• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Uber's OKCupid resume...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am basically a shy, reserved, and misunderstood genius, [edit], but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged. I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

I hold no respect for political correctness, and therefore, I hold no respect for anal-retentive liberals. Likewise, I hold no respect for moral correctness -- which means I hate religious conservatives just as much. On a good day, I'm an open-minded libertarian (unofficially). I normally steer away from politics, because I feel it is the adult form of irrational childhood bickering.

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a social, romantic, or even sexual life with such folk. But simply being a counter-culture buffoon does not make you any of the three qualities described above.

I am an ultra movie nerd, an ultra video game nerd, and recently, I have become more of an indie music nerd. I follow these pursuits enthusiastically.

I also have a fascination with roller coasters. I do not just like to ride them, I feel they are among the most beautiful creations in the world. They are works of art.

I have a taste for the bizarre. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. I am a visionary. Practical ideas are overrated.

A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist, sexist, dirty, or otherwise. But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. I am also very sarcastic, and sarcasm also turns me on.

I am strongly loyal and responsible towards that which and those of whom I care about. So if you are on my good side, you will not have to worry about betrayal. Likewise, in exchange for my loyalty, I must have your trust and respect.

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere. I reserve little pleasure, time, and/or energy for pursuing meaningless, frivolous endeavors.

Oh, and I am not a serial killer, because I think I read somewhere that it isn't very nice to kill people.

Added a paragraph, took out some of the first paragraph.

Usehername

On a mission
Umm, let me clarify that. INTJ men possess many traits especially attractive to a large number of women. INTJ women possess many traits especially attractive to a significantly smaller number of men. Not meaning to say that INTJ women have less going for them than INTJ men. Just that they're less appreciated by the bulk of men. Not me, of course. ;)

i just assumed that's what you meant given that we're talking in the context of dating sites. no offense taken by me, at least.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Haha, that's funny – good entertainment. In a sense you remind me of myself. Many people write in their profiles how they hate writing profiles, I think you highly enjoy writing about yourself though. I like writing about me … :p Not always at first, but when the flow becomes good, it is awesome to explore my essence.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't go with, "I cannot stand seeing other people who are happy" either.

Agreed. After all, you're trying to MEET people. Saying you're cynical is fine, but misanthropic? Even if you are, it's not something you want to broadcast, at least not right away. Play up what's good about you first and no, that doesn't have to be saccharine. Just your finer points -- like your hobbies and your intelligence and your humor.

Misunderstood genius is a good touch, too. :D

MerkW

Mein Fuehrer, I can walk!

It would not be difficult, Mein Fuhrer. Nuclear reactors could... I'm sorry, Mr. President... nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinitely.

Mein Fuhrer, I have a plan!

10 females for each male.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why the fuck is the highest match I can get 73 percent? I answered only about 800 questions on that Make Matches Easier thing...

In the online environment, is a 70-ish percentage statistically high? PT, where are you?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Why the fuck is the highest match I can get 73 percent? I answered only about 800 questions on that Make Matches Easier thing...

In the online environment, is a 70-ish percentage statistically high? PT, where are you?

Stop looking for PT to hold your hand and take it like man!!!

Uh, I would suggest you take out the last part about being a serial killer. Unless you like girls who own knives and are into kinky sex.

I second that question -- exactly who are you trying to attract? Do you have a picture in your mind about what the person looks like, what spending time with them would be like, the kinds of places you would go to hang out, etc? That helps a lot to know your audience and tailor it to them.

There's a fine line between 'being honest' and 'attracting people'. And between 'presentation' and 'content'.

If you really are rough around the edges, and prone to saying 'incendiary things' to get reactions from people IRL, it's important to show that in your profile -- especially when attracting girls, b/c girls typically have a much lower threshold for that. You want to attract girls who will like you, right?

If you really have a strong character or strong views or a strong sense of humor, or basically anything most people would find 'noteworthy' or possibly offensive, don't water it down too much in your profile or else your doing yourself and respondents a disservice. And you can't attract people who like your "quirks" unless you advertise them clearly and loudly.

It's like photography and getting your 'best side' with the best lighting and camera possible and no editing. Basically, you want to get the best picture of your face possible, but it's still your face.

Having said all that, I think your profile looks really good and comes off very honest and sincere, if I did not read your posts in the forum. People's suggestions really helped you smooth out the rough edges in your presentation. I actually think your profile is a little watered down content-wise. And it would help to add a sentence about who you want to meet. Perhaps adding, "Are you the kind of girl who sometimes says things and everyone tells you, "OMG, I can't believe you just said that?" Do people say your humor is 'off'? Because if so, you may very well be my dream girl!"

