12 Last

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

Default Sleep Disorders & Regularity of Dreams

My father (INTJ) and I suffer from Sleep apnea and Insomnia respectively. I would like to know if any other NT's suffer from a sleeping disorder. When did the disorder start? Does it regularly appear? If you do manage to fall asleep in a phase, do you remember your dreams or not?

MBTI
    ENTP

I can be a terrible sleeper, bad crowded head... if I work at it I cna resolve it, but I've never been clinicall diagnosed... it doens't have a huge nasty impact on me, I cna get by on limited sleep but it's not comfortable and I fair better with more sleep

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I can be a terrible sleeper, bad crowded head... if I work at it I cna resolve it, but I've never been clinicall diagnosed... it doens't have a huge nasty impact on me, I cna get by on limited sleep but it's not comfortable and I fair better with more sleep
    I'd agree with this. I have no official sleep disorder but it usually takes me a long time to go to sleep because my brain won't turn off and let me be! Though (and I don't know if this counts or not) I did have a period of about 2 years where I was afraid to sleep, and so slept very irregularly and little.

EDIT: Forgot to mention about dreams. I used to remember them rarely until I became interested in dream lucidity. I began recording whatever I could remember of them in a diary every morning, and as time went on started remembering more and more. Now I dream quite frequently, and remember quite a bit. Still haven't had much success on the lucid dream front though - only 2 to date.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I take very long to fall asleep for the same reasons as not being able to turn my brain off and dreams are rare.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I have sleep apnea too; apparently it's hereditary (thanks Dad).

That would be, yes. I think I'm suffering from a spinning mind. I get all creative and strategic at night. Knowing that everybody else is asleep gives me a sense of peace, so it's easier for me to focus on stuff. And I get a head start! At least that's what I tell myself, and then I wake up at 2 pm the next day and the rest of the world has been productive for several hours already. Even if I get sleepy, I just can't bring myself to go to bed, cause I'm afraid I'll miss out on shit.

I had this theory that I would sleep like I eat. We are creatures of habit, so I can basically train my body to get used to anything I set my mind to. So I thought that I would take a lot of naps, instead of getting my X hrs. of sleep. Just like some people who wanna cut some weight divide their meals into several smaller meals, instead of 2 big ones, I would spread out my hours of sleep during the course of the day. Eureka! I think I might have thought of that idea at 4am.

Oh, dreams. I'm practising lucid dreaming, so that my sleep-time won't be a total waste. But somehow, I see no correlation between running in mid-air and dreams.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    That would be, yes. I think I'm suffering from a spinning mind. I get all creative and strategic at night. Knowing that everybody else is asleep gives me a sense of peace, so it's easier for me to focus on stuff. And I get a head start! At least that's what I tell myself, and then I wake up at 2 pm the next day and the rest of the world has been productive for several hours already. Even if I get sleepy, I just can't bring myself to go to bed, cause I'm afraid I'll miss out on shit.

I had this theory that I would sleep like I eat. We are creatures of habit, so I can basically train my body to get used to anything I set my mind to. So I thought that I would take a lot of naps, instead of getting my X hrs. of sleep. Just like some people who wanna cut some weight divide their meals into several smaller meals, instead of 2 big ones, I would spread out my hours of sleep during the course of the day. Eureka! I think I might have thought of that idea at 4am.Oh, dreams. I'm practising lucid dreaming, so that my sleep-time won't be a total waste. But somehow, I see no correlation between running in mid-air and dreams.
    The great leonardo da vinci used to do this i tried this in the summer holidays once but im still in school so it became impossoble

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    The great leonardo da vinci used to do this i tried this in the summer holidays once but im still in school so it became impossoble
    As far as I can tell, it doesn't work. Not for long. Not for me and the way I live. It's great for a couple of days, and you think you're a genius for coming up with such a life-hack! You tell all your friends, and they all think you're a mad man, but you knooow you're on to something. But after a while, the hours you are awake become more unbearable and you're wondering why you keep fucking things up and then you end up sleeping for 2 days straight and you realize, I'm not a robot.

But maybe I gave in too soon!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I think I have sleep apnea (or some sort of sleeping disorder) and I know my dad has it.

It started almost a year ago. I disregarded my irregular sleeping/non fulfilling sleeping as just a phase, or resulting from stress. But it has been keeping up and really, really bothering me. I started having nightmares as well, that would last for like a week.

I sometimes remember my dreams, but not often anymore.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    xxxx

I don't have any disorders relating to falling and/or staying asleep, nor do I recall ever having any. My father had sleep apnea at one point, but that was from obesity, a condition I'm not afflicted with at this point in time. I generally go to sleep when I feel my day is over. (read: when I'm tired and don't want to struggle for awakeness)

That being said, I'm moderately sensitive to my sleeping environment, but not moreso than the average person. (thus, not much of a disorder) I prefer the room temperature to be somewhere in the 45-65 Fahrenheit range. Itchy sheets and/or pillows (as are insufficient pillows) are bad and I prefer all lights OFF. Loud noise, including a television = no. Save a few excursions to hotels, I sleep on the floor, usually with some sort of mat underneath. You could say I've tried to optimize my comfort.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?