• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you have a lot of friends?

NuttyMeg011

MBTI Type
xxxx
There are two people whom I meet with maybe three times/year over a casual dinner. I'd be more inclined to label them friendly acquaintences than "friends." So, no, I don't have any friends--much less many--nor do I feel compelled to attempt to change that any time soon. I'm very content (perhaps TOO content) entirely on my own. The last time there was someone whom I could comfortably call a "friend" was during middle school eight years ago.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I speak to people, but never really connected with anyone since high school. Because of my association with the military, first as a dependant then as an enlisted, I've met many people and I usually make one or two friends (now that I think about it, most of them were ISTJ). Many of the people I've hanged out with felt compel to get me out of my shell and had exposed me to gatherings I would have never gone to on my own (clubbing was one of them). Since severing my ties with the military not too long ago, I have gone one college semester without meeting any new friends. And for some reason, i'm not too bother by it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
No. I have social anxiety, so I'm happiest just keepinmg to my SO and my family. I hung out with a friend last night, but I'm still feeling anxious.

LucrativeSid

I have a friend, by which I mean someone I can count on. I had other friends before, but they have all drifted away in one way or another, and I didn't pursue them. My 'friends' right now are my very extroverted GF's friends.

EDIT: I met Biaxident on Saturday. We're friends!

What are some examples of counting on someone? Do you mean emotional support, unconditional love, quality time, favors, saving you when you're in a rough spot? That kind of thing? I guess I get the idea, I was just wondering if you'd list a couple of specific examples of ways that you would count a close friend, and if you prefer certain kinds of support over others.