But I don't know you in IRL so if you think your profile is accurate as is, more power to you.

Good luck!

I am almost afeared for what kind of girl you will end coupling with...

So let us know how it turns out!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stop looking for PT to hold your hand and take it like man!!!

Don't you know 'real women' want 'real men'??

Uh, I would suggest you take out the last part about being a serial killer. Unless you like girls who own knives and are into kinky sex.

I second that question -- exactly who are you trying to attract? Do you have a picture in your mind about what the person looks like, what spending time with them would be like, the kinds of places you would go to hang out, etc? That helps a lot to know your audience and tailor it to them.

I was looking for PT for relevant statistics. He's on the top of that stuff. But in the romance world, he's already going to Hell... :devil:

As for the kinds of people I'm attracted to, take a look at the majority of the girls on my MySpace list. They're either taken or far away.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More updates:

I am basically a shy, reserved, and misunderstood genius, but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged, but who has the time to pursue the frivolity of material wealth? I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

I hold no respect for political correctness, and therefore, I hold no respect for anal-retentive liberals. Likewise, I hold no respect for moral correctness -- which means I hate religious conservatives just as much.

Atheism is wrong. Religion is wrong. Humanism is wrong. Science is wrong. They are all the same thing to me. The truth is everything is relative and there is no way to prove anything. I invent my own beliefs, and they make just as little sense as anything else.

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a social, romantic, or even intimate life with such folk. But simply being a counter-culture buffoon does not make you any of the three qualities described above.

I am an ultra movie nerd, an ultra video game nerd, and recently, I have become more of a music nerd. specifically ambient and black metal. I follow these pursuits enthusiastically.

I also have a fascination with roller coasters. I do not just like to ride them, I feel they are among the most beautiful creations in the world. They are works of art.

I do not express myself with attire. That's what ideas are for.

I have a taste for that which is bizarre. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. I am a visionary. Practical ideas are overrated.

A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist, sexist, dirty, or otherwise. But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. I am also very sarcastic, and sarcasm also turns me on.

I am strongly loyal and responsible towards that which and those of whom I care about. So if you are on my good side, you will not have to worry about betrayal. Likewise, in exchange for my loyalty, I must have your trust and respect.

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere. I reserve little pleasure, time, and/or energy for pursuing meaningless, frivolous endeavors.

Pseudointellectuals, pretentious "high-cultured" snobs, and otherwise all-around imbeciles do not make it in my book of life. The world is littered with enough idiots, most of whom are either stupid enough to think they are smart, and others whom are stupid enough to pretend they are smart. I have no wish to shepherd myself into an eternal flock of idiocy.

If you have read and agreed to my above statements, my AIM is daseivonsatan@aim.com and my Yahoo! IM is dltdvd1@yahoo.com. Feel free to add, but please do the kind service of letting me know who you are.

Thank you, and have a great day.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
" I do not express myself with attire. That's what ideas are for."

A quotable if I ever read one. :D Hilarious!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What can I say? People who wear clothes are not expressing themselves...they're expressing their desire to get laid!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What can I say? People who wear clothes are not expressing themselves...they're expressing their desire to get laid!

That might be perceived as an expression of self, nonetheless. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I were you (which I'm not, obviously, since I'm one of those "anal retentive liberals" :D) I'd try and tone down the language a bit more to appear more relaxed and accessable! First impressions are everything and you don't want to alienate someone who you might really enjoy because you judged them before meeting them and turned them off that way! My suggestion would be to word things a bit less definitley and rigidly and to make it sound like you want to meet someone who already exists instead of retreat back to your lab and create someone who fits all of your criteria!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I were you (which I'm not, obviously, since I'm one of those "anal retentive liberals" :D) I'd try and tone down the language a bit more to appear more relaxed and accessable! First impressions are everything and you don't want to alienate someone who you might really enjoy because you judged them before meeting them and turned them off that way! My suggestion would be to word things a bit less definitley and rigidly and to make it sound like you want to meet someone who already exists instead of retreat back to your lab and create someone who fits all of your criteria!

