• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you have a lot of friends?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I don't even know what my expectation is.

Rationally, I have shared a lot of information with some people and trust them, and they return the favor; and we seem to very much like each other and enjoy spending time or talking together; but it's like I just want to be 100% in sync with someone and FEEL close/intimate and that rarely happens, it always feels like it has distance involved.

There are definitely a lot of people who give and exchange goodwill with me, though.

Yes, it's exactly the same for me. It's the really intimate part that's missing. On the other hand, I'm fine with my more casual connections as well. I think we find the friend expectation in our SOs.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I have a modest amount of friends. I've always pretty much went through cycles with really close friends, usually consisting of a close group of 3 or 4 people. I've shifted friend groups quite a bit as well. In the end though I would say I have about 3 really good friends whom I discuss and share a lot with, participate in many activities with, and just chill with on a frequent basis.

Outside of that I have a maybe another 5-10 who I wouldn't hesitate to call or drop by their houses. These people are usually ones that I've spent a significant amount of time with in the past and have a generally good picture of what their personality is and more intimate knowledge of how they work, their tendencies, and who they associate with. There is a great deal of comfort in these friendships. I almost feel as if circumstances were to change somewhat we could eventually become much closer.

Outside of those two groups I usually maintain a sort of frequent acquaintance with approximately another 20 people. These people are usually friends of friends, people I'm involved with in some class, people who I respect for their sense of humor or perspective but am not close to and the like. There usually tends to be a small fraction of this group that I really value time spent with. I'd say maybe around 5. While we might not meet as frequently or run in the same close circles we usually end up spending some interesting times together.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
simple question really.

I tend to have loads and loads of acquaintances.
Quite a few people who I call "friend" but are living farther away from me and I don't get to see as often anymore. A very small group of friends living near me.

I would say real, true blue set in stone friends would amount to about 10-20, perhaps? A bunch more who I currently call friend but the relationship has never been tested in any way so they can come and go, and they do.

Animus

MBTI Type
INTP
No. Currently, I only have two people that I like to say are kind of my close friends. That would be my younger brother and someone I've known for almost 10 years. I consider most of everyone else just acquaintances. People I talk to, but don't really hang out with too often unless accompanied by one my friends.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
No. I don't really have the drive to form any friendships at my university. It's like forcing myself to eat when I'm already full. I haven't been in touch with my older friends. Besides my SO, I don't have any. I feel I should be worried about this.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've got quite a few friends, yes... I don't see them very often, but that's not necessary, is it?
The nicest thing about them is that they are all very different.

Qre:us

Friends that I know will have my back, and they know I have theirs. They're like family, type deal. Even if we're not in regular contact (life course divergence)...but, we're still able to pick up where we left off, and to the same depth we had, or calling them for random favours won't ever be like - oh, so now that you need something, you call? kind of weirdness...these kinds, I have 5. My perfect handful, I call them. They've seen me grow, seen the challenges I've faced, the misanthrophy that was me, was a huge influence in how I learned to care and interact with others, and to hang on. Cuz they wouldn't ever let me cut ties. Stubborn bastards. Saw through me. My best friends/good friends.

One I've known for 16 years.

The rest four, I've known for 8 years.

And, beyond them, I do have friends, in whose life I take an interest, and they in mine, good conversations, activities, and such, but I'd think twice about putting them out with a need of mine, its convenience, etc. The ones I wouldn't necessarily miss. These kind of people, maybe 10~ people.

Oh, and I got a few animal friends too, yup!

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Friends? 4 or 5 maybe. Future friends I have mapped out and friends I'm likely to drop also. Such is the life of an INTJ. I can't keep up with all those people and trying to sort out all of their problems.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Not really, because I'm terrible at keeping touch, and I tend only to stay in regular touch with someone if we're involved in a common effort. Also I tend to make friends with other T's (usually NT) who are similair.

Does my fingers count?:)

Not sure but my right hand is a good friend of mine. (sorry, it had to be done)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I have a friend, by which I mean someone I can count on. I had other friends before, but they have all drifted away in one way or another, and I didn't pursue them. My 'friends' right now are my very extroverted GF's friends.

EDIT: I met Biaxident on Saturday. We're friends!

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I have 3 very close friends plus my sister - these are people I know accept me and will be there for me no-matter-what. I can tell them my deepest darkest thoughts and feelings and I know they will love me just the same and vice-versa. I then have 5 or 6 friends who I spend time with on occassion and talk to, but I wouldn't say we are close (I actually struggle with these friendships at times, becuase they don't feel all that authentic to me). When I go places, I often run into about a gagillion people I have met/talked to in passing, but would never call any of them friends.

capricorn009

I have a lot of 'friends' but not a lot of CLOSE friends. Just done with kiss-ups
that are only interested in being friendly when they're bored so they have to ha
ve a project like turning you into their next drone.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
In terms of close friends, no.

I find it exhausting trying to manage outings with multiple friends in a given week.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Of the top of my head: 12 close friends and about 12 more that I like to hang with, but are not so close.

ProperDave

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have 5 friends I'd deem close, and about 20 friends in total.
My social circles have never been bigger than 20~30 people, and at the moment my number of friends are shrinking again as I slowly lose touch with people. :s

Not intentionally mind... But I find in my social circles, I almost always have to do the hard work of maintaining friendships. I'm always arranging meet-ups with friends, it's never the other way around. :(