First 23456 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What can I say? People who wear clothes are not expressing themselves...they're expressing their desire to get laid!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What can I say? People who wear clothes are not expressing themselves...they're expressing their desire to get laid!

That might be perceived as an expression of self, nonetheless.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

If I were you (which I'm not, obviously, since I'm one of those "anal retentive liberals" ) I'd try and tone down the language a bit more to appear more relaxed and accessable! First impressions are everything and you don't want to alienate someone who you might really enjoy because you judged them before meeting them and turned them off that way! My suggestion would be to word things a bit less definitley and rigidly and to make it sound like you want to meet someone who already exists instead of retreat back to your lab and create someone who fits all of your criteria!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    If I were you (which I'm not, obviously, since I'm one of those "anal retentive liberals" ) I'd try and tone down the language a bit more to appear more relaxed and accessable! First impressions are everything and you don't want to alienate someone who you might really enjoy because you judged them before meeting them and turned them off that way! My suggestion would be to word things a bit less definitley and rigidly and to make it sound like you want to meet someone who already exists instead of retreat back to your lab and create someone who fits all of your criteria!
    Can you help me out with this?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Can you help me out with this?
    sure! I'll go through it either later tonight or tommorrow morning and give you pointers on how to relax the language! (I used to edit papers for a journal- obviously not for spelling- my job was style!) I actually need to head out right now and introduce a guy to a girl

though work is needed it can be made workable!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Uber,

would you mind if I took your post and gave a go at editing it. You can junk it if you don't like it later. To shoot straight from the hip, I think your ad is only going to attract the girls who'd want to give you a go only for a laugh, or girls who'd not help you come out of your shell. Sorry if that is harsh.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Uber,

would you mind if I took your post and gave a go at editing it. You can junk it if you don't like it later. To shoot straight from the hip, I think your ad is only going to attract the girls who'd want to give you a go only for a laugh, or girls who'd not help you come out of your shell. Sorry if that is harsh.
    Okay, go ahead...

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Uber,

Ouch, even I have to come to Uber's defense in this one and say I actually think it will attract girls who aren't turned off by someone who is a little rough around the edges. Judging from the girls on Uber's MySpace page, I the kind of girls UBer likes -- 'anti-establishment', provocative, loveably antisocial/outside the norms, and um...goth? will respond.

I can't really see a typical touchy-feely girl with traditional values and sensiblities and Uber hitting it off...I think Uber's date would have to have a thick skin, a twisted sense of humor, and a disdain of 'bourgeoise' culture and establishment for them to have a good date. And be young in spirit. I think Uber could definitely handle the more bitter types who channel that anger into making fun of other people and enjoying Uber's humor (correct me if I'm wrong). And if she is rough around the edges and enjoys getting a rise out of people, all the better. And well, his ad as it stands is gonna do a good job attracting that!

But, I think it's great Uber is getting so much help from concerned MBTI citizens!

Uber -- don't you feel happy to be so loved?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Uber:

Take a look? I think I've managed to retain the sense of you, but hopefully with more hooks. Catch some first before you decide what to do, in a way. You can discard if you do not think it representative of you, no worries.

Cze, I never meant any malice (apologies, Uber, if it came across that way). I saw the kind he was looking for. Just that the way his was written, I think could have some girls just out for a bet/laugh hitting on him too. And that's pretty mean. If I thought Uber was bad, I wouldn't have bothered...

-----------------

If you’re looking for Prince Charming, don’t look here.

I am not perfect; like anyone, I have issues, too. That is why I’d accept yours, as much as I’d expect you to accept me as I am.

For your trust and respect, I’d repay with loyalty. If you are on my good side, you will not have to worry about betrayal.

I am shy, reserved, and misunderstood, but which genius is understood in his own time?

To me, the world holds no boundaries, no rights and wrongs. Atheism, Religion, Humanism, Science. They are all the same. I hold no respect for political correctness, for anal-retentive liberals; for moral correctness, for religious conservatives.

The truth is everything is relative. I invent my own beliefs, and they make just as little sense as anything else. Challenge my views, as I will challenge yours. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. That which is bizarre attracts me. Create and destroy worlds with me.

I am into movies, video games and counter culture music - ambient and black metal. I also have a fascination with roller coasters. Speed and danger, carefully crafted.

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a life with such folk. A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist, sexist, dirty... But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. Where’s yours?

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere.

I will not be a Prince Charming. But I can be your dark knight.

If you dare be my lady, drop me a note: my AIM is daseivonsatan@aim.com and my Yahoo! IM is dltdvd1@yahoo.com. Feel free to add, but please let me know who you are.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

OkCupid is twaddle, Uber.

If you wish to alleviate alienation, just seek out the company of like-minded people. (Most likely INs) As success there could be found through profound connection of inner beings not external facades.

When you go on sites like that one or this one, dont be doing this for the sake of personal connections as that is best left to one-on-one communication.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If I were you, I'd can that resume or leave it on there for the sake of amusement..last time I did something like that I created a persona of a 23 year old, Schopenhauer want to be starving artist. I strapped some random picture I found on the web to my myspace image display...not long after someone contacted me to model for their company...I stabbed her with Schopenhauer rhetoric( we are all familiar with Schopenhauer's attitude towards feminine vanity..i presume?) all over my letter back....and signed,

Dont fuck with me,

Elliot Smith

(That was my character's name)

A few minutes later I got a response from the same lady, 'dont sweat it hun, apply here if you're still interested..link'

Fuck by,

Helena..

---------------------------------------------------------------

The point of all of this is that such sites are unlikely to conduce to you finding satisfactory company as they are too remote from one-on-one settings, and strongly discourage such type of interaction. Most people on there tend not to have a sound inner being and for that reason rely very heavily on the external social environment which robs them even more.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/