Can you help me out with this?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you help me out with this?

sure! I'll go through it either later tonight or tommorrow morning and give you pointers on how to relax the language! (I used to edit papers for a journal- obviously not for spelling- my job was style!) I actually need to head out right now and introduce a guy to a girl :D

though work is needed it can be made workable! :D

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Uber,

would you mind if I took your post and gave a go at editing it. You can junk it if you don't like it later. To shoot straight from the hip, I think your ad is only going to attract the girls who'd want to give you a go only for a laugh, or girls who'd not help you come out of your shell. Sorry if that is harsh. :devil:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uber,

would you mind if I took your post and gave a go at editing it. You can junk it if you don't like it later. To shoot straight from the hip, I think your ad is only going to attract the girls who'd want to give you a go only for a laugh, or girls who'd not help you come out of your shell. Sorry if that is harsh. :devil:

Okay, go ahead...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Uber,

Ouch, even I have to come to Uber's defense in this one and say I actually think it will attract girls who aren't turned off by someone who is a little rough around the edges. Judging from the girls on Uber's MySpace page, I the kind of girls UBer likes -- 'anti-establishment', provocative, loveably antisocial/outside the norms, and um...goth? will respond.

I can't really see a typical touchy-feely girl with traditional values and sensiblities and Uber hitting it off...I think Uber's date would have to have a thick skin, a twisted sense of humor, and a disdain of 'bourgeoise' culture and establishment for them to have a good date. And be young in spirit. I think Uber could definitely handle the more bitter types who channel that anger into making fun of other people and enjoying Uber's humor (correct me if I'm wrong). And if she is rough around the edges and enjoys getting a rise out of people, all the better. And well, his ad as it stands is gonna do a good job attracting that!

But, I think it's great Uber is getting so much help from concerned MBTI citizens!

Uber -- don't you feel happy to be so loved?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Uber:

Take a look? I think I've managed to retain the sense of you, but hopefully with more hooks. Catch some first before you decide what to do, in a way. :devil: You can discard if you do not think it representative of you, no worries.

Cze, I never meant any malice (apologies, Uber, if it came across that way). I saw the kind he was looking for. Just that the way his was written, I think could have some girls just out for a bet/laugh hitting on him too. And that's pretty mean. If I thought Uber was bad, I wouldn't have bothered...;)

-----------------

If you’re looking for Prince Charming, don’t look here.

I am not perfect; like anyone, I have issues, too. That is why I’d accept yours, as much as I’d expect you to accept me as I am.

For your trust and respect, I’d repay with loyalty. If you are on my good side, you will not have to worry about betrayal.

I am shy, reserved, and misunderstood, but which genius is understood in his own time?

To me, the world holds no boundaries, no rights and wrongs. Atheism, Religion, Humanism, Science. They are all the same. I hold no respect for political correctness, for anal-retentive liberals; for moral correctness, for religious conservatives.

The truth is everything is relative. I invent my own beliefs, and they make just as little sense as anything else. Challenge my views, as I will challenge yours. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. That which is bizarre attracts me. Create and destroy worlds with me.

I am into movies, video games and counter culture music - ambient and black metal. I also have a fascination with roller coasters. Speed and danger, carefully crafted.

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a life with such folk. A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist, sexist, dirty... But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. Where’s yours?

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere.

I will not be a Prince Charming. But I can be your dark knight.

If you dare be my lady, drop me a note: my AIM is daseivonsatan@aim.com and my Yahoo! IM is dltdvd1@yahoo.com. Feel free to add, but please let me know who you are.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OkCupid is twaddle, Uber.

If you wish to alleviate alienation, just seek out the company of like-minded people. (Most likely INs) As success there could be found through profound connection of inner beings not external facades.

When you go on sites like that one or this one, dont be doing this for the sake of personal connections as that is best left to one-on-one communication.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If I were you, I'd can that resume or leave it on there for the sake of amusement..last time I did something like that I created a persona of a 23 year old, Schopenhauer want to be starving artist. I strapped some random picture I found on the web to my myspace image display...not long after someone contacted me to model for their company...I stabbed her with Schopenhauer rhetoric( we are all familiar with Schopenhauer's attitude towards feminine vanity..i presume?) all over my letter back....and signed,

Dont fuck with me,

Elliot Smith

(That was my character's name)

A few minutes later I got a response from the same lady, 'dont sweat it hun, apply here if you're still interested..link'

Fuck by,

Helena..

---------------------------------------------------------------

The point of all of this is that such sites are unlikely to conduce to you finding satisfactory company as they are too remote from one-on-one settings, and strongly discourage such type of interaction. Most people on there tend not to have a sound inner being and for that reason rely very heavily on the external social environment which robs them even more.