• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type is more similar to ESTPs?

Which NT type is more similar to ESTPs?

• Total voters

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP.

/end thread

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I say ENTJ; they are said to be the least intuitive type of the NTs. :)

wolfy

awsm
ISTP Edit: Oh, look there is only two choices. ENTP. 

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow... you guys suck at voting! :tongue:

I'm going with ENTP, as the ENTJs I know don't quite have the same light touch to their playfulness that I've always seen in ESTPs :)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
you must not know an ENTJs in real life to ask that

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's just so final, my Peeness objects!

true, how cruel of the thread to go and offend your Peeness by asking such an obvious question to! :yes:

Js and Ps have little in common that way! (I'm frequently terrified of Js!)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
true, how cruel of the thread to go and offend your Peeness by asking such an obvious question to! :yes:

Js and Ps have little in common that way! (I'm frequently terrified of Js!)

Eggzachery! You get it! Hence forth and forever more you shall be my spokesperson in polls, your votes now count twice.

(they scare me a tad too :ninja:)

Qre:us

I am curious.

If you go by functions:

ENTJ - Te - Ni - Se - Fi

ESTP - Se - Ti - Fe - Ni

ENTP - Ne - Ti - Fe - Si

So, ENTJ and ENTP both share 2 functions in common with ESTP, a piece. But, say we rule out inferior function cus they're.....inferior. :D

ENTJ - Te - Ni - Se - Fi

ESTP - Se - Ti - Fe - Ni

ENTP - Ne - Ti - Fe - Si

Then, ENTP comes out the winner in terms of # of commonalities. Ti/Fe sharing, while ENTJ only shares the Se.

I think it also depends on what enneagram they share.

Anecdotally, as fleshed out individuals and not just pieces of functions, I've found that the ESTPs I know look more similar to me than they do to ENTJs I know. This interpretation is again limiting because it's an individual by individual case.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eggzachery! You get it! Hence forth and forever more you shall be my spokesperson in polls, your votes now count twice.

(they scare me a tad too :ninja:)

definitley time to start an ENTP women's voting bloc :yes: We could rule the world! :holy:

and Q, I know quite a few ENTJs and ESTPs in real life, and I'd say that the feel of the two types are completely different from one another- like, shockingly so! :shock:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This also depends on the well-being of the ENTJ.
Once when I was enduring a horrible period of life, I went into some distorted ESTP phase.
I've observed this in other ENTJs, as well.
Normally, we're not at all laid back enough, reckless and a few other traits.

ENTPs, while healthy, share a lot with healthy ESTPs, and you can generally find them hanging out.
The J/P divide is crazy important, most of all to Js. I've got a few P friends, but not in my inner circle for any longer periods of time.
It might be the Ps that I've encountered, but I get really annoyed when the social life isn't orderly, on time and clearly defined.
I mostly hang out with an ENFJ, xNFJ and an INTJ.
This is, as you see, based on personal experience and what I have read.
I don't care much for order of functions, as it's seldom very accurate.
All people use all functions, with varying degrees of success.

For example, we have a few well-known "sensors" here that probably has more N to them than 90% of the "iNtuitives" on here. Halla, shortnsweet and Jeffster.
If i'd judge on what i've seen of them, i'd still say they're sensors, just more versatile and a wee bit smarter than most people.

But... I've come across as ESTP at times. That was me when I wasn't feeling OK.
ENTJs and ESTPs are similar in the way that we both can and will get things done really quickly and well under pressure, and once we've decided upon something while in that state it doesn't matter if there's a brick wall ahead of us, we'll plow right through it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Look at it this way:

ENTP: relates closest to Choleric/Sanguine combo
ESTP: relates closest to Sanguine/Choleric combo

ENTJ: No Sanguine

I'm with Whatever, the ENTJs in my life are nothing like the ESTPs, generally they even bug each other (ESTP finds ENTJ stifling and fun-squishing, ENTJ finds ESTP irresponsible and reckless), now I don't consider myself like an ESTP but I do click with them and love their drive to have fun and action at any and all opportunities, historically even the immature ESTPs that drive everyone crazy have been awesome in my eyes cause we both just want to have fun and not be serious all the time.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Look at it this way:

ENTP: relates closest to Choleric/Sanguine combo
ESTP: relates closest to Sanguine/Choleric combo

ENTJ: No Sanguine

I'm with Whatever, the ENTJs in my life are nothing like the ESTPs, generally they even bug each other (ESTP finds ENTJ stifling and fun-squishing, ENTJ finds ESTP irresponsible and reckless), now I don't consider myself like an ESTP but I do click with them and love their drive to have fun and action at any and all opportunities, historically even the immature ESTPs that drive everyone crazy have been awesome in my eyes cause we both just want to have fun and not be serious all the time.

Sorry to be pedantic, but how the heck do you get those humours relating to the above....? below outside the parenthisis is what I got from Keirsey/my own knoweldge of humours (brackets are what I'd add in from wider study).

NT= Phelgmatic (Water)
NF = Coleric (Fire)
SJ = Melancolic (Earth)
SP = Sangiune (Air)

Four Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genuinely, not having a go, but how did you align those humours up with those types?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry to be pedantic, but how the heck do you get those humours relating to the above....? below outside the parenthisis is what I got from Keirsey/my own knoweldge of humours (brackets are what I'd add in from wider study).

NT= Phelgmatic (Water)
NF = Coleric (Fire)
SJ = Melancolic (Earth)
SP = Sangiune (Air)

Four Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genuinely, not having a go, but how did you align those humours up with those types?

Simply put: Keirsey got it wrong.

Read descriptions of NT and see how they don't line up with phelgmatic, same with NF not lining up with Choleric.

Choleric
A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics.

Phlegmatic
While phlegmatic are generally self-content and kind, their shy personality can often inhibit enthusiasm in others and make themselves lazy and resistant to change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats. Like the sanguine personality, the phlegmatic has many friends. However the phlegmatic is more reliable and compassionate; these characteristics typically make the phlegmatic a more dependable friend.

source

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok so it's presonal opinion?

I'm not buying Keirsey did get it wrong, humours are bizzar things to work with (wiki give s apretty shallow overview rrather than a full looka t humours), did a fair bit of them in traditionlal astrology (I'm not big on traditional, Iv'e done a fair bit of study but not extensive) - in traditional astorlogy humours add a layer of information for question answering...

but then this is a personal opinion too...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
everyone's wrong sometimes

I test as sanguine/phlematic, so I find it all to be bullshit! :devil:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok so it's presonal opinion?

I'm not buying Keirsey did get it wrong, humours are bizzar things to work with, did a fair bit of them in traditionlal astrology (I'm not big on traditional, Iv'e done a fair bit of study but not extensive) - in traditional astorlogy humours add a layer of information for question answering...

but then this is a personal opinion too...

There are plenty of people who consider those two types backwards.

Do you disagree with the descriptions or can you honestly read the ones I quoted, or in fact any reputable descriptions that can be found, and say they sound correct when NT is correlated with Phlegmatic and NF with Choleric?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are plenty of people who consider those two types backwards.

Do you disagree with the descriptions or can you honestly read the ones I quoted, or in fact any reputable descriptions that can be found, and say they sound correct when NT is correlated with Phlegmatic and NF with Choleric?

Ok we don't need to agree on this (neither of us are S types), they sky will not fall in.

I don't agree with your perspective but that may be because of what I've been exposed too... ie older material rather than modern take (although I've not looked at this for a long time)

The descriptors used by wiki are not massively good, I will see if I can hunt down better ones (probably tomorrow).

Bit streach but I beleive there are better descirptions in Culpper (which I've not read) or William lilly (which I have read, and it's bleeding heavy weather - I left it in Prague with an astrologe over there who can't get books) - which I think both are written in the 1600s - which is probably not so good for us here now today.

If I can track down some better definitons (I have some John Frawley books - which are astrological but traditional astrology used humours BIG time)....

More when I have more time... its not a biggie but humours are a big subject.