like ENFPs, until you start asking about their motivations.
    Irl I'd come across more like an INTP due to the points raised in Sim's post above, no one would ever confuse me with a F.


    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I think I come off more like the guy ENTPs than the girls, online.
    I agree.

    Meanwhile Eckbear and entropie are more likely to engage in banter then insult or try to convince someone of their facts.

    It's not a strict thing, just a general pattern.


    +1
    +2

    It's not about appearing 'F' it's about appearing Fi not Ti.

  5. #95
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Of course, YMMV

  6. #96
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    No. It's because male ENTPs are much more discreet about what's important to them. There's less of the Fe-ish sharing of personal information that is engendered by the F-oriented social upbringing of girls.

    For example, in my experience, female ENTPs will likely be strong feminists, but not because inequality is wrong, but because it's stupid, inefficient and illogical.
    Arguing for female equality is the nice scale of feminism. When you say that the female ENTPs you know are feminists, do they argue for female equality insofar as females and males are completely equal (zero gender gap), or to the point that it appears these feminist views cause more of a split than a convergance?

    Feminism has a really negative connotation to me, and if you mean it in the over the top "I'm a woman; watch my breasts roar with voluptuous triumph and my vagina give birth to a better world! Men should treat me with respect; I don't need men to hold open doors and lift heavy things for me, and God forbid I take a few years off from my career to spend them at home with my babies. Women are equal dammit and we must do everything that men do and not acknowledge the fact that we are biologically different than men!" way, then I'm going to argue with you on this claim. Feminism is way too irrational for real Ti.

  7. #97
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Arguing for female equality is the nice scale of feminism. When you say that the female ENTPs you know are feminists, do they argue for female equality insofar as females and males are completely equal (zero gender gap), or to the point that it appears these feminist views cause more of a split than a convergance?

    Feminism has a really negative connotation to me, and if you mean it in the over the top "I'm a woman; watch my breasts roar with voluptuous triumph and my vagina give birth to a better world! Men should treat me with respect; I don't need men to hold open doors and lift heavy things for me, and God forbid I take a few years off from my career to spend them at home with my babies. Women are equal dammit and we must do everything that men do and not acknowledge the fact that we are biologically different than men!" way, then I'm going to argue with you on this claim. Feminism is way too irrational for real Ti.
    Feminist in the sense of "existing gender biases need not exist where they serve no purpose." That is, more of the later waves of feminism, not the radical business of 25-40 years ago. The sort of feminism that rejects full-blown cultural relativism, as the misallocation of female talent into strict gender roles serves to harm a society, as opposed to strengthening it. The sort of feminism that demands opportunities, but takes upon itself the responsibility to achieve within the opportunity without excuses. If a woman is equal to a man in a given area, then there are no excuses if she fails due to a lack of effort, as the lack of effort is not inherent to her womanhood.

    That's a very ENTPish position, I thought.

  8. #98
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Feminist in the sense of "existing gender biases need not exist where they serve no purpose." That is, more of the later waves of feminism, not the radical business of 25-40 years ago. The sort of feminism that rejects full-blown cultural relativism, as the misallocation of female talent into strict gender roles serves to harm a society, as opposed to strengthening it. The sort of feminism that demands opportunities, but takes upon itself the responsibility to achieve within the opportunity without excuses. If a woman is equal to a man in a given area, then there are no excuses if she fails due to a lack of effort, as the lack of effort is not inherent to her womanhood.

    That's a very ENTPish position, I thought.
    Ok, yes it is. I just think that feminism has kind of a negative connotation nowadays, considering that females are practically equal as it is, so the "feminist movement" has become a bit redundant and kind of a moot point. I have the above views that you just elaborated on, but I don't consider myself a "feminist." I'm just arguing connotative shit now though, so don't worry about it. You're right.

  9. #99
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Feminism was cool until it turned into female supremacist misandry.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #100
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Feminism was cool until it turned into female supremacist misandry.
    Yeah, that. Susan B. Anthony had the right idea, but the Fi-ers have just taken it too far.

    *prepares buckets of water for the ensuing Fire burn.*

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Can loudness really be classified as a personality trait?
    By PalebloodHunter in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-11-2017, 06:53 PM
  2. Female ESTP and Male ENTP
    By Poki in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 04:47 PM
  3. [ISFJ] ISFJ Personality Traits - What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By chatoyer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM
  4. Female INTP's personality traits thought of as negative by American Society
    By latentorganization in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 12:09 PM
  5. Personality traits most valued in your country?
    By autumn in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO