User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    1. He really has nothing to lose from taking the chance.

2. I would be extremely impressed if two people immediately had some kind of meaningful connection without any superficial relations. It's like someone going on a blind date and immediately going into a discussion on political or religious theory. Everyone judges superficially, whether it's online or not.
    Preshishely, Shimon. It's a way to at least make some connections. If you never connect in the first place you're not going to get to a deeper level.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I actually sent a message to my highest match, which was 73% match, 77% friend, and 17% enemy, but I got no reply...something tells me, though, that OKCupid isn't the most popular site for dating.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

A added/changed a few things...maybe I'll get more response:

I am not perfect; like you, I have issues, too. That is why I’d accept yours, as much as I’d expect you to accept me as I am.

For your trust and respect, I shall repay with loyalty. If you are on my good side, you will not have to worry about betrayal. I am much more generous than these silly tests will lead you to believe.

I am basically shy, reserved, and misunderstood, but what genius isn't?

To me, the world holds no boundaries, no rights and wrongs. Atheism, Religion, Humanism, Science. They are all the same. I hold no respect for political correctness or for anal-retentive liberals; likewise, I hold no respect for moral correctness or for religious conservatives. I cannot logically describe my political views, because like a child's bickering, politics never make any sense.

The truth is everything is relative. I invent my own beliefs, and they make just as much and just as little sense as anything else. Challenge my views, as I will challenge yours. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. That which is bizarre intrigues me. Create and destroy worlds with me.

I am, for the most part, in my own little world. My imagination provides for me what reality cannot. It allows me to escape the boredom of life.

I am into movies, video games and music of all kinds -- [[ambient]], [[black metal]], and [[industrialized metal]] are among my favorites. Though I haven't the stomach for rap, R&B, or that Britney Spears shit and whatnot.

I am in love with [[technology]]; technology of [[computers]], [[space]], [[art]], [[movies]], [[gaming]], [[sci-fi]], you name it. But I have a special fascination with roller coasters. Speed and danger, carefully crafted.

I research random subjects all over the Internet, because I cannot always afford books; people's stupidity leads to fewer sales, which leads prices to skyrocket. I intellectualize practically everything, and I love a good debate.

People who interpret a person's education as his/her level of schooling are narrow-minded. A true intellectual has the willpower to educate himself.

I do not express myself with attire. That's what ideas are for.

I enjoy the presence of creative and thoughtful intellectuals, and am willing to share a life with such folk. A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist, sexist, dirty... But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. Where’s yours?

Pseudo-intellectuals, pretentious "high-cultured" snobs, and otherwise all-around imbeciles do not make it in my book of life. The world is littered with enough idiots, most of whom are either stupid enough to think they are smart or stupid enough to pretend they are smart. I have no wish to shepherd myself into an eternal flock of idiocy.

If you have read and agreed to my above statements, my AIM is daseivonsatan@aim.com and my Yahoo! IM is dltdvd1@yahoo.com. Feel free to add, but please do the kind service of letting me know who you are.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I can't get the computer to post my edited version of what you have! and it won't let me delete any messed up message- this is why I hate technology...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ok- take 2 at posting this didn't work either!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

sorry for this- I'm now typing this completely out by hand!

what to edit out- the first 6 paragraphs, which I would replace with a more concise and less confrontational "Despite how I come across in some of these tests, I am in reality a loyal and generous friend. I'm actually rather shy and because of this frequently misunderstood, but then again, what genius isn't!
    I'm not a big fan of politics, as my views are rather unconventional, and I can't understand why grownups would want to behave like bickering children at times.
    I am intellectually curious and willing to entertain a variety of ideas. I enjoy debating a variety of topics and would enjoy meeting someone who likes this as well!"

keep the part about being in your own little world- that would explain a lot!

also keep the first 2 paragraphs of your interests

edit out- paragraph about researching topics on the internet and the one about education and replace it with "I enjoy learning about a variety of topics and am willing to research anything that interests me. Education doesn't interest me nearly as much as actual learning and curiosity."

Keep the line about clothes and the paragraph about your sense of humor

edit out- the paragraph about "high cultured snobs"- it's a bit confrontational and could be replaced with "I am interested in meeting a well grounded, curious and genuine person"

sorry this took so long! I've been a bit swamped with school and work lately!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

How's this?

Despite how I come across in some of these tests, I am extremely loyal and generous. I may come across as shy, reserved, and misunderstood, but what genius isn't?

I hold unconventional political views which are neither democrat nor republican. They are my own. Ask me if you want more.

I can assure you that I hold no respect for political correctness or moral correctness. They are both a waste of time and a tired way of avoiding what's more important: living your own life.

I am, for the most part, in my own little world. My imagination provides for me what reality cannot. It allows me to escape the boredom of life.

I am into [[movies]], [[video games]]. and [[music]] of all kinds -- [[ambient]], [[black metal]], and [[industrialized metal]] are among my favorites. Though I haven't the stomach for rap, R&B, or that Britney Spears-type shit.

I find surrealistic, abstract, and fantasy art fascinating, and I occasionally do some drawing and writing myself. Basically, I'm open to anything that heightens reality.

I am in love with [[technology]]; technology of [[computers]], [[space]], [[art]], [[movies]], [[gaming]], [[sci-fi]], you name it. But I have a special fascination with roller coasters. Speed and danger, carefully crafted.

I am an intellectual. Satisfying my curiosity about the world is far more important than the constraints of a formal education. (I find the system incredibly biased, anyway.)

I enjoy the presence of creative and thoughtful intellectuals, and am willing to share a life with such folk. A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist, sexist, dirty... But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. Where’s yours?

I am weird. And I am weird because I am myself, and you should be, too.

If you have read and agreed to my above statements, my AIM is daseivonsatan@aim.com and my Yahoo! IM is dltdvd1@yahoo.com. Feel free to add, but please do the kind service of letting me know who you are.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

better! though I did like the smiley face after the "what genius isn't?" in my version since it made it sound less like you really are saying that you're a genius, but that's probably just me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Added a few things:

Despite how I come across in some of these tests, I am extremely loyal, generous, and compassionate when the occasion calls for it. I may come across as shy, reserved, and misunderstood, but what genius isn't?

I hold unconventional political views which are neither democrat nor republican. They are my own. I can assure you that I hold no respect for political correctness or moral correctness. They are both a waste of time and a tired way of avoiding what's more important: living your own life. Ask if you want more.

I am, for the most part, in my own little world. My imagination provides for me what reality cannot. It allows me to escape the boredom of life. My mind races with imagery that is fantastic, frightening, funny, and sometimes, filthy.

I am into movies, video games. and music of all kinds -- ambient, black metal, and industrialized metal are among my favorites. Though I haven't the stomach for rap, R&B, or that Britney Spears shit.

I find surrealistic and fantasy art fascinating, and I occasionally do some drawing and writing myself. Basically, I'm open to anything that heightens reality.

I am in love with technology; technology of computers, space, art, movies, gaming, sci-fi, you name it. But I have a special fascination with roller coasters. Speed and danger, carefully crafted.

I am an intellectual and an avid reader. Satisfying my own curiosity about the world is far more important than the constraints of a formal education. (I find the system incredibly biased, anyway.)

I am weird. And I am weird because I am myself, and you should be, too.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I like it too, Uber!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic