• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you have a lot of friends?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Simple answer really: No.

Longer answer: I find it difficult to value and devote energy to the machinations that make casual friendships work. I get little stimulation from them, so I've only gathered a small amount of close friends who I really, really like over the years. And even then they find me distant. I've really always kind of been more of a "girlfriend guy" if that makes any sense.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
I have very few people that I call my friend. I find that I have more people that call me their friend.

Odd

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have people that I know, everywhere I go, but there's noone close enough that I can distinctly call a friend, except for one person who I've known for years. I have a group of friends that I can see every now and again, whenever there's a party or a celebration, but I'm not close to any of them... they're all close. At school, I never really joined any groups of friends... the nerds were too nerdy, the cool people too cool.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have 3 friends that are close enough to me that they're family. When I talk about my friends, I'm usually talking about them.
I have 4 very good friends who will probably be as close as the top 3 at some point.
And then I have about 10 friends that are more like activity partners. We hang out when we get a chance, but we don't really share much depth.

I live far away from all 3 of my closest friends, and close to only 2 of the 4 good friends. Sad...

Is that a lot? I don't know. Compared to?

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I know a lot of people, but I wouldn't say I have a lot, or that I have a few friends.

I use to have one good friend, but then it expanded to two good friends, then three, then four etc.

And they are not just hanging out buddies, those are the friends I can call if I'm all down and out or whatever, and they do the same with me.

Real friends.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have a hard time answering this.

I have three real friends.

Then I have "friends," who I hang out with, and can count on having a good time with. Then I have "friends" who I hang out with, but don't necessarily like more than anyone else. I'll hang out with just about anyone, but this doesn't mean I like them. By the way, I don't mean to say I don't like them- I'm just indifferent about them.

And I have archenemies.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Difficult one, Yes and No

I go through phases, I always have a few close friends, but then I usually have a much wider social net work with much shallower relationships. I run two social networks, one of about 35 and one of about 20.... although to any event I'd expect a max of ten for either network, they are more aquantances...

Right now all my best freinds have buggered off somewhere so I'm feeling a bit rudderless. Oh well just another life cycle....

I wonder how long NT's keep friends for...

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Yeah. yeah, i have about 10 people I would trust with my life. a bunch more acquaintances, too, but not friends..

Memphis

Not really, I think. I only have five people in my life that I'd call a "friend".
I do however, have loads more "in the attic" that I can just call up and befriend, easily.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't say I have many friends. In fact, I only have one right now, but I do think it's a friend forever kinda thing. I've got many aquintances, I got plenty of people to visit.

In the past I've had other good friends, but mostly lost contact with them. Only one friendship I have seems to transcend all that change and just sorta sticks.

One good friend is more than I wish for. So I am thankful.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
i used to...only 3 or 4 really close ones. now i only keep in touch with 1.
i moved to a different country and am still learning the language so its difficult to make friends :cry:

I wonder how long NT's keep friends for...

my 'best friend' average life span ranges about 2-3 years. 4 years, tops. off and on.

most of them have been only children. go figure.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
i used to...only 3 or 4 really close ones. now i only keep in touch with 1.
i moved to a different country and am still learning the language so its difficult to make friends :cry:

my 'best friend' average life span ranges about 2-3 years. 4 years, tops. off and on.

most of them have been only children. go figure.

interesting, it's not that I fall out with best friends, some I do, but they do change... life changes and they end up in the past.... although I got looked up by my best frend at high school fairly recently, and a lass I went to Uni with... All good fun

P

Phantonym

Friendships are kind of strange for me. I don't really miss people even when they're regularly visiting my thoughts.

People come and go. I notice the life spans as well, mostly 3 years, and then people fade from sight. They linger on in the mind on and off but not so strongly to turn back to the previous state. As a result, I have an ever-changing circle of people hovering around me but no-one is close enough to me to be called a "friend" in my book. More like good acquaintances.

I've never been the cafe-hopping, secret-sharing, gossipping kind of girl and never will be. However, I do have two people whom I could consider to be the closest thing to "friends". I've known both for over a decade and even though we meet maybe once a year, we can pick up from where we left off without feeling awkward. I like that. :)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Yes and no.
I have a lot of people I'm friendly with and that I hang out with when I go back and visit my hometown. They're friends but I don't share a lot of my thoughts with them.
I have a couple of friends that I can share most of my thoughts with, they're who I consider my true friends.

R

Riva

A lot of people consider me to be their friend. But I although call them friends really don't in my my call them friends.

Maybe because i have been let down by some of them. I learned a lesson a hard way.

"You cannot depend on a friends when you fall in deep shit"