User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Is this better?
    Noticeable improvement, yes.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Think of it this way:

What's your genuine objective of writing this? Do you solely desire sex? My observation on this board from you suggests more of a deep soul who desires real relationship. You don't need the numbers some people (cough extraverts) do, but you need real relationships.

I don't think what you're written is going to help you achieve your objective.

Show off your ability to manipulate language for humor. Be sarcastic, but honest re: your objective. If you want a connecting relationship, you need to write things in there that encourage this.

You can be more honest once you attract some potential people, in conversation. Don't lie, but be more positive and humorful.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know that I'm sarcastic, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't know that I'm sarcastic, though.
    Well, perhaps that's not the most accurate term. But I mean the way you manipulate language (play on words, for example). Or just saying something so ridiculous it clearly is not meant to be taken seriously.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I am basically a shy, reserved, and misunderstood genius with limited friends and otherwise restricted connections to the outer world, but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged. I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

I hold no respect for political correctness, and therefore, I hold no respect for anal-retentive liberals. Likewise, I hold no respect for moral correctness -- which means I hate religious conservatives just as much. On a good day, I'm an open-minded libertarian (unofficially).

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a social, romantic, or even sexual life with such folk. But simply being a counter-culture buffoon does not make you any of the three qualities described above.

I am an ultra movie nerd, an ultra video game nerd, and recently, I have become more of an indie music nerd. I follow these pursuits enthusiastically.

I also have a fascination with roller coasters. I do not just like to ride them, I feel they are among the most beautiful creations in the world. They are works of art.

I have a taste for the bizarre. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. I am a visionary. Practical ideas are overrated.

A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist (directed toward anyone), sexist (male or female), dirty, or otherwise. But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. In fact, prime time television is the perfect opportunity for a good laugh. I am bouncy and also very sarcastic, and sarcasm also turns me on.

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere. I reserve little pleasure, time, and/or energy for pursuing meaningless, frivolous endeavors.

Oh, and I am not a serial killer, because I think I read somewhere that it isn't very nice to kill people.
    I changed the entire third-to-last paragraph.

MBTI
    INFP

As a very wise bear once said: you've got to accentuate the positive.

INTJs have a lot of things going for them -- especially INTJ men. Responsible, committed, original, insightful, true to their values, able to set goals and make them happen, able to think outside the box, ludicrously diligent in their hobbies etc etc etc. The list goes on.

I also think you should tone down on the shyness thing. It's pretty much assumed for anyone using okcupid I suspect.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Uberfuhrer, what kind of person are you wanting to attract? In terms of qualities?

The latest version reads better, but if we could know what you're looking for, it'd help us give better feedback - right now reading the version, I'm still not clear what you're looking for and offering in return, simply - sounds too much a one-way street?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    As a very wise bear once said: you've got to accentuate the positive.

INTJs have a lot of things going for them -- especially INTJ men. Responsible, committed, original, insightful, true to their values, able to set goals and make them happen, able to think outside the box, ludicrously diligent in their hobbies etc etc etc. The list goes on.

I also think you should tone down on the shyness thing. It's pretty much assumed for anyone using okcupid I suspect.
    Go with this guy. Why not just describe the positive INTJ qualities that are true to yourself?

And re: the sarcasm lol
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    infp

Its too cynical, but Usehername rearranged it in a better way. But still, you should be positive, take those "bad" things and make it so you sound like you are always working hard to improve yourself (which is hopefully the case anyway). So, instead of calling yourself a loner with no friends, say you are shy and reserved, but that you feel like you need to reach out and form relationships with people. I know you said that somehwere in there anyway, but you should apply that attitude of "I am/was this, but now I'm working on improving myself". You'll look better for it because it shows you arn't consumed by your ego and you are always looking for ways to grow. In light of that, don't refer to yourself as a misunderstood genius, because that comes off as pompous.

Try to add some humour to it, make you sound like a more fun person. Like... maybe say "I have a crazy, comic obsession with roller coasters!" just to add a little dash here and there.

Its good you're going out and trying to contact people You should still try doing things in person, rather than contacting people on the internet, because ultimately I think that creating social skills in person is more worthwhile, and if you find someone on OKCupid, you'll eventually contact them in person anyway, and you'll want to be just as interesting or more interesting in person as you were online. The internet is probbaly an easier tool, but I think real-world skills are more important. Its your choice though, and I really hope things work out!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    especially INTJ men
    Umm, let me clarify that. INTJ men possess many traits especially attractive to a large number of women. INTJ women possess many traits especially attractive to a significantly smaller number of men. Not meaning to say that INTJ women have less going for them than INTJ men. Just that they're less appreciated by the bulk of men. Not me, of